• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lunch

EverettGriz said:
Too many potential variables left off the OP to answer effectively: wife who prefers nicer places?; kids?; guys looking for burgers and brews?

That said, Missoula has some of the best food for a town it’s size I’ve ever been in. A slew of great options

What's the brewery right downtown EG?

I went there this summer with kids sports and again last weekend and the beers I thought were pretty good but came away pleasantly surprised with the food.

We will be having lunch at my tailgate with the contents of my cooler and shopping bags. As usual, everyone is always welcome!

CDAGRIZ said:
clawman said:
Can you recommend a good local restaurant for lunch tomorrow?
Thanks

Sure, I got you covered.
Buffalo Wild Wings (basically a wing place).
If you want authentic Mexican, there’s Cafe Rio and Chipotle.
For Italian, head on over to Mod Pizza or Little Caesars.
For sandwiches, the possibilities are endless. There’s Subway, Firehouse, and Jimmy’s John’s.
For breakfast food, I recommend IHOP or Denny’s.
For sushi, take the Reserve St exit, turn around, and drive until you see salt water.

Hopefully, this gives you a good Taste of Missoula!

Can't believe you left off Arbys. :| :| :|

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
Too many potential variables left off the OP to answer effectively: wife who prefers nicer places?; kids?; guys looking for burgers and brews?

That said, Missoula has some of the best food for a town it’s size I’ve ever been in. A slew of great options

What's the brewery right downtown EG?

I went there this summer with kids sports and again last weekend and the beers I thought were pretty good but came away pleasantly surprised with the food.

there are a couple there is the Confluence brewery and there is Cranky Sams which is really nice and you can get food from the food truck parked next to it and from bigga pizza or walk down a little and hit the top hat for food...

If you want to eat downtown, I would suggest the Top Hat, Conflux Brewery, Wally & Buck, Market on Front, Dobi's Terryaki, or the Mo Club

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Sure, I got you covered.
Buffalo Wild Wings (basically a wing place).
If you want authentic Mexican, there’s Cafe Rio and Chipotle.
For Italian, head on over to Mod Pizza or Little Caesars.
For sandwiches, the possibilities are endless. There’s Subway, Firehouse, and Jimmy’s John’s.
For breakfast food, I recommend IHOP or Denny’s.
For sushi, take the Reserve St exit, turn around, and drive until you see salt water.

Hopefully, this gives you a good Taste of Missoula!

He said he wanted local places. There's an Arby's in Helena and I think the original is in Butte. It kind of fell off since Arby sold the location.

Griz90 said:
If you like real Greek gyros the one on Orange Street right a cross from The Orange Street Foodmart and there's one over by the Griz soccer fields right next to a Domino's.

We started eating there when we moved to town around 1980. The teens who served then are grandparents now I suppose and the Gyros are great. Great family place, reminds me I haven't been in there for a year.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

He said he wanted local places. There's an Arby's in Helena and I think the original is in Butte. It kind of fell off since Arby sold the location.

I did not realize it wasn't local. My bad. :oops: :oops:

I forgot to mention a place I definitely would not recommend: It's a little bakery-type place inside Muralt's truck stop. I can't remember the name, but everything I've had there is absolutely revolting. If I could give it negative stars, I would. 0.0/5, would not recommend.

wwwingman said:
Notorious P.I.G. if you want BBQ

"Um, hello?"

OIP.qaXmAUYN0TYbJ8tm1hdZowAAAA

But I remembered I think Dave opened the Long Beach location a while back. Also, I was not expecting a BBQ recommendation based on your username. ;)

Seriously though, does anyone remember that old lady in Grand Forks who wrote a glowing review of Olive Garden thinking it was a new local joint a few years back? It was adorable.

CDAGRIZ said:
I forgot to mention a place I definitely would not recommend: It's a little bakery-type place inside Muralt's truck stop. I can't remember the name, but everything I've had there is absolutely revolting. If I could give it negative stars, I would. 0.0/5, would not recommend.

Wheat Montana?

I can't believe people here think Notorious PIG is good and is actual BBQ. lol

That said, how has -no one- even mentioned Charlie B's? For god sakes, if anything this crew of misfits should know that's always top of the list for great local dives.

retiredpopo said:
'68griz said:
I don't think Highlander opens until 5 pm.

I dunno i get pretty messed up on time these days but I swear I hit it about noon or shortly there after. but for sure it is open at noon....heck you could stop by and say hi, beat up motorhome with the sewer hose running into the street drain ala cousin eddy.....
Sorry about that -- they do open at noon.

MrTitleist said:

That said, how has -no one- even mentioned Charlie B's? For god sakes, if anything this crew of misfits should know that's always top of the list for great local dives.

Pauls Pancake Parlor
Rubys
4B's

There you go.

CDAGRIZ said:
wwwingman said:
Notorious P.I.G. if you want BBQ

"Um, hello?"

OIP.qaXmAUYN0TYbJ8tm1hdZowAAAA

But I remembered I think Dave opened the Long Beach location a while back. Also, I was not expecting a BBQ recommendation based on your username. ;)

Seriously though, does anyone remember that old lady in Grand Forks who wrote a glowing review of Olive Garden thinking it was a new local joint a few years back? It was adorable.

I was a line cook at Famous Daves when they first opened. Decent food then, but my family in Missoula tell me it's gone downhill since Dave sold his "secret sauce" recipe to corporate conglomerates.. another local food joint that sold out to the big wigs.. it should be band.

CDAGRIZ said:

Bobcat boosters.

MrTitleist said:

Help me out. I've never had it. I checked out their website and it looked legit. That said, I'm an admitted BBQ snob and I hate when things only look legit, so I scrolled their insta until I saw what I didn't want to see: Kitchen BBQ locker-style pits. I know it can still be very tasty, but I was really hoping to see a giant offset.

Side note: the best I've ever had is Lewis in Charleston, SC. https://lewisbarbecue.com/
I've never been to Franklin. The line was ridiculous every time I've tried.
There's a place called Rudy's in Austin that I thought was excellent.
Haven't had anything good back home, so I was stoked about P.I.G. (I'm still going to try it).
I'd be interested to hear from AZ and out Texas friends on how I'm wrong about Lewis. ;)

Back