• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No Fireworks!?

pyroguy said:
I was a certified Pyrotechnician and did several show per year for over 15 years. Many organizations have sponsored the shows and had liability included in their insurance programs, now most of them exclude the liability for sponsoring fireworks. The cost to purchase liability for a one day show can run up to $10,000. Add that to the cost of fireworks, back when I retired from shooting shows the cost of each shell ran upwards to $700 per shell, depending on size of shell. The shows I shot ran around $30,000 and today those same shows would be close to $100,000. plus the cost of the fireworks company to light them and insurance. That is a lot of money for sparks and noise.

So, you agree that this is Canada’s fault.

CDAGRIZ said:
pyroguy said:
I was a certified Pyrotechnician and did several show per year for over 15 years. Many organizations have sponsored the shows and had liability included in their insurance programs, now most of them exclude the liability for sponsoring fireworks. The cost to purchase liability for a one day show can run up to $10,000. Add that to the cost of fireworks, back when I retired from shooting shows the cost of each shell ran upwards to $700 per shell, depending on size of shell. The shows I shot ran around $30,000 and today those same shows would be close to $100,000. plus the cost of the fireworks company to light them and insurance. That is a lot of money for sparks and noise.

So, you agree that this is Canada’s fault.

Fuhcging hosers.

maroonandsilver said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I know it has nothing to do with any level of football but it is Missoula related and it’s also the Doldrums of summer. WTH! The mall has canceled the firework show with no explanation?

My personal take is that the original owners of the Mall were, for the most part locals, who had a sense of community and provided the fireworks show as a part of giving back. The new owners are out-of-staters without that sense of community and probably look at the show with a bottom-line view.

They were close to bankruptcy a couple years ago. Can't imagine it's looking very good these days either.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Who would have guessed that starting a thread about fireworks would get people to quit complaining about the SID and lack of news about the Griz football roster.

I talked to a couple people who moved here from California and they really applaud the cancellation of fireworks at the mall this year. Wildfire concerns their biggest factor.

They'd thought about getting season Griz FB tickets. They were super excited last fall when they experienced a couple games. But the lack of off-season information about transfers has dampened their enthusiasm for Griz FB. They now intend to spend their fall Saturday afternoons strolling through their new socially and environmentally woke local mall.

Mousegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Who would have guessed that starting a thread about fireworks would get people to quit complaining about the SID and lack of news about the Griz football roster.

I talked to a couple people who moved here from California and they really applaud the cancellation of fireworks at the mall this year. Wildfire concerns their biggest factor.

They'd thought about getting season Griz FB tickets. They were super excited last fall when they experienced a couple games. But the lack of off-season information about transfers has dampened their enthusiasm for Griz FB. They now intend to spend their fall Saturday afternoons strolling through their new socially and environmentally woke local mall.

We have the opposite issue here. I talked to a couple who moved here from Montana (they call it Montany), Russ and Tammy-Lynne, and they root for wildfires so they can shoot guns into them. I guess that's a thing. The husband dips Skoal wintergreen and the wife goes with Copenhagen snuff. The only things I've ever seen them eat are sirloin steak and macaroni salad. The only things I've ever seen them drink are Jack Daniels, Gatorade, and Jack Daniels. I was tossing the football around with a neighborhood kid, and ol' Russ comes out and says, "Toss that guy over this way!" I jokingly asked him to not misgender my football and his head exploded. Brains everywhere. RIP, Russ. Anyway, it's crazy that everyone from Montana is exactly like Russ and Tammy-Lynne.

...if something is more over-rated than fireworks...
...maybe someone could point it out to me...
...excluding the cats..that'ed be great...

... :shock: ...

Mousegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Well if they wouldn’t have built the mall in the middle of the woods, wildfires wouldn’t be a concern.

Boy, those fans flaked easy. All it took was some missing info that no one really know even exists? Next flakey outta-stater up.

zengriz said:

So you think celebrating our nation’s independence with fantastic explosions is overrated? Asking for a friend who hates freedom.

zengriz said:

Parades.

zengriz said:

Parades and the circus.

SaskGriz said:
zengriz said:

Parades and the circus.

...excellent...

... :agree: ...

SaskGriz said:
zengriz said:

Parades and the circus.

Whoa. If not for the circus, where the hell would our clown car act shows come from? :bad:

ilovethecats said:
SaskGriz said:
Parades and the circus.

Whoa. If not for the circus, where the hell would our clown car act shows come from? :bad:

So true. My local clown car act show venue is awesome. We usually go on Sunday afternoons after the golf coverage ends on TV. Something for the kids. Two more holes in my punch card, and we get a free trip there.

I didn't even know there was a Mall fireworks show. Get in jalopy and drive 167 miles NE on Montana 200(thats Great Falls for you carpetbaggin' newbies). Still a pretty good fireworks show on the banks of the Missouri. A couple of new hotels very close to the pyro launch site. You'll be right under the show. Don't bring your dogs. Worst night of the year for mine. Scares the hell out of them.

Back