• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Weird stuff once again at the Holt Arena

BWahlberg said:
kemajic said:
Holt is an indoor facility, but it is hardly a dome. NAU has a dome.

It's a Quonset Hut!

A1B3851B-0505-BB4C-45BDCBC12A4F947B.jpg

Exactly what I thought of when we pulled up to it yesterday. :lol:

Griz til I die said:
24GRIZ said:
I have not been to Holt arena. However from broadcasts it appears the ceiling is dark. I would think locating the ball might take a bit to get used to. This would only impact some plays. I think the Griz had a let down game and learned some things. When this season is over, we might look back to this ugly win as the catalyst for whatever success occurs.
Yesterday was my first time at Holt, and I thought it was terrible. As you walk in through the concourse and into the stadium, it felt like you were walking into a really old Basketball gym, it kind of reminded me of the Brick in Blowsman. Plus me and family who were all at the game commented multiple times about how dark and dreary it was. I can see why ISU struggles to recruit, cause I wouldn’t wanna play there. They could greatly benefit from a new stadium, even though it’ll probably never happen. Now none of this is an excuse for the poor performance yesterday, but the sights and vantage points were definitely weird IMO.
Exactly, the dome did not fumble or miss throws however it flat sucked being in that building. Basement not a dome. The lighting is not from above but almost from the corners of the end zones. The ceiling is also very dark and with the metal structures, scoreboard, for BB games and banners it would take time to get use too. Not making an excuse for how we played at times but to say It would not have an effect would be like saying wind, rain or snow or cold temps would not either. An improvement would be to at least put a coat of white paint on the ceiling. Looks like they are making some good improvements. Basically there is not much in the way of ADA requirements but think that will be some of the issues to address with the remodel. Watching the replay now and from the camera it looks way different then live in person. Oh well we are spoiled with WGS

Back