• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rosenbach’s Game Plan for EWU

Run, run, pass, punt. Then, run, run, pass, punt. Next, run, run, play-action pass, punt. Finally, play-action pass and then who knows.

I'd like to see triple option air raid out of the rabbit package.

I'd likely be happy with any sort of offense that can bail out the defense and get a win.

I would like to see an analysis of the difference in their game against WIU from first to second half. Whatever flipped in that game was dramatic

FormerEag said:
putter said:
I would like to see an analysis of the difference in their game against WIU from first to second half. Whatever flipped in that game was dramatic

Dehydration mostly.
The irony of your signature is pretty hilarious now :lol:

Dgriz94 said:
I think this game will be one where we miss Knight the most. He has the patience and vision these young guys just don't have enough experience with yet. I think we will continue to see a lot of outside zone runs in order to use the speed of X which in turn should open up the play action game for some deeper shots down the field. The line needs to play better this week and clean up some of those holding penalties that cost us some big runs.
Good post; all points valid.

Griz til I die said:
If it works, go ground and pound for as long as possible. The longer you can keep their offense off the field, the better chance you have. I do think their defense will struggle with whatever we do offensively, but our defense was on the field way too much yesterday. We need to keep their offense off the field. The lower scoring game this is, the better the outcome.

Agree with all the above. Ground and pound as much as possible....control the clock...keep the Eags offense off the field.

If it was me, I’d look to go over the top early. EWU’s defense gives up a lot of passing yards. Go over the top early, get out to a 14-0 or 10-0 lead and then start grinding the clock. Barriere will adjust to our scheme and get his as the game goes on, making him play catch up instead of being neck and neck will be big.

EWU has too much firepower for us to come out in some archaic 1970s ‘3 yards and a cloud of dust’ offense and hope to keep up. We won’t put up the 35+ it’ll take to win if we do that.

We need to disrupt their defensive plan early and keep that shaky defense on their heels all game.

Latest posts

Back