• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Ugly

NorthwestFresh said:
PlayerRep said:
DrainBramage said:
this game reminded me of the '09 SDSU playoff game, but in reverse. The tenacity of the team won the first half, but the quality of the players took over in the end. Both games ended in a snowballing of the score.

I said the same thing. Now we know how SDS felt.

Other than being a good football team, exactly the same thing.

Not to be a nit-picker but didn't we put up 48 against them in a quarter and half ?

It seems a lot of people are now buying into Montana not being a good football team. Does anyone honestly believe we shouldn't be at least 6-2? You can't win games and turn the ball over 4 times a game. Each time you turn the ball over it is a potential 14 point swing. I say you get rid of the turnovers and you have a good Griz football team not a bad one. Look at everyone of the losses and start counting the fumbles and interceptions and blocked punts. Montana doesn't have a bad team problem it has a turn the ball over problem.

IdahoGrizFan said:
It seems a lot of people are now buying into Montana not being a good football team. Does anyone honestly believe we shouldn't be at least 6-2? You can't win games and turn the ball over 4 times a game. Each time you turn the ball over it is a potential 14 point swing. I say you get rid of the turnovers and you have a good Griz football team not a bad one. Look at everyone of the losses and start counting the fumbles and interceptions and blocked punts. Montana doesn't have a bad team problem it has a turn the ball over problem.

quite a few posters all but guaranteed the griz were going to win the turnover battles with hauck as head coach, but they probably didn't realize that the cupboards were as barren as major major's russian bride. i'm guessing that when it became obvious he was going to need some time before he would be able to have his own bulls hit the field, bobby decided to use turnovers as a ruse this year - i.e., have the team give the other team the ball multiple times during games this year, so they'll expect it in the future and not know what to do when it doesn't happen. the best thing is, only bobby knows which year is really the year he will be able to have his own bulls hit the ground running, and that is the year he'll pull the ol' switcheroo, and have them stop turning the ball over. genius coaching, really.

argh! said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

quite a few posters all but guaranteed the griz were going to win the turnover battles with hauck as head coach, but they probably didn't realize that the cupboards were as barren as major major's russian bride. i'm guessing that when it became obvious he was going to need some time before he would be able to have his own bulls hit the field, bobby decided to use turnovers as a ruse this year - i.e., have the team give the other team the ball multiple times during games this year, so they'll expect it in the future and not know what to do when it doesn't happen. the best thing is, only bobby knows which year is really the year he will be able to have his own bulls hit the ground running, and that is the year he'll pull the ol' switcheroo, and have them stop turning the ball over. genius coaching, really.

That will be the same year the Democrats stop blaming Bush for the bad economy and stop taking credit from Trump for the good economy.

argh! said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

A lot of posters don't realize that this staff didn't turn the ball over. All of these turnovers are not on the staff; there is nothing they can do. With other staffs, sure, we could blame turnovers and lack of discipline on the staff. But, Bobby and Co. don't fumble footballs or throw picks. That's on the players. You can have the best gameplan in the world, but if the players don't execute it, it's gonna be a long Saturday. That has nothing to do with coaching. I, for one, am hopeful that Bobby will get us back to where we need to be. People forget that Bobby doesn't get to enjoy the luxury of having a returning All-American QB this year. That's gone unnoticed.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

A lot of posters don't realize that this staff didn't turn the ball over. All of these turnovers are not on the staff; there is nothing they can do. With other staffs, sure, we could blame turnovers and lack of discipline on the staff. But, Bobby and Co. don't fumble footballs or throw picks. That's on the players. You can have the best gameplan in the world, but if the players don't execute it, it's gonna be a long Saturday. That has nothing to do with coaching. I, for one, am hopeful that Bobby will get us back to where we need to be. People forget that Bobby doesn't get to enjoy the luxury of having a returning All-American QB this year. That's gone unnoticed.
With Stitt and other coaches...it was the coaches fault. With Hauck its the players fault?

This is football, not religion.

DrainBramage said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

With Stitt and other coaches...it was the coaches fault. With Hauck its the players fault?

no, ignore that other guy. they are doing it on purpose.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

everything you wrote is nonsense, except for the last couple lines.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

everything you wrote is nonsense, except for the last couple lines.

I disagree. I think Bobby and Co. are not to blame for the turnovers and are doing an absolutely fantastic job with what Stitt left them. We've already seen some great improvements in the team, and I expect more will become evident as the season goes on.

IdahoGrizFan said:

With this logic David Duval is still one of the best golfers in the world. When he does get the opportunity to play he's pretty damn good! As long as you don't count the couple he hit OB or the ones he dumps in the water. Take those 3 or 4 bad swings away and he shoots 68 instead of 78.

CDAGRIZ said:
I think Bobby and Co. are not to blame for the turnovers and are doing an absolutely fantastic job with what Stitt left them. We've already seen some great improvements in the team, and I expect more will become evident as the season goes on.

Agreed. The win/loss record may be suffering a little, but the trajectory is strong.

looks like a dirty play to me.

https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1057024878514135042

b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

With this logic David Duval is still one of the best golfers in the world. When he does get the opportunity to play he's pretty damn good! As long as you don't count the couple he hit OB or the ones he dumps in the water. Take those 3 or 4 bad swings away and he shoots 68 instead of 78.

What are you talking about? Reducing errors increase your ability to win? Then yes I agree.

yeah, the griz never did anything dirty in that game, like trying to injure guys after plays and whatnot.

IdahoGrizFan said:
b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

What are you talking about? Reducing errors increase your ability to win? Then yes I agree.

It appears that you are saying this is a good football team if they don’t turn the ball over. Well good teams don’t turn the ball over the way this team has. Good golfers don’t burn 8 strokes a round with penalty shots. Doesn’t matter How good you are at everything else if you do what the Griz have been doing your simply not any good.

b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

It appears that you are saying this is a good football team if they don’t turn the ball over. Well good teams don’t turn the ball over the way this team has. Good golfers don’t burn 8 strokes a round with penalty shots. Doesn’t matter How good you are at everything else if you do what the Griz have been doing your simply not any good.

Hold up. I know this guy who is a tremendous golfer, probably could turn pro, but he jacks 3 per round into the rooflines. Are you saying he's not a good golfer just because he happens to hit it into swimming pools every now and then? I call BS. Back in the day, he got kicked out of college for night putting. Just putting, at night, with the age-appropriate daughter of the Dean. Do you happen to know who that guy is?

CDAGRIZ said:
b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
b_f_c_99 said:

Hold up. I know this guy who is a tremendous golfer, probably could turn pro, but he jacks 3 per round into the rooflines. Are you saying he's not a good golfer just because he happens to hit it into swimming pools every now and then? I call BS. Back in the day, he got kicked out of college for night putting. Just putting, at night, with the age-appropriate daughter of the Dean. Do you know who that guy was?

Mitch Cumstein

Latest posts

Back