• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question for Military & ex-military?

CNO and Secretary of the Navy recommend Captain Crozier be returned to command:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/coronavirus-us-usa-updates.html

Note this is the NYT's live update page and the Crozier story will gradually drift down the page.

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
Now is turns out he did send it up the chain of command to 3 admirals and copied 7 captains. Now it appears Modly lied when he said he sent it to 20-30 people. Wonder what new fact will come out that contradicts the Navy again. He’s getting his ship back.

Lol. You wanna place a wager on that?

Edit: I just read up on the second investigation that’s being done. I’ll still take the wager. If they give him his command back it will be unprecedented.
After navy investigation, Chief of naval operations, admiral Michael Gilday and acting naval secretary James McPherson have recommended to defense secretary Mark Esper that captain crozier be reinstated to his command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Does Esper i.e. Trump follow the navy’s recommendation? I’m thinking the polling says yes. How’s that chain of command thing working for you now?

mcg said:
CNO and Secretary of the Navy recommend Captain Crozier be returned to command:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/coronavirus-us-usa-updates.html

Note this is the NYT's live update page and the Crozier story will gradually drift down the page.

There is no way! Sure, the New York Times has been around since 1851, and yes it was the Paper of Record, in the days that we want to get back to (MAGA), but that doesn't matter. It's fake news.

Harm said:
Imagine that...who would've...oh, right.....

Yep. You nailed it.

At least there are a couple of us here who saw this for the shit show it was. If Esper follows through, he will receive a well deserved hero's welcome-back from his crew.

100%GRIZ said:
I worked at an AFB a while back & got to know the chain of command quite well so my question is - what do you think about the Captain Brett Crozier getting relieved from duty from his ship?

Personally I thought no way he gets his ship back. Perhaps Trump was Very Persuasive! Dutch Lane is gonna Love this comment! He knows how to get things done or The Art of the Deal or both! :thumb:

Dillon said:
100%GRIZ said:
I worked at an AFB a while back & got to know the chain of command quite well so my question is - what do you think about the Captain Brett Crozier getting relieved from duty from his ship?

Personally I thought no way he gets his ship back. Perhaps Trump was Very Persuasive! Dutch Lane is gonna Love this comment! He knows how to get things done or The Art of the Deal or both! :thumb:

Come on Dillon I’m not a complete total idiot. Lol. I give credit where do. Trump is master at creating chaos and then picking which side is most advantageous to take. In this instance I’m thinking he will tell Esper to reinstate, even though he had Modley fire Crozier. His political calculus in doing so is the military vote, which recent polling has shown is slipping, will come back to him. So yeah he caused a crisis and will spin it as a win and fuck the chain of command. Remember the’re his admirals and it’s his navy. :thumb:

SoldierGriz said:
Harm said:
Imagine that...who would've...oh, right.....

Yep. You nailed it.

At least there are a couple of us here who saw this for the shit show it was. If Esper follows through, he will receive a well deserved hero's welcome-back from his crew.

Shit show or not, it’s still completely unprecedented.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Yep. You nailed it.

It's how things are done at the White House now, been happening for 3 years.

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:

Dutch made a great point in his last post....Trump creates the chaos (which he allegedly did here) and then changes sides if it appears to suit him politically. And if he does (or has) change his mind on this, it’s almost a lock Crozier gets the carrier back (think Eddie Gallagher situation).

It’s the NAVY that I never expected would change their minds. Military brass do NOT like to admit they were wrong....Crozier isn’t the first to lose his command over something that turns out to be an overreach, but he may very well be the first to get his command BACK.

That will really be something....

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:

Dutch made a great point in his last post....Trump creates the chaos (which he allegedly did here) and then changes sides if it appears to suit him politically. And if he does (or has) change his mind on this, it’s almost a lock Crozier gets the carrier back (think Eddie Gallagher situation).

It’s the NAVY that I never expected would change their minds. Military brass do NOT like to admit they were wrong....Crozier isn’t the first to lose his command over something that turns out to be an overreach, but he may very well be the first to get his command BACK.

That will really be something....

I think that the brass was overruled by Washington and this fits them fine, they were right to begin with.

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Lol. You wanna place a wager on that?

Edit: I just read up on the second investigation that’s being done. I’ll still take the wager. If they give him his command back it will be unprecedented.
After navy investigation, Chief of naval operations, admiral Michael Gilday and acting naval secretary James McPherson have recommended to defense secretary Mark Esper that captain crozier be reinstated to his command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Does Esper i.e. Trump follow the navy’s recommendation? I’m thinking the polling says yes. How’s that chain of command thing working for you now?

Must you be a douche?

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

Must you be a douche?

Has he taken the helm?

Just read Capt. Crozier is back in San Diego with his wife and been assigned to temporary admin duty. Trump stated in the past that he would be meeting with him soon. Esper ordered another investigation which I’m thinking will reverse Gidlays reinstatement recommendation. AZ, I’m betting now that Trump has meeting with him and his wife in the Oval Office and re-in states him overruling the brass. It’s a good move politically because of the positive feel good story and will help him with the military vote. It’s trumps navy and he can and will do what is in his own best self interest with it to get re elected. So there’s that.

Face it, our deranged president made a shit show outta nothing and now has to backtrack, like he always does, to gain military favor--only to trample it again in the future. Get your ship back Crozier.

66volvo said:
Face it, our deranged president made a shit show outta nothing and now has to backtrack, like he always does, to gain military favor--only to trample it again in the future. Get your ship back Crozier.

I have seen CO's be relieved of commands for SOOOOO much less than this.....non-military types would be SHOCKED at how high the bar is for commanding officers. On the scale of "nothing", this is waaaay up there, believe me.

AZGrizFan said:
66volvo said:

I have seen CO's be relieved of commands for SOOOOO much less than this.....non-military types would be SHOCKED at how high the bar is for commanding officers. On the scale of "nothing", this is waaaay up there, believe me.

When I finished all the usual Infantry Schools as a 2LT and got to my unit, I had the memorable experience of watching several other butterbars all around me get relieved and moved to another battalion, my first two company commanders, battalion, brigade and division commanders ALL get relieved! Christ, you can't even fart in a dining in without getting relieved. Hell, if a spouse didn't go to the hail and farewells your OER was a career killer...just a speeding ticket got another lieutenant relieved and sent to a different brigade.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
AZGrizFan said:

When I finished all the usual Infantry Schools as a 2LT and got to my unit, I had the memorable experience of watching several other butterbars all around me get relieved and moved to another battalion, my first two company commanders, battalion, brigade and division commanders ALL get relieved! Christ, you can't even fart in a dining in without getting relieved. Hell, if a spouse didn't go to the hail and farewells your OER was a career killer...just a speeding ticket got another lieutenant relieved and sent to a different brigade.

Yep. That’s why I laugh at all the SJW’s who are butthurt for this guy. :lol:

Christ, there were over 200 senior military officers who were literally forced out of the military simply because Obama didn’t like their politics. At least this was remotely operationally induced....

Az, as unprecedented as the Crozier case was the DOJ just dismissed the case against Lt.gen Flynn, after he pled guilty. I have never had a case where my client entered a plea of guilty pursuant to a plea agreement and then had the prosecution dismiss the case. Career federal prosecutors are also calling this one “unprecedented”. There is a lot of “unprecedented” in the Trump administration.lol Will be interesting to see if the judge holds a hearing before he grants the governments motion and if he calls any of the prosecutors on the carpet to splain just what the fuck is going on.

Dutch Lane said:
Az, as unprecedented as the Crozier case was the DOJ just dismissed the case against Lt.gen Flynn, after he pled guilty. I have never had a case where my client entered a plea of guilty pursuant to a plea agreement and then had the prosecution dismiss the case. Career federal prosecutors are also calling this one “unprecedented”. There is a lot of “unprecedented” in the Trump administration.lol Will be interesting to see if the judge holds a hearing before he grants the governments motion and if he calls any of the prosecutors on the carpet to splain just what the fuck is going on.

The only thing “unprecedented” about it is that if he’s reinstated, it’s completely a political move. Those never used to happen. Guess it’s a brave new world.

Back