• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Official GRIZ/Poly GAMEDAY Thread

Announcer on Eastwood TD run "Theres nothing more satisfying than watching that crack open up"
Is he talking about football.. or something else? :shock:

Even their homer announcers are calling out the holding. Hahaha.... too bad none of the officials can see the blatant holding.

signedbewildered said:
I'm guilty. I didn't think the O line would show this much improvement by this point in the season. With that said, you can see Eastwood improving game by game. Instead of just lowering his head and diving he is using is eyes and being patient.

Yeah, but if it wasn't for him running that 68-yarder, he would've had fewer yards.

Sandry is either getting held on the edge each play or absolutely dominated. He can’t get off the block there to save his life.....all game long. Surprising because I always thought he was a pretty physical kid but he’s not showing that on these pitches.

HookedonGriz said:
Sandry is either getting held on the edge each play or absolutely dominated. He can’t get off the block there to save his life.....all game long. Surprising because I always thought he was a pretty physical kid but he’s not showing that on these pitches.

Even so, he is setting the edge and forcing the QB inside, just no one there to clean up.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Would someone please explain to me what is a hold and what is not a hold?

I definitely think there is holding on the perimeter every play. With that said, what would we prefer, too many whistles, or letting some things go? Like it or not, the officials are at least consistent this season in not calling holds.

Poly’s receivers are, without doubt, the best group of “holders” in the conference.

Dante is just incredible.

Fahque said:
UMcheer2000 said:
D line needs to do better shedding blockers

But that’s how the option works. It just rolls downhill

Exactly. It's almost impossible to stop the option. It's so beautiful and simple, watch Army run the option. They almost beat Oklahoma with it last week.

grizindabox said:
HookedonGriz said:

Even so, he is setting the edge and forcing the QB inside, just no one there to clean up.
[/

Not so much on the QB runs but on the QB pitches to the outside. Maybe that’s still his job there each time

Back