• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Only Griz fall camp

I caught a little over an hour of practice today here are some general observations:

- if anyone was worried about Sneed or his arm bothering him, don’t be. That dude was dropping dimes and throwing lasers today. He dropped a long TD pass to Toure that was absolutely perfection. It looks like he didn’t miss a beat.

- we have a true freshman in Corbin Walker making a name for himself at corner. He started with the ones today opposite of Nash. Not sure if Calhoun was hurt or if Walker is just that good. I know Walker had a pick six recently and Hauck has been saying he looks game ready as a true freshman. Kid looks the part.

- Toure - wow that kid is back. He looks way better than last season and even beyond the awesome skill sets he showed as a freshman. Good luck to anyone trying to account for Sammy, Toure, Sulser, JLM, flowers and Roberts. We have a couple of young stud receivers in the wings as well in Jesse Owens and Keelan White too

- Drew Turner - he’s big, runs hard, and is fast. I think he’s going to get way more touches than we realize. He also seems to be a good blocker for QB protection which I know is huge for Coach green

- O Line seems to be giving the quarterbacks much more time to throw. I did not see Sirmon out there at Center I’m hoping he is just fine. He’s up to 290 now and with his smarts and athleticism some folks feel he could be an all-conference type center

- Cole Grossman is going to be a special player. I think will see plenty of that this year but watch out for that kids future. Going to be a great one

ilovethecats said:
Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1161435078028742656?s=20

Defense looks tough. :coffee:

If you look at the numbers of those players, they are all literally 2nd and third team players in that shot outside of flowers. Just a little tid bit you might not know or don’t care to know :coffee:

I’ll echo Hooked, I was there for maybe 25-30 min and Sneed was on fire. Toure has two deep scores in a team drill. Some younger corners making plays in 1 on 1 drills. And the freshman QB from Bozeman, Brown, is adapting quickly. Graves looking better throwing the ball this week as well. Offense seems to be clicking.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
ilovethecats said:
Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1161435078028742656?s=20

Defense looks tough. :coffee:

If you look at the numbers of those players, they are all literally 2nd and third team players in that shot outside of flowers. Just a little tid bit you might not know or don’t care to know :coffee:

Nah just slinging a little shit. All in fun. Just excited for some actual football

HookedonGriz said:
I caught a little over an hour of practice today here are some general observations:

- if anyone was worried about Sneed or his arm bothering him, don’t be. That dude was dropping dimes and throwing lasers today. He dropped a long TD pass to Toure that was absolutely perfection. It looks like he didn’t miss a beat.

- we have a true freshman in Corbin Walker making a name for himself at corner. He started with the ones today opposite of Nash. Not sure if Calhoun was hurt or if Walker is just that good. I know Walker had a pick six recently and Hauck has been saying he looks game ready as a true freshman. Kid looks the part.

- Toure - wow that kid is back. He looks way better than last season and even beyond the awesome skill sets he showed as a freshman. Good luck to anyone trying to account for Sammy, Toure, Sulser, JLM, flowers and Roberts. We have a couple of young stud receivers in the wings as well in Jesse Owens and Keelan White too

- Drew Turner - he’s big, runs hard, and is fast. I think he’s going to get way more touches than we realize. He also seems to be a good blocker for QB protection which I know is huge for Coach green

- O Line seems to be giving the quarterbacks much more time to throw. I did not see Sirmon out there at Center I’m hoping he is just fine. He’s up to 290 now and with his smarts and athleticism some folks feel he could be an all-conference type center

- Cole Grossman is going to be a special player. I think will see plenty of that this year but watch out for that kids future. Going to be a great one

Here is just one of those dimes I was talking about

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1161784166389673984

argh! said:
Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1161433402429493248?s=20

glad to hear they included age-appropriate old man music for egriz! what's up next, the 1950's?

and no, that is not a request for the terrible, repetitive rap sometimes played during small-time sports highlights. nor old man rock. maybe just show the actual play, at the actual speed - if it is truly interesting.

Not everything can be set to a Dinosaur Jr. guitar solo. These vids are cool. Find a new slant.

I've heard from a couple people Toure seems to be on a mission. This could be something with him and Sammy.

HookedonGriz said:
Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1161808711897059328?s=20

He’s going to be a special player for the Griz. He’s getting a lot of attention.

Kris Brown throws a beautiful ball, he looks very impressive for a freshman also!!

1972 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Yukon said:

He’s going to be a special player for the Griz. He’s getting a lot of attention.

Kris Brown throws a beautiful ball, he looks very impressive for a freshman also!!

Brown has a smooth motion and makes it look effortless.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Has anyone seen any of our defensive transfers? Are they making an impact?

It’s so hard to tell when they are just in shells. I’ve seen our JUCO linebacker transfer Vaohea make some good plays. The San Jose State transfer from last season Hemphill is definitely opening some eyes. Babros and Vinyard look the part. Our corners are talented and will definitely hold their own and provide depth

mtgrizrule said:
1972 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Yukon said:

Brown has a smooth motion and makes it look effortless.

He's got that "snap" motion and doesn't have to wind it up to sling it down the field...thing of beauty!

HookedonGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Has anyone seen any of our defensive transfers? Are they making an impact?

It’s so hard to tell when they are just in shells. I’ve seen our JUCO linebacker transfer Vaohea make some good plays. The San Jose State transfer from last season Hemphill is definitely opening some eyes. Babros and Vinyard look the part. Our corners are talented and will definitely hold their own and provide depth

:thumb: thanks

Back