• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

O line update

IntuitiveGriz said:
How did UM go from the greats like JD Quinn and guys of his ilk, to the soft, pasty looking mama boys of recent OL seasons!?!? This really infuriates me.
I am sure that if you ran into AJ Forbes or Hunter Mayginnes or any of these guys would call them "soft, pasty looking mama boys" to their faces.

The OL is a huge question mark for experience and depth. I don’t think the summer is going to gain us some impact summer transfer in all likelihood. I think they struck out hard on that front so better hope for huge summer improvement from the young guys.

Maybe we can strike it rich, with a walk on OL. Ever heard of Bullsworth from Arkansas? If not, search for him. Terrific movie about him also.

Highly unlikely any transfers show up next month. Having the transfer from Nebraska is huge. We can make it work with the front five we have. Just cross your fingers they all stay healthy.

hubcap said:
Highly unlikely any transfers show up next month. Having the transfer from Nebraska is huge. We can make it work with the front five we have. Just cross your fingers they all stay healthy.

Yeah agreed Walker from Nebraska is interesting. He looks the part, he’s a mountain of a man at 6’6” 300 that looks like no fat. The thing is he started as OL at Neb. But has played DT last few years so no idea if he’s a project or not.

hubcap said:

Yes. Hope is a terrific strategy. Works every time.

AZGrizFan said:
hubcap said:

Yes. Hope is a terrific strategy. Works every time.

:clap: :lol:

Who needs DOLA when you have HOPELA?

So, I've read a lot on here in the past few months about the OL coaching. I don't mean to retread things, but seriously, how many years in a row do we have to keep saying the OL is a "big question mark", etc. before something changes? I can't even remember the last time the consensus in the offseason was that we would be solid at OL. What the F is the deal?

dayday said:
hubcap said:

Yeah agreed Walker from Nebraska is interesting. He looks the part, he’s a mountain of a man at 6’6” 300 that looks like no fat. The thing is he started as OL at Neb. But has played DT last few years so no idea if he’s a project or not.
I see him neither on the committed list nor the roster. What's the story with him?

kemajic said:
dayday said:
I see him neither on the committed list nor the roster. What's the story with him?

Well Griz aren’t updating either of those so not surprising. The only confirmation I have is his instagram photos. He was in the recent 4th of July lifting session photo with the lineman that Forbes posted which makes seems like he is on the team and working out. I believe only has a year of eligibility left. He played OL then switched to DL at Nebraska. Came in as a walk-on. Don’t know much more than that.

I feel good about the OL, or at least better than I have for a long time, maybe since the last time The Griz won the BSC.
Two starters returning, two others with good experience, 3 FBS’ers. TE has the best hands in the league, and we know the RB position will be better.
Casey—Mayginnes—Forbes—and Walker will all be really good. Need one or two more to step up. Very doable. Walker looks like Ser Gregor The Mountain.

garizzalies said:
I feel good about the OL, or at least better than I have for a long time, maybe since the last time The Griz won the BSC.
Two starters returning, two others with good experience, 3 FBS’ers. TE has the best hands in the league, and we know the RB position will be better.
Casey—Mayginnes—Forbes—and Walker will all be really good. Need one or two more to step up. Very doable. Walker looks like Ser Gregor The Mountain.

Well, actually assuming you’re correct you need about 5 more to step up because those guys can’t play 75 snaps a game. And you’d better pray (and hope) they all stay healthy.

garizzalies said:

I was beginning to think I was the only one on eGriz that felt this way. I think there’s definitely a few of the newer guys that can make that leap also, despite Germer’s reputation of not developing players very well. I’m not exactly sure this is 100% true. Case in point is Dylan Cook. This is also the 1st year we’re really gonna get to see Haucks recruits get a chance to step up. We just graduated 3 long time starters. I know potential is a dangerous word but I really do like the potential of atleast 3-4 of the younger guys.

dayday said:
hubcap said:

Are you referring to: https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/chris-walker/42900

WyomingGrizFan said:
dayday said:
Are you referring to: https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/chris-walker/42900
He will require a special chin strap.

kemajic said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
How did UM go from the greats like JD Quinn and guys of his ilk, to the soft, pasty looking mama boys of recent OL seasons!?!? This really infuriates me.
The J.D. Quinn's become available to FCS schools once in a lifetime.

:thumb:

UncleRico said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I am sure that if you ran into AJ Forbes or Hunter Mayginnes or any of these guys would call them "soft, pasty looking mama boys" to their faces.

Why so sensitive, Sally?

Sure there's a few tough guys on the OL (like the 2 you pointed out), but there are a lot guys that you didn't point out that leave 26,000 and a TV audience scratching their heads as to why some of the OL are even in the stadium, little a lone on the field (getting their butt kicked).

IntuitiveGriz said:
UncleRico said:

Why so sensitive, Sally?

Sure there's a few tough guys on the OL (like the 2 you pointed out), but there are a lot guys that you didn't point out that leave 26,000 and a TV audience scratching their heads as to why some of the OL are even in the stadium, little a lone on the field (getting their butt kicked).
Why such an ignorant prick when talking about college kids? Yep 6'5 300 lbs athletic lineman grow on trees. You know what does grow on trees? The 26,000 in the crowd and the ones on tv that scratch their heads.

UncleRico said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Why so sensitive, Sally?

Why such an ignorant prick when talking about college kids? Yep 6'5 300 lbs athletic lineman grow on trees.
What this dude said. AAAAA++

Back