• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"O Line" Wisdom

Sorry was this meant to be an answer. You constantly post that nobody wants to talk football on here. My question is legit. "Yawn" is not a legit answer. Please explain our success without a solid o-line.
Again, that goes against his agenda so he’s not equipped to answer that question.

Look, stop spinning the obvious. Our O-line has been a problem since Bobby came back. Most understand that. Some try to spin it. Your post is laughable. Every team has injuries. So, you are saying that we have no depth in the O-line, and that if one player gets injured, we are doomed? Priceless!
FWIW, I'll watch a problematic offensive line from my seat in Toyota Stadium in early January each and every year.

Again, that goes against his agenda so he’s not equipped to answer that question.
Luck. We had the HUGE advantage of buying all three home playoff games. You won't admit it, but we were lucky to win both the Furman and the NSDU games. Furthermore, if we had played either game away, both would have been losses. Hauck's away playoff record is 2-9. He lives by the HUGE home field advantage he enjoys almost every season. You won't admit it, I get that. But those of us who are honest, understand it.

Our 2024 is so freakin' easy that Bobby will coast to another 3 home playoff games, after which he will live-up to his "big game Bob" moniker and lose big once again when he has to play on a neutral field. It gets old, but obviously it is good enough for you and your buddies. Hauck is a below-average FCS head coach. Nothing more. Let me ask you an honest question....... if Bobby is so good a coach, would he be successful as the head coach at Idaho State, or Northern Colorado, or Portland State?

Sorry was this meant to be an answer. You constantly post that nobody wants to talk football on here. My question is legit. "Yawn" is not a legit answer. Please explain our success without a solid o-line.
"Success"? Is two consecutive 4th and 5th place Big Sky finishes your definition of success? My definition is winning a National Championship.

Luck. We had the HUGE advantage of buying all three home playoff games. You won't admit it, but we were lucky to win both the Furman and the NSDU games. Furthermore, if we had played either game away, both would have been losses. Hauck's away playoff record is 2-9. He lives by the HUGE home field advantage he enjoys almost every season. You won't admit it, I get that. But those of us who are honest, understand it.

Our 2024 is so freakin' easy that Bobby will coast to another 3 home playoff games, after which he will live-up to his "big game Bob" moniker and lose big once again when he has to play on a neutral field. It gets old, but obviously it is good enough for you and your buddies. Hauck is a below-average FCS head coach. Nothing more. Let me ask you an honest question....... if Bobby is so good a coach, would he be successful as the head coach at Idaho State, or Northern Colorado, or Portland State?
Wait, so you don't have any evidence to back up that our o-line was sub par? You just "know" that if we had played NDSU and Furman on the road we would have lost? This isn't a football discussion, it's just "like your opinion, dude". Nice work, I guess.

I love it. Getting to the national championship isn't good enough anymore. Playing all the greatest growler hits. lmao

Luck. We had the HUGE advantage of buying all three home playoff games.
Genuine question, and I'm honestly curious on your reasoning. We don't need to bicker about our thoughts on Bobby. I would genuinely like your explanation on how we bought all three playoff games? I don't understand your point. Could you explain that process to me, as you understand it?

We won the big sky conference and knocked off ranked team after ranked team. I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from about those being home games we somehow bought, but I'm willing to listen if you sincerely want to explain that.

Wait, so you don't have any evidence to back up that our o-line was sub par? You just "know" that if we had played NDSU and Furman on the road we would have lost? This isn't a football discussion, it's just "like your opinion, dude". Nice work, I guess.
Umm, obviously his opinion is fact and we’re all idiots. Idiots that enjoy watching one of the best teams in the country year in and year out. It’s unfortunate that we’re not as upset as him that we don’t win nattys every single year. Maybe if we fired the winningest coach in conference history and hired some other coach that had also never won a natty on a hope and a prayer that he might win a natty, then just maybe he might be happy.

Lol. What a dipshit. You don’t BUY playoff games when you’re a 2 seed. The higher seed hosts.

Look, stop spinning the obvious. Our O-line has been a problem since Bobby came back. Most understand that. Some try to spin it. Your post is laughable. Every team has injuries. So, you are saying that we have no depth in the O-line, and that if one player gets injured, we are doomed? Priceless!
Man, I think we keep missing on me responding to what you said. You said we haven't had a "solid" offensive line. I mean, we have had some great results in the rushing game. I don't dispute you, or other people like Griz Addict, that have said we have been weaker in pass protection. I'm not even qualified to judge the technical problems associated with that, nor are 95% of the posters here.

My point was that you said we have not had a "solid" offensive line. I'm not trying to nitpick, I'm responding to your statements. I'm not saying we have had the best or deepest offensive line, but it is hard for me to square our results with not even having a "solid" offensive line. I mean, if we won the Big Sky Championship, ran over the vaunted MSU d line, and made the National Championship, what do you give credit to? I know you think our offensive line has sucked, and I know you think Bobby Hauck is not really a good football coach or program leader, so what do you attribute the Griz success to? What is the reason we got to the national championship last year when 126 other teams didn't? It isn't like they just flip coins to see who wins games.

I'm trying! Lol. If he doesn't want to, I I'll leave it alone. But man, genuinely trying...

18803312564_d95fe66b36_o.jpg

Oh he
Damn.... Good point.

Petty part of me wants to point out your love of troll hunting, but man, that is a valid point. I'll see if he responds, and if not, I'll just quit trying. Probably. ;)
Oh, he’ll respond and then I’ll want to go troll hunting again😂. Only thing is I don’t think he’s trolling. I think he honestly, to his very core, hates Bobby.

Genuine question, and I'm honestly curious on your reasoning. We don't need to bicker about our thoughts on Bobby. I would genuinely like your explanation on how we bought all three playoff games? I don't understand your point. Could you explain that process to me, as you understand it?

We won the big sky conference and knocked off ranked team after ranked team. I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from about those being home games we somehow bought, but I'm willing to listen if you sincerely want to explain that.
Getting a no. 2 seed can't be bought. What a dumb statement by 3d.

Man, I think we keep missing on me responding to what you said. You said we haven't had a "solid" offensive line. I mean, we have had some great results in the rushing game. I don't dispute you, or other people like Griz Addict, that have said we have been weaker in pass protection. I'm not even qualified to judge the technical problems associated with that, nor are 95% of the posters here.

My point was that you said we have not had a "solid" offensive line. I'm not trying to nitpick, I'm responding to your statements. I'm not saying we have had the best or deepest offensive line, but it is hard for me to square our results with not even having a "solid" offensive line. I mean, if we won the Big Sky Championship, ran over the vaunted MSU d line, and made the National Championship, what do you give credit to? I know you think our offensive line has sucked, and I know you think Bobby Hauck is not really a good football coach or program leader, so what do you attribute the Griz success to? What is the reason we got to the national championship last year when 126 other teams didn't? It isn't like they just flip coins to see who wins games.
Like he says, he never knew much about football and he's forgotten all of it.

Hauck's away playoff record is 2-9.
Could you show me other fcs coaches with winning records on away playoff games? The away team is the underdog, aand think the stats are WILDLY in favor for home teams in the FCS playoffs. If you know any current coaches that have really strong records in away games in FCS playoffs, I'm here for it.

But road playoff games, by definition, mean you are not favored to win in the first place.
He lives by the HUGE home field advantage he enjoys almost every season.

Which is awesome. Thanks Washington Griz Stadium. Other coaches haven't had the same success there, though, right?
Hauck is a below-average FCS head coach.
He isn't perfect. He isnt Nick Saban or Bill Walsh. Sure. But come on... his accolades and records are not that of a below average coach, and he has been more successful at Montana than any coaches that were here between his stints. "Below average FCS coach?" Bruh.... I am being reasonable, that is just not true. 128 FCS coaches, and you would take 60 ahead of him?!

Nothing more. Let me ask you an honest question....... if Bobby is so good a coach, would he be successful as the head coach at Idaho State, or Northern Colorado, or Portland State?
Nah, of course not. Just like any other coach would not be as successful at a school with less resources, culture, and name brand.

But that isn't really the fair question, right? The fair question is whether other coaches would have the same success for the Griz? We can all have opinions, you are welcome to yours, but the history of the last 20 plus years is that other coaches haven't had equal success with this program as Bobby Hauck has.

Latest posts

Back