• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LGriz vs. Houston Baptist - Halftime up 28 - 23

When talking about the turnovers, Holsinger mentioned how it is both due to poor passing as well as the receiver not posting up strong and getting good enough position. The good enough position seems to indicate a few of the turnovers happened on entrance passes or in the post. Looking at the stats, Anderson had 6 TOs while Gfeller had 3. Comparatively, Tsineke (2) and Stiles (1) did pretty good for handling the ball so much.

Entrance passes have been an issue in the past, too. Especially from the high post, the ladies tended to have too flat of passes which too many times resulted in throwing the ball out of bounds or getting picked off by a fronting defender. More so than other sports, basketball players should understand the importance of a parabola's vertex because they can see the visual results of having a high arching shot compared to someone like Shaq shooting a flat freethrow, which really limits the margin of error when the ball enters the rim area.

Some things to work on but a win is all that matters right now. :thumb:

"Not to mince words, but one of the things I'm really upset about is the fact that when the game was a little bit in question, we started playing harder, we started hustling more," said Holsinger.

"That has to happen for 40 minutes. If that happens for 40 minutes, you're not in those situations. I want to play better throughout the game so we don't have to be so resilient."

Emphasis is mine, but that's my favorite part of the quote!

I have a feeling that HBU got some confidence and may be a team to be reckoned with as the year progresses. Certainly, we're happy for the win :clap:

Announced attendance was 78?!!!!

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-womens-basketball-team-rallies-to-beat-houston-baptist-in-grand-canyon-classic/article_7030bc7a-e886-5c45-a0f3-55018480ac3f.html

Back