• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Projected Starting 5

Griz til I die

DONOR
With the portal closing tomorrow, there shouldn't see anymore departures from the team, and I think we can only expect to see 1 more guy come in. So I think now we can probably start looking at what the rotation for next season may look like! Here is my stab at the 24-25 starting lineup and rotational guys.

1. Money Williams
2. Malik Moore
3. Austin Patterson
4. Te'Jon Sawyer
5. Jensen Bradtke

6. Brandon Whitney (as some posters have mentioned, he and Money don't really work out when they're together on the floor)
7. Kai Johnson
8. Tyler Thompson
9. Blake Jones
10. Chase Henderson

I wanna see who the last scholarship goes to as I'm sure they'll target an experienced big man, but for now I could see this being the lineup they go with. For those of you who do not remember, Money was starting over Whitney before he got hurt. I firmly believe that Money is our best player and he should be starting over Whitney. I could make a case for either Patterson or Johnson to be starting in the 3 spot but I lean Patterson just because he's a slightly better 3 point shooter

With the portal closing tomorrow, there shouldn't see anymore departures from the team, and I think we can only expect to see 1 more guy come in. So I think now we can probably start looking at what the rotation for next season may look like! Here is my stab at the 24-25 starting lineup and rotational guys.

1. Money Williams
2. Malik Moore
3. Austin Patterson
4. Te'Jon Sawyer
5. Jensen Bradtke

6. Brandon Whitney (as some posters have mentioned, he and Money don't really work out when they're together on the floor)
7. Kai Johnson
8. Tyler Thompson
9. Blake Jones
10. Chase Henderson

I wanna see who the last scholarship goes to as I'm sure they'll target an experienced big man, but for now I could see this being the lineup they go with. For those of you who do not remember, Money was starting over Whitney before he got hurt. I firmly believe that Money is our best player and he should be starting over Whitney. I could make a case for either Patterson or Johnson to be starting in the 3 spot but I lean Patterson just because he's a slightly better 3 point shooter
If the reports are true that Whitney was undecided about coming back, it’s hard to believe he would come back for a bench role and a 5th year after starting 116 out of 122 career games over his first 4 years.

I'm sure that Whitney will start and so will Money. I don't see Williams as a PG.

I would be surprised to see Bradtke start. It could happen, but he is totally unknown to D1 basketball. All we really know is that he played well in Australia and couldn't crack the rotation at St Mary's.

I feel that a lot is still riding on who you get for your last grant. UM will certainly be strong in the backcourt. Frontcourt is where all the questions still are. However, UM has always been good at playing small ball.

I'm sure that Whitney will start and so will Money. I don't see Williams as a PG.

I would be surprised to see Bradtke start. It could happen, but he is totally unknown to D1 basketball. All we really know is that he played well in Australia and couldn't crack the rotation at St Mary's.

I feel that a lot is still riding on who you get for your last grant. UM will certainly be strong in the backcourt. Frontcourt is where all the questions still are. However, UM has always been good at playing small ball.
Well as of right now it’s either him or Blake Jones and I’m not the least bit inspired by him so far. At least the returns on Bradtke when he was in Australia look very good. I agree that a lot hinges on the last spot but this Is a snapshot in time of the roster.

As for the Whitney conversation, they both could very well start together. However as we saw this past season, that didn’t really work out all that well. Doesn’t mean they can’t make it work throughout the offseason and into next year, but for now I wouldn’t be pulling the trigger on putting those two on the court together. And to GrizBall’s point about Whitney returning for a 5th year, what Whitney should be concerned about is winning a title and making the tournament. If he cared about the team, he would put the team first and do what’s best for the team. This is the longest tournament drought for the Griz in my lifetime and they need to end it next year.

Back