• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ramos and Walker are Back

gotgame75 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Germer is a very good coach and does a good job every year. That's why he makes a good or pretty good o-line most every year with what he has. Looks like he'll be working with Chen with TE and tackles too. Last year's o-line was good most of the time, but had lapses. This year's line will be better.

The funny thing about you is that you don't even believe half the sh!t you post. You just want to stir the pot.

No one on this board, including you, believes that Germer is "a very good coach". It's just another attempt to brown nose. His unit has consistently been the weak link for almost a decade.

Germer is a very good coach. I know that from Bobby and other UM coaches, and from players and ex-players. I haven't talked to anyone about Germer's coaching in the last year or so.

PlayerRep said:
gotgame75 said:
The funny thing about you is that you don't even believe half the sh!t you post. You just want to stir the pot.

No one on this board, including you, believes that Germer is "a very good coach". It's just another attempt to brown nose. His unit has consistently been the weak link for almost a decade.

Germer is a very good coach. I know that from Bobby and other UM coaches, and from players and ex-players. I haven't talked to anyone about Germer's coaching in the last year or so.

Wait, I thought you only had one account on egriz? You're such a liar!

uptopgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I use one account, but have said previously that since I updated my IOS, that the old account autoloader on my computer. Sometimes, I miss it.

Everyone knows you are the biggest liar on egriz and a fraud. You are now a complete joke. Everyone jumps on you and laughs at you. Plus, you won't back up your big bet.

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

I use one account, but have said previously that since I updated my IOS, that the old account autoloader on my computer. Sometimes, I miss it.

Everyone knows you are the biggest liar on egriz and a fraud. You are now a complete joke. Everyone jumps on you and laughs at you. Plus, you won't back up your big bet.

Sometimes you miss using your second account? got it :lol:

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hey, PR’s old, give him a break. Sometimes Alzheimer’s is a bitch. But he is right about one thing. You are a joke. Still waiting for the proof of the bet you said you’d prove when you had time…about 20 posts ago.

alabamagrizzly said:
uptopgriz said:

Hey, PR’s old, give him a break. Sometimes Alzheimer’s is a bitch. But he is right about one thing. You are a joke. Still waiting for the proof of the bet you said you’d prove when you had time…about 20 posts ago.

Like I said, I sometimes miss my old account. So, I occasionally make an innocuous PR post and feel refreshed.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Like I said, I sometimes miss my old account. So, I occasionally make an innocuous PR post and feel refreshed.

I can appreciate that😊.

With all due respect, the OL was no better than average whenever a good team was played against. Germer isn’t bad, but he’s not great either. He’s been here for a while…it’s disappointing that the depth, development, and HS recruiting hasn’t been better imo.

PTGrizzly said:
With all due respect, the OL was no better than average whenever a good team was played against. Germer isn’t bad, but he’s not great either. He’s been here for a while…it’s disappointing that the depth, development, and HS recruiting hasn’t been better imo.

The o-line was much better than average this season. Against SS, a seeded team, UM had over 200 yards rushing and more than SS (even without Johnson for much of the game). UM was 10-20 in 3d down conversations. UM had more rushing first downs than SS. UM gave up no sacks. TOP was 38 to 22, a sign of a good o-line and a run game.

Again, Germer is a very good coach. Ask Bobby or any coach at UM. Recruiting high school o-line is only part of the equation; getting transfers is just as important, maybe more so. Give me JD Quinn and Brent Russum anytime. Also, the Butte qb who transferred and who is now in the NFL.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

The o-line was much better than average this season. Against SS, a seeded team, UM had over 200 yards rushing and more than SS (even without Johnson for much of the game). UM was 10-20 in 3d down conversations. UM had more rushing first downs than SS. UM gave up no sacks. TOP was 38 to 22, a sign of a good o-line and a run game.

Again, Germer is a very good coach. Ask Bobby or any coach at UM. Recruiting high school o-line is only part of the equation; getting transfers is just as important, maybe more so. Give me JD Quinn and Brent Russum anytime. Also, the Butte qb who transferred and who is now in the NFL.

The oline was horrible. Ask Weber or the Cats or NDSU how good they were.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

The oline was horrible. Ask Weber or the Cats or NDSU how good they were.

The o-line was good or pretty good most of the time, but not as good in some games. You said the o-line was bad against all good teams. I pointed out that it wasn't.

The O-Line is either good or it isn’t. It shouldn’t matter who the hell you play against. If they are good, they will play well against an NDSU and they should absolutely dominate an average team. This O-Line did neither. They did good against an average team and did miserable against a good team. It doesn’t take a genius to see how truly average this O-Line is. To say anything else, you are pandering to the coaches and not being honest. Get real man.

hubcap said:
The O-Line is either good or it isn’t. It shouldn’t matter who the hell you play against. If they are good, they will play well against an NDSU and they should absolutely dominate an average team. This O-Line did neither. They did good against an average team and did miserable against a good team. It doesn’t take a genius to see how truly average this O-Line is. To say anything else, you are pandering to the coaches and not being honest. Get real man.

Hoops doesn’t have a clue what quality football looks like

hubcap said:

Any position group, player, or team plays up and down by game. You obviously never played the game. It certainly does matter who you play against. Again, you obviously never played the game.

You don't have a clue about o-line play, or football.

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:

Any position group, player, or team plays up and down by game. You obviously never played the game. It certainly does matter who you play against. Again, you obviously never played the game.

So the group happens to play “down” against every good team? And that’s just ok? :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

So the group happens to play “down” against every good team? And that’s just ok? :lol:

No, I said position groups have good games and less good games. That doesn't mean playing less good against better teams. The numbers show the o-line played well or fairly well against SS, despite not having Johnson for much of the game. The defense also had great and less great games, and a few weaker games or halves, and that wasn't all dependent on the quality of the team they were playing.

hubcap said:

What you said isn't true. O-lines don't, or seldom, play well against every team. You are another never-played-the-gamer, trying to talk like you know something. You don't know what you are talking about.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

No, I said position groups have good games and less good games. That doesn't mean playing less good against better teams. The numbers show the o-line played well or fairly well against SS, despite not having Johnson for much of the game. The defense also had great and less great games, and a few weaker games or halves, and that wasn't all dependent on the quality of the team they were playing.

No, it pretty much was. Both units played their worst games against the best teams. There might be quarters or halves where they played decent, but for the most part the body of evidence does not support your assessment. Which tells me, we weren’t one of the best teams, even in our own conference. It’s ok to admit that, as long as you believe Bobby has a plan to MAKE us one of the best teams.

Back