• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Obscure Griz BBall Player Thread

Dave died along with another former Griz BB player in a plane crash while shooting gophers from a low-flying plane near Big Sandy
The other player was Kirk Johnson. I believe he played baseball at UM too. Surprised you wouldn't remember his name, as you were at UM at the same time.

Tim Knight
I lived on the same floor in Jesse Hall. Nice guy. Some of us watched Super Bowl XIV (Steelers-Rams) in his room. I was, and still am, a Rams fan. That was a heartbreaker. Almost a huge upset until Bradshaw made magic in the 4th quarter. I’m not 100% on this but I think Craig Larsen was his roommate.

John Reckard.

One of my favorite players to watch in the late 80's. Had an understated but very solid UM career.

I just happened upon this but this was the 87-88 Mens Media Guide when trying to remember where Reckard was from.

1987-88 Media Guide

Stew Morrill's expression on page 2 (team poster) leads to so many other potential questions to ask. Is he smiling? Did he see a ghost? Could have he possibly been holding in a fart? I dunno. But I love it.

Back