• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No Way JJ Can Be Convicted

Skookum-Jim said:
I wouldn't want to sit in front of a jury with the evidence I have read in that affidavit against JJ. I personally think it's probably a bit of a gray area. He obviously thinks she invited him over to have sex, it sounds like he already has a girlfriend and just went over there to bite a chunk off. She invited him over to dangle a little tail in his face to keep him chasing but didn't want to give it up right away. He didn't want to invest to much time and just took it because he could. It pissed her off, hurt her feelings and here we are.

This might be the most accurate account out there.

grizfan95 said:
Skookum-Jim said:
I wouldn't want to sit in front of a jury with the evidence I have read in that affidavit against JJ. I personally think it's probably a bit of a gray area. He obviously thinks she invited him over to have sex, it sounds like he already has a girlfriend and just went over there to bite a chunk off. She invited him over to dangle a little tail in his face to keep him chasing but didn't want to give it up right away. He didn't want to invest to much time and just took it because he could. It pissed her off, hurt her feelings and here we are.

This might be the most accurate account out there.

Nope, absolutely false. Didn't you read the Motion to Dismiss? 100% accurate, she's obviously lying. All the proof is with JJ, he'll be back on the field by next year.

/PR Post.

GRIZFAN20 said:
Today I had a chance to read the motion. While I am not a law major and tried to read it with an unbiased attitude, I too found the story lacking hard, credible evidence. The information I read makes one believe JJ is not the greatest person when it comes to treating a woman right, but makes it appear he didn't do anything illegal. Just like people shouldnt rush to say he's guilty, I do not want to say 100% innocent as well. I hope it turns out he isnt guilty, not for the sake of him playing football again, but that a young mans live isn't ruined forever.

I agree. The defense did their job by clarifying facts and giving their client's side of the story. However, I still didn't read anything in there that would constitute enough for a dismissal. There are more facts and evidence that need to come out and examination/cross-examination of witnesses. There wasn't anything in the motion that dispells that rape didn't happen. I still see this as a "he said, she said" type situation. Hopefully, evidence and testimony will bring out the truth of what happened.

I know a lot of people on here are rooting for JJ, but you have to remember that there is a young lady who felt she was victimized. Whether you belive her or not, I see it as crummy for people to dream up their own speculations of what happened or to blindly state that JJ has to be aquitted or justice is wrong. This case will continue in my opinion and I wish it to be a fair and speedy trial for JJ's sake.

HighLineGRIZ said:
GRIZFAN20 said:
Today I had a chance to read the motion. While I am not a law major and tried to read it with an unbiased attitude, I too found the story lacking hard, credible evidence. The information I read makes one believe JJ is not the greatest person when it comes to treating a woman right, but makes it appear he didn't do anything illegal. Just like people shouldnt rush to say he's guilty, I do not want to say 100% innocent as well. I hope it turns out he isnt guilty, not for the sake of him playing football again, but that a young mans live isn't ruined forever.

I agree. The defense did their job by clarifying facts and giving their client's side of the story. However, I still didn't read anything in there that would constitute enough for a dismissal. There are more facts and evidence that need to come out and examination/cross-examination of witnesses. There wasn't anything in the motion that dispells that rape didn't happen. I still see this as a "he said, she said" type situation. Hopefully, evidence and testimony will bring out the truth of what happened.

I know a lot of people on here are rooting for JJ, but you have to remember that there is a young lady who felt she was victimized. Whether you belive her or not, I see it as crummy for people to dream up their own speculations of what happened or to blindly state that JJ has to be aquitted or justice is wrong. This case will continue in my opinion and I wish it to be a fair and speedy trial for JJ's sake.

This is the problem with most people's mindset with the issue. Why is it with a rape case one is guilty until proven innocent? I've read the affidavit a number of times, understanding both sides will be exaggerated and biased, and even in that over-the-top accusation there is no hard evidence that PROVES rape. We have word of mouth from the victim and that is it. Even her roommates had nothing to supply to her case. The markings were nothing out of the ordinary for consensual sex. In 6 months the case they brought forth has very little to no substance besides 1 person's story. That's not going to be anywhere near enough to send a young life to prison and change it forever. Without federal pressure, a competent judge would dismiss this until substantial, tangible evidence was provided.

Sorry to burst your bubbles but in Montana in cases such as domestic abuse you ARE assumed guilty until proven inocent. There will be alot more burden on JJ to prove he is inocent than for her to prove he is guilty. right now its still a he said she said.

Since there are so many lawyers that are on here, here is a question for you. If found guilty, would he be punished the same as a man who grabs a women by the hair and rapes her in the alley leaving her by a dumpster? How about a popped collar doucher who roofies someone in a bar and rapes them while they are asleep?

Highly unlikely. Sentencing is left up to the discretion of the judge. I think the allegation alone will haunt JJ in this age of internet searches, regardless of whether he is acquitted or not.

crackgina said:
Highly unlikely. Sentencing is left up to the discretion of the judge. I think the allegation alone will haunt JJ in this age of internet searches, regardless of whether he is acquitted or not.
i agree. in a case like this where it's primarily a he said-she said deal with her having some signs of being raped, but not a preponderance of hard evidence, this will hang over j.j. for a long time, especially around missoula and to some extent in montana and the portland area. he will also have people around missoula that will go to bat for him and assist him with his career, but it seems the negative would out weigh the positive.

Skookum-Jim said:

I wouldn't want to be the prosecutor trying to win a case with facts like this.

PTGrizzly said:
Did they really have to include the part that said JJ only lasted a couple of minutes? I'm sure he didn't want that info out there.
not in this context, but it will probably be discussed at trial.

Myth: Raping a woman is a sign of how masculine a man is and of how sexually potent he is.
Fact: Studies have shown that many (58%) rapists suffer from sexual dysfunctions such as impotence and premature ejaculation.
http://www.norwichrapecrisis.co.uk/mythsfacts.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PlayerRep said:
Skookum-Jim said:

Probably not, when one puts maroon colored glasses over rose colored glasses, you can't see anything. FWIW I listened to my wife and too adult daughters screaming at the TV last night - specifically at Pabst. I would hate to try to win a cases when my defense boiled down to "he's innocent because he didn't know he was raping her." As all three gave thier "opinion", I would guess Skookum-Jim prolly has it right, with the addition he took it because he could, and INDEED would be surprised to find out he couldn't.

PlayerRep said:
Skookum-Jim said:

i wouldn't want to be the ass-clown who reads "facts" into a statement full of conjecture.

granitegriz said:
+1...I will shave AG1's head if there is a conviction of any kind. :shock:
As a last note, Mr. Bienmann's (sp) testimony is enough for reasonable doubt...
that testimony will be fairly easy to counter.
Myth: She really wanted to have sex so it was ok to get rough.
Fact: We all have the right to say NO, to change our minds, or decide not to have sex.
http://www.norwichrapecrisis.co.uk/mythsfacts.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even a semi intelligent Cat fan would have to agree that charges never should have been filed. I would hate to be the State's attorney in this case....

getgrizzy said:
Myth: Raping a woman is a sign of how masculine a man is and of how sexually potent he is.
Fact: Studies have shown that many (58%) rapists suffer from sexual dysfunctions such as impotence and premature ejaculation.

That is a myth, you dont have to be "masculine" to physically overpower a women, they are the weaker sex and that is fact. The weakest guy out there is still as strong as any chick.....probably more athletic too, have you watched them play basketball, beach volleyball or any track event during the Olympics?

:shock:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
getgrizzy said:

That is a myth, you dont have to be "masculine" to physically overpower a women, they are the weaker sex and that is fact. The weakest guy out there is still as strong as any chick.....probably more athletic too, have you watched them play basketball, beach volleyball or any track event during the Olympics?

you can't read.

*dumb emoticon*

argh! said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
getgrizzy said:

you can't read.

*dumb emoticon*

Sorry for the typo.......should have read "any man out there other than ARGH is still as strong as any chick." Thanks for the correction

MTOutsider said:
Sorry to burst your bubbles but in Montana in cases such as domestic abuse you ARE assumed guilty until proven inocent. There will be alot more burden on JJ to prove he is inocent than for her to prove he is guilty. right now its still a he said she said.

Uh no.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
getgrizzy said:

I'm researching that very question realative to beach volleyball, but I do think it will take some time to reach a conclusion.

tnt said:
dupuyer griz said:
Can anyone put some of that thing up here or put it up in a different format, I can't get my computer to open the darn thing.
Open a google docs account:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/missoulian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/f5/cf57f39a-e18a-11e1-b7cd-001a4bcf887a/5022b6c6459cf.pdf.pdf&chrome=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks this works great even on my tablet

Back