• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Hire a new assistant coach

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:
I heard he has two stud daughters who play hoops and are tall. Are they high schoolers? Guessing one of the local high school coaches just hit the jackpot if so.
Hellgate.

That’s pretty cool! I hope they are both Griz some day!

grizzlyjournal said:
HookedonGriz said:
I heard he has two stud daughters who play hoops and are tall. Are they high schoolers? Guessing one of the local high school coaches just hit the jackpot if so.

Covill has two daughters, the oldest of whom played on the West Salem H. S. (16-11) team this season. Both played for the Salem Oregon Elite AAU basketball club this summer. (It appears that Covill coached one of the teams.)

• Austynn Covill, a 6-1 junior SF, class of 2021.
• Alex Covill, a 6-3 SF incoming freshman, class of 2023.

[media]https://twitter.com/CovillNathan/status/1148429509986672640[/media]

I have that same blue Adidas shirt...hahaha...oh, this has actually happened?
Super excited for the ladies going forward...uh, I mean, nice assistant coach hiring!

Alex Covill is a 6-3 freshman. By time she graduates from high school, may grow an inch or two. Lady Griz could certainly use a player like that.

HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:
Hellgate.

Just like the Schweyen girls.

grizindabox said:
HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:
Hellgate.

Just like the Schweyen girls.

Ha hopefully that pays off. Too early to tell. But a 6’3 incoming freshman who plays on an elite Oregon team and Griz blood in her veins...I’m cool with that!

HookedonGriz said:
I think some folks owe moneyball an apology. People were pretty rough on him when he claimed this

thanks...but I was not worried. The truth always comes out. Everything I say in the forum is 100% truth and factual....or I would not say it. I care about the Lady Griz and our great school. I knew about Nate awhile ago. He will be great for our program. I am beyond excited for him. I just hope Shannon doesn't screw him up and over. I am looking for him to be the next head coach of the Lady Griz!!! I guess you can't trust Riley or the other pundits.....ha!

HookedonGriz said:
I think some folks owe moneyball an apology. People were pretty rough on him when he claimed this

I don’t think anyone questioned they would actually hire someone to fill an empty spot in the assistant ranks. In fact, it was certain they would.

Moneyball was questioned about: are we to believe Shannon doesn’t have a say in the hiring of her assistant. Or if she did, that she would use as her criterion to be someone to replace her when she got fired. Or that Haslem thought a good strategy was: rather than just fire Shannon, he would ninja-like keep Shannon one more year, know an assistant would leave, he would hire a ringer, fire Shannon next year (even though a ringer assistant would likely mean winning a few more games) and then be in the position to replace the fired coach with a member of the fired staff rather than hiring that same person from outside that would otherwise be seen as a fresh start.

Moneyball said this was all to be made clear after the hire. Yet, since Nate and Shannon actually seem to respect each other, I’m more solidly at where I was before, which is: Haslem thought Shannon deserved another year, an assistant’s husband got a promotion in Billings and left to be with her family, and they hired the best replacement available, which is an exciting and welcomed hire.

astutegriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I don’t think anyone questioned they would actually hire someone to fill an empty spot in the assistant ranks. In fact, it was certain they would.

Moneyball was questioned about: are we to believe Shannon doesn’t have a say in the hiring of her assistant. Or if she did, that she would use as her criterion to be someone to replace her when she got fired. Or that Haslem thought a good strategy was: rather than just fire Shannon, he would ninja-like keep Shannon one more year, know an assistant would leave, he would hire a ringer, fire Shannon next year (even though a ringer assistant would likely mean winning a few more games) and then be in the position to replace the fired coach with a member of the fired staff rather than hiring that same person from outside that would otherwise be seen as a fresh start.

Moneyball said this was all to be made clear after the hire. Yet, since Nate and Shannon actually seem to respect each other, I’m more solidly at where I was before, which is: Haslem thought Shannon deserved another year, an assistant’s husband got a promotion in Billings and left to be with her family, and they hired the best replacement available, which is an exciting and welcomed hire.

That was perhaps the stance you took on all of this for sure. However one doesn’t have to read very far in to the start of this thread to see people starting to question Moneyball and whether or not he was full of it. Someone made a point that Riley Corcoran said it was rumor others claimed moneyball had an axe to grind. Looks like he was spot on with this from the jump and I feel like a few people owe him an apology

The Missoulian announcement in my opinion was not that insightful about the new coach's assets, what he brings to the table. His coaching experience appears as mostly high school, and some as an assistant at the collegiate level. I would be interested in the specifics of his skills and ideas for game strategies, etc. What is vital, is that Sharon fully acknowledges assets the new coach brings, and is willing to integrate or change ways for which the teams and it's players operate. If not, then well.....? Hopefully fresh air for the LGriz, go Griz!

MTbest said:
The Missoulian announcement in my opinion was not that insightful about the new coach's assets, what he brings to the table. His coaching experience appears as mostly high school, and some as an assistant at the collegiate level. I would be interested in the specifics of his skills and ideas for game strategies, etc. What is vital, is that Sharon fully acknowledges assets the new coach brings, and is willing to integrate or change ways for which the teams and it's players operate. If not, then well.....? Hopefully fresh air for the LGriz, go Griz!

Nathan is a good addition. The Current head coach however will not use him to his fullest. I used to watch him back in the day....He will make a good head coach when Shannon is let go next year.

Grizwald32 said:
MTbest said:

Nathan is a good addition. The Current head coach however will not use him to his fullest. I used to watch him back in the day....He will make a good head coach when Shannon is let go next year.

4/4 Grizwald...well done.

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:
Hi all. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The Lady Griz have hired a new Male assistant coach. They have not officially announced it yet so out of respect for him and his family I will not divulge his name. Let's just say I am excited for the hire. He is a great coach and person!!! The girls could really use some encouragement form a good coach. Just between you, me and the fence post.....When Shannon is let go next year...this new hire will likely get the nod. This might be why they hired him to begin with. Stay tuned!!!!

A friend of mine asked Riley Corcoran about this today. Riley says it is totally false. So who's right, Riley or moneyball? The world wonders...........

did you get your question as to who was right answered???

Grizwald32 said:
maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:
Hi all. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The Lady Griz have hired a new Male assistant coach. They have not officially announced it yet so out of respect for him and his family I will not divulge his name. Let's just say I am excited for the hire. He is a great coach and person!!! The girls could really use some encouragement form a good coach. Just between you, me and the fence post.....When Shannon is let go next year...this new hire will likely get the nod. This might be why they hired him to begin with. Stay tuned!!!!

A friend of mine asked Riley Corcoran about this today. Riley says it is totally false. So who's right, Riley or moneyball? The world wonders...........

did you get your question as to who was right answered???

I Did. And was happy that moneyball was right. Nate is a great addition.

Latest posts

Back