• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Playoffs, May 8

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
LOL, the 51-0 blowout that sent us to the semis with Appy in 2009. That SFAU QB was Jeremy Moses, 22/35/4 for 204 yards. His replacement threw another pick.

Egriz Chris is the one who starting buying shots for Moses. Moses threw picks in his first two possessions I'm the game. The team had a tradition of going out 2 days before games. Before the team left Reds, they got together and chanted: "We're not that drunk. We're not that drunk." That chant was apparently a tradition too. The captains were trying to hustle out guys, so they could meet their coach-imposed curfew. They were having a hard time, because lots of local women had shown up and the guys were chatting. I heard that Moses and maybe another player or two, sneaked back to Stocks after curfew. Don't know if that was true. The team was staying at the downtown holiday inn.

How did their jocks smell?

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Three times, actually. I got Tony Romo super wasted one year.

It probably doesn’t count, but I smoked crack with Carson Wentz two hours before the 2015 kickoff game.

No surprise there. Wantz was known to be a hopeless addict in his hometown of Minot.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Yukon said:
I want the wabbits, but I think SHSU might be next champ.
Maybe, but if JMU had played more consistently today, I don't think SHSU would have won. I'll take SDSU. 😉
Watched, mostly as a highlight video, the JMU-SHSU game recording last night. Knowing the result made it easier to sort of stand back from the action. I saw something that I never expected to see from a Sam Houston team ... an actual, stout defense. Sure, they gave up 35 points, but four of those TDs were in Q2 when JMU got hot. But the Bearcats made halftime adjustments and held JMU to just 11 points in the second half. And, overall, including their hot streak, JMU averaged just 3.2 yards per running play.

Having watched the various games, I thought South Dakota SU was a big favorite. Not so sure now. If both defenses buckle up and play their best, I'd expect a close, close game where breaks and/or minor lapses could determine the outcome. In that case, advantage Sam Houston ... because this will be essentially a home game for them. And lets not overlook Coach KC Keeler (SHSU), who has a ton of experience in FCS playoff games, and won a Nattie with Delaware (2003).

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
LOL, the 51-0 blowout that sent us to the semis with Appy in 2009. That SFAU QB was Jeremy Moses, 22/35/4 for 204 yards. His replacement threw another pick.

Egriz Chris is the one who starting buying shots for Moses. Moses threw picks in his first two possessions I'm the game. The team had a tradition of going out 2 days before games. Before the team left Reds, they got together and chanted: "We're not that drunk. We're not that drunk." That chant was apparently a tradition too. The captains were trying to hustle out guys, so they could meet their coach-imposed curfew. They were having a hard time, because lots of local women had shown up and the guys were chatting. I heard that Moses and maybe another player or two, sneaked back to Stocks after curfew. Don't know if that was true. The team was staying at the downtown holiday inn.

"chatting" :lol:

Back