• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No more Dorsey

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
I don’t think the coaching staff is as concerned about this as you guys seem to be. The occasional 3 was very nice and really helped especially in the BSC tourney. But I don’t think DD’s D met TDC’s standard, and my guess is they did not push him hard to pursue the 6th year. I’ve heard “mutual” a few times now

My UW hoops fan friends say that Dorsey didn't get more playing time at UW due to lack of defense.

Dorsey's playing time and efficiency sky-rocketed for the Griz as last season progressed. He finally "got it" half way through the year, and I find it hard to believe Travis didn't want him back. NCAA wins again.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
I don’t think the coaching staff is as concerned about this as you guys seem to be. The occasional 3 was very nice and really helped especially in the BSC tourney. But I don’t think DD’s D met TDC’s standard, and my guess is they did not push him hard to pursue the 6th year. I’ve heard “mutual” a few times now

My UW hoops fan friends say that Dorsey didn't get more playing time at UW due to lack of defense.

Dorsey's playing time and efficiency sky-rocketed for the Griz as last season progressed. He finally "got it" half way through the year, and I find it hard to believe Travis didn't want him back. NCAA wins again.

Dorsey wasn't a starter in the last 5 games of season. Averaged 14 minutes and 6 points per game in those 5 games. Averaged 6.2 for the season. Had 7 total rebounds in last 5 games. Hit 7-10 from 3 in those 5 games.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

Not sure how the NCAA wins again when Dorsey decided not to play a sixth year.

grizindabox said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

Not sure how the NCAA wins again when Dorsey decided not to play a sixth year.

Well you are right, nobody really wins here. Perhaps the "NCAA fails again" would be more apropos IF Dorsey did appeal and was denied. I've rarely been impressed with the arbitrary rulings by the NCAA in these matters. Is there confirmation that Dorsey did not pursue a 6th year? All I heard recently was that Dorsey has appealed the NCAA for another year. Are we sure that that did not happen? The coaches would have nothing to do with that decision.

Regardless of how it played out, the decision has been made. I wish the young man all the best in his future endeavors.

I am bummed, he wasn't honored at SR Night. I was really looking forward his returning for 1 more season. Then again, I'd be burned out with school, after 5 years of it. It would be difficult to be motivated for a 6th year of college. As for basketball, if he is healthy enough, he can play overseas. Maybe he can play some Pro Am, considering his cousin, Tyler Dorsey is in the NBA. I am sure he can play against high level competition moving forward.

Back