• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana is #4 in alcohol consumption as compared to other states

SoCal Surfer

DONOR
Per Center Square website Montana in #4 in per capita in alcohol consumption per individual at 3.2 gal/year per person in 2020 as compared to other states.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/montana/this-is-how-alcohol-consumption-in-montana-compares-to-other-states/article_f2d88b11-1d7e-563d-bd69-223da7a3941b.html

Is there any correlation on alcohol consumption and the Griz national football standings per year? To me there should be.

Why don't you do some of your own homework. How about make a thesis and seek data regarding that thesis. Hint: this ain't about proving you are right or wrong, its about data. You say there is a correlation between alcohol consumption and the fortunes of Griz football. Proof may be out there. You'll need to go back to about 1980 or so for significant data on alcohol consumption. Griz football stats are there, all ya gotta do is get off your ass and gather the data. Plenty of Business majors out there, on this site, that will 'critique' your methodology. Part of that curriculum is Business Research. Go for it.

Mistake #1: You've already come to a conclusion, now you are looking for proof to support that conclusion, as evidenced by: "Is there any correlation on alcohol consumption and the Griz national football standings per year? To me there should be." You'll have to supply your own KY, though.

3-7-77 said:
Why don't you do some of your own homework. How about make a thesis and seek data regarding that thesis. Hint: this ain't about proving you are right or wrong, its about data. You say there is a correlation between alcohol consumption and the fortunes of Griz football. Proof may be out there. You'll need to go back to about 1980 or so for significant data on alcohol consumption. Griz football stats are there, all ya gotta do is get off your ass and gather the data. Plenty of Business majors out there, on this site, that will 'critique' your methodology. Part of that curriculum is Business Research. Go for it.

Mistake #1: You've already come to a conclusion, now you are looking for proof to support that conclusion, as evidenced by: "Is there any correlation on alcohol consumption and the Griz national football standings per year? To me there should be." You'll have to supply your own KY, though.

IMO, I feel there is no correlation between alcohol consumption and Griz FB stats.

Some trivia (2010 -2020) per 1K population.

Montana's heavy drinking: Montana is 22% vs. 19% for US.

Montana's car deaths: Montana is 46 vs. 29% for US.

Montana's ticketed DWI's fell 58% during this period.

Montana residents are heavy drinkers. Most colder states are also.

Prior to 2010 there is limited sources and data for any conclusions.

If anyone thinks there is a correlation say so. That's why this chat room exists.

3-7-77 back to you.

"IMO, I feel there is no correlation between alcohol consumption and Griz FB stats." You ended your thread right there.

Back