• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Commit - Cooper Kriegmont from Alaska

LittleBear said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
I totally agree with this game plan. In most cases, it should be a big or athletic wing that needs some refinement. The dreaded "potential" word. There are a million guards out there. The difference between us and the big boys is just that, the big boys! I get in this day and age most kids don't want to ride the pine and learn/wait for their moment but that is an ideal game plan in my mind.

I'm all for depth at the center position. But I think the depth that we are getting at that 12th and 13th scholarship isn't what's going to shrink the gap between us and the big dogs. You look at Boehning, Kelby, Besovic, Carter, Darius....these are guys that have been brought in the last 7 years to add depth and develop for 2-3 years down the road.

When you look at Eastern, they had two guys (Aiken, little Groves) who were matchup nightmares...pick & pop shooters but could post up little guards. Defensively they were able to switch ball screens and guard 1-4...I think that's what we're missing. A true wing who can guard his position. switch on to smaller guards, then move down to the 4 to play small ball.

I agree. I think JC transfer Martin looks like he potentially could do that. He is 6'4 and strong.

UncleRico said:
LittleBear said:
I'm all for depth at the center position. But I think the depth that we are getting at that 12th and 13th scholarship isn't what's going to shrink the gap between us and the big dogs. You look at Boehning, Kelby, Besovic, Carter, Darius....these are guys that have been brought in the last 7 years to add depth and develop for 2-3 years down the road.

When you look at Eastern, they had two guys (Aiken, little Groves) who were matchup nightmares...pick & pop shooters but could post up little guards. Defensively they were able to switch ball screens and guard 1-4...I think that's what we're missing. A true wing who can guard his position. switch on to smaller guards, then move down to the 4 to play small ball.

I agree. I think JC transfer Martin looks like he potentially could do that. He is 6'4 and strong.

Remember, he's replacing a young kid who was the same height, upper-level athlete, good shooter and rebounder from the guard position, came from within the system, and was showing progress toward possibly being an elite player--Eddie Egun. I hated to see him go. Hope Martin is that good. The staff must think so.

citay said:
UncleRico said:

Remember, he's replacing a young kid who was the same height, upper-level athlete, good shooter and rebounder from the guard position, came from within the system, and was showing progress toward possibly being an elite player--Eddie Egun. I hated to see him go. Hope Martin is that good. The staff must think so.

I hate to see Eddy go too.

Lonell Martin Jr. has the potential to be the best shooter we’ve seen in a Griz uni for quite a while. He’s also in the 6’4-6’5 range, weighs about 200 lbs and is no slouch defensively. He can be the 3 and D wing that was missing.

UMFan12 said:
Lonell Martin Jr. has the potential to be the best shooter we’ve seen in a Griz uni for quite a while. He’s also in the 6’4-6’5 range, weighs about 200 lbs and is no slouch defensively. He can be the 3 and D wing that was missing.

Does he have permission ?

fanofzoo said:
UMFan12 said:

Does he have permission ?

Only late in the shot click when he's covered!

Back