• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: Kordell Pillans OL Kodiak, AK

cmtgrizzly said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Was so so so hoping he’d choose UM! This class is taking off!

Yep! I know Youngstown State was after him just based on his Twitter but I don’t know of any others.

Not trying to be difficult but why were you hoping he would choose UM? Yes I know we need O-line help. I guess what I am getting at did you know much about him before he committed? Did he have offers coming out of high school and had other issues that landed him at JC? Did you watch him play at his JC and were impressed?

Because we desperately need help on the OL with a big, aggressive, versatile, experienced O Lineman who can play RIGHT NOW. Picking up good O Lineman drop downs or transfers in this day and age is like finding a unicorn. We just found our unicorn. We needed this pick up more than any other spot in my opinion. He’s 6’6 310 lbs, a 2 Star kid, and all you have to do is watch his tape to see he can play. Yes I was hoping he would come here....damn near praying.

HookedonGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yep! I know Youngstown State was after him just based on his Twitter but I don’t know of any others.

Not trying to be difficult but why were you hoping he would choose UM? Yes I know we need O-line help. I guess what I am getting at did you know much about him before he committed? Did he have offers coming out of high school and had other issues that landed him at JC? Did you watch him play at his JC and were impressed?

Because we desperately need help on the OL with a big, aggressive, versatile, experienced O Lineman who can play RIGHT NOW. Picking up good O Lineman drop downs or transfers in this day and age is like finding a unicorn. We just found our unicorn. We needed this pick up more than any other spot in my opinion. He’s 6’6 310 lbs, a 2 Star kid, and all you have to do is watch his tape to see he can play. Yes I was hoping he would come here....damn near praying.

Whatever...I found 3 unicorns just last week...I think you’re just embellishing things a bit!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Pillans will be on a full-ride scholarship to Montana, choosing the Griz over Youngstown State, Missouri State and Albany. He plans to sign on Wednesday when the early signing period begins and will enroll for the spring semester so he can participate in spring practices.

Pillans projects as a guard at Montana. He primarily played right guard at Mesa Community College in Arizona, in addition to rotating between right tackle and left tackle when needed.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-beef-up-offensive-line-with-junior-college-commit/article_6c27b56a-c76d-5d97-96c2-713d874f9a82.html

cmtgrizzly said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

He had offers from Youngstown state, Missouri state, and Albany, but we were his first offer. I for one was worried we might not land him. He was one that we needed. I’m of the opinion that we still need one more transfer and one more freshman. That would give us 4 total scholarship OL prospects in this class. Then I would hope we have some in the walk on ranks that could maybe provide some completion and depth.

AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Whatever...I found 3 unicorns just last week...I think you’re just embellishing things a bit!

Only three? What a slacker. :lol:

dirtysoup said:
Kodiak, AK... Think he's used to cold weather?

Actually it doesn't get as cold there as here. Very rare to even get to single digits even on coldest nights. Sea level with a giant temperature moderating ocean surrounding it. Rain shouldn't bother him.....

Ursus1 said:
dirtysoup said:

Actually it doesn't get as cold there as here. Very rare to even get to single digits even on coldest nights. Sea level with a giant temperature moderating ocean surrounding it. Rain shouldn't bother him.....

But will he be able to acclimate to loud? I haven’t noticed a word about his abilities in space or family strength. WTF?

Ursus1 said:
dirtysoup said:

I learned something new thanks! :thumb:

I taught in Kodiak the last four years. A guy of his size makes him stick out a bit in a small community. Great kid and tough as nails!

Back