• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Griz Football Coach

Say what ya want about Bobby. What could have been blah blah blah. I will always support Grizzly Athletics, our university, and I will always support the Hauck family and what they’ve done for the community and Montana, just like I support the Washington’s for everything they’ve done. We should be thankful that we are the University of Montana Grizzlies. Things aren’t perfect and they never will be. We’re pretty fortunate to have had so many dedicated head coaches past and present on all of our athletic teams. Ya know we got some sayings… We Are Montana. Up With Montana, Go Griz, Return To Dominance. Those are all things that Bobby takes to heart, and I’d love you to point me in the direction of a Football HC that would have his passion for our Grizzlies.

Special H said:
PeauxRouge said:
How many big games has Kelly won?

Plenty, he built a program at Central Michigan
He built a program at Cincinnati
He made Notre Dame relevant after a 30 hiatus

Kelly walk right into LSU with the most talented QB in the nation who will be a sophomore next year. Returns a stable of senior WRs and a very good running back. LSU loses 3 seniors on the DL but depth has all the pieces Kelly needs to have a very good defense next season. Stingley JR returns for his senior season at CB and if they get any safety help through the transfer portal or recruiting they might have a top 5 defense in the SEC

Kelly can now get players on the field that would never get into Notre Dame. With Kellys past record at building and improving every place he's been at, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wins a NC next season

OK, how many big games has he won?

Who knows who our next Head Griz Football Coach will be? It's kind of hard to predict who will be available/interested in 2030!

MikeyGriz said:
Who knows who our next Head Griz Football Coach will be? It's kind of hard to predict who will be available/interested in 2030!

2030..Robby Hauck? Just to piss em off!

UncleRico said:
MikeyGriz said:

2030..Robby Hauck? Just to piss em off!

:clap:

Then we could continue the, "He's only on the field because his dad was the HC!" talk,

You are welcome for the Pedestrian comments. :pray:

Special H said:
The cumulative football IQ on this board is a 2 out of 10. My 8 is sucked down by vapid idiocrasy by the usual suspects.

I honestly can not see Kelly dealing with LSU boosters and players he will have in Baton Rouge.
He seems very boring. I think Lsu wants more of a personality and I don't think he will relate well with recruits. He seems very Ron ASH like.

Mavman said:
I honestly can not see Kelly dealing with LSU boosters and players he will have in Baton Rouge.
He seems very boring. I think Lsu wants more of a personality and I don't think he will relate well with recruits. He seems very Ron ASH like.

You might be on to something. Though I've never really noticed his pants.

Grizzlies1982 said:
Mavman said:
"Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filé gumbo ... " If he can't cope with Cajun food ... he is doomed as a top recruiter. (I love Cajun food ... mostly.) :lol: :lol:

Still, it's as important that he relates to parents as well as the (potential) recruits. So, make no mistake, the fact that he has a Roman Catholic background -- even if Irish rather than French -- can still be a plus in Louisiana. It will be interesting to see how all that plays out.

UncleP said:
Special H said:
Cat games are never big games. For them its their superbowl, for us its no different than kicking Northern Colorados ass again and again.

I can only imagine your pathetic life……..what a joke.

Special Hemorrhoid? Special Herpes? Special Horseshit?

Must be fun.

uofmman1122 said:
You're right, and to go further, I've compiled a list of coaches we should have hired in the last 2 decades with the full benefit of hindsight:

Jim Harbaugh
Scott Frost
Jonathon Smith
Lincoln Riley
Kliff Kingsbury
Kyle Shanahan
Sean McVay
Craig Bohl
Chris Klieman

These are just a few from my extensive list, and it's unbelievable we didn't hire any of them, and instead got stuck with Bobby (twice, yuck).

The passing game those guys use will never work in the climate of Montana, it's too cold. We need George Halas, Vince Lombardi or Knute Rockne. Any of the three would work.

I will let Speical K in on something...Kelly withdrew from the UM coaching search when he realized that his salary at Grand Valley St would be more than the head coaching position at UM. True story.

Hauck, will be head coach till he wants a change. I don't see him getting fired or asking to leave, ever. He is God in Griz country.

IdaGriz01 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
"Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filé gumbo ... " If he can't cope with Cajun food ... he is doomed as a top recruiter. (I love Cajun food ... mostly.) :lol: :lol:

Still, it's as important that he relates to parents as well as the (potential) recruits. So, make no mistake, the fact that he has a Roman Catholic background -- even if Irish rather than French -- can still be a plus in Louisiana. It will be interesting to see how all that plays out.

I think athletes chose to play at Notre Dame. Players that choose LSU have other SEC schools to choose from and are on everybodys radar you must be a Great recruiter to beat the other top schools. maybe im wrong but I don't think Notre dame and LSU Fish in the same ponds for recruits very often.

Mavman said:
IdaGriz01 said:

I think athletes chose to play at Notre Dame. Players that choose LSU have other SEC schools to choose from and are on everybodys radar you must be a Great recruiter to beat the other top schools. maybe im wrong but I don't think Notre dame and LSU Fish in the same ponds for recruits very often.

Well, why do you think it is the SEC has gotten where it is? Take away the academic standards and suddenly the pond you fish in gets much much bigger. Kelly knew he had maxed out Notre Dame, and LSU has facilities, culture, buy-in that the golden domers can only dream of. He doesn’t have to fight to get guys admitted or eligible quite the same way down in Louisiana. We will see what Kelly can do building a staff first. It doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to bring any of his guys in with him. His first four years in South Bend were lackluster until he refreshed his whole staff. Can he do that again?

Back