• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rumor, gossip, innuendo, hearsay--a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g??

Timmy is an intense player, a big asset to the team. When I hear stuff about players hitting inanimate objects and injuring themselves, It is time for some help that I hope he might be open for assistance.

MTbest said:
Timmy is an intense player, a big asset to the team. When I hear stuff about players hitting inanimate objects and injuring themselves, It is time for some help that I hope he might be open for assistance.
Assuming that "hitting an inanimate object" actually happened. :roll:

GrizWhiz said:
MTbest said:

I hope not, for him or any other player!

It will be very interesting to see the comments
about timmy when it shifts to basketball and his play this season.I believe his contribution to this
team starting or coming off the bench will be vital.
I remember what I saw from him the last 6 games when he was inserted into the starting lineup and the postive effect it had on the team. I dont expect to see any less from him REGARDLESS of any new additions to the team.

Coachnelson said:
about timmy when it shifts to basketball and his play this season.I believe his contribution to this
I remember what I saw from him the last 6 games when he was inserted into the starting lineup and the postive effect it had on the team. I dont expect to see any less from him REGARDLESS of any new additions to the team.
I agree with you completely Coach Nelson. The kid flat out competes.

GrizWhiz said:
MTbest said:

I taught my kids to punch only softer things, like sheetrock, but to watch out for the studs. No medical bills, just money for repairs. I also talk them to punch overhand, and not underhand and upper cuts. Too many boxer's fractures underhand. I learned the hard way.

Coachnelson said:

Agree completely. I love the kid. Easily one of my favorites!

PlayerRep said:
GrizWhiz said:
MTbest said:

I taught my kids to punch only softer things, like sheetrock, but to watch out for the studs. No medical bills, just money for repairs. I also talk them to punch overhand, and not underhand and upper cuts. Too many boxer's fractures underhand. I learned the hard way.
"All of life is peaks and valleys. Don’t let the peaks get too high and the valleys too low". – John Wooden

Coachnelson said:

Heartily agree, Coach. Timmy has the competitive fire and defensive intensity that every team needs, along with his won't back down attitude.

People overlook a couple things, IMO, from reading this board since he's been here. First he has the best court vision of anyone TDC has had by far. Second is that he has the knack for getting everyone involved on offense. Seemed to me with Rorie and Oguine the O sometimes got bogged down when they dominated the ball along the arc and high wing and sort of probed for openings and ball movement could stagnate. This would allow off ball defenders to cheat off their guy and make it tough for Mike to get to the hole or Rorie to get into the lane for the 14 foot J's he liked. I often noticed Timmy coming in and immediately finding Dorsey or Manuel with a cross court pass for an open corner trey or getting into the lane and finding Akoh or Sayeed on the baseline for a good shot. All about the spacing.

Unselfish team play is contagious and a guy like Timmy who seems like he'd rather get the dime than the hoop can spread this through the team. He makes plays that fire up both his team and the crowd and can change momentum in a contest. He's going to turn it over trying to make a great play, but if he eliminates the occasional sloppy TO no one will care. He needs to shake off the ticky tack foul calls quicker, everyone gets 'em, and focus his intensity on things he can control. With the new talent he may have to share more minutes than he thought, but I expect he'll step up and be a team leader along with Pridgett and a main cog on what I expect to be an exciting team by March.

Timmy is a helluva tonic for the Griz Offense against zones as well. The sooner he gets back, the better. Kid brings a ton of energy on D as well.

UncleRico said:
Coachnelson said:
I agree with you completely Coach Nelson. The kid flat out competes.

I have never met the kid, and I am no psycho-analyst, but he has always seemed a bit out-of-control on the court and tries too hard instead of just letting his natural talent come out. He is over-aggressive on defense and seems to get a lot of needless reach-in fouls and then is demonstrative and upset by the foul calls and never seems to learn or adapt. That "I wear it on my sleeve" full-tilt style is a huge part of his game and can and should be an asset, but there's a healthy balance. No doubt he has lots of talent and a motor, but he still needs to learn how to control that intensity to reach his full potential. He's his own worst enemy at times.

Love it. Season is soooo close I can taste it. We are going to need all hands on deck!

[media]https://twitter.com/jordyhansen/status/1190019400096727040[/media]

flatheadgriz406 said:
Love it. Season is soooo close I can taste it. We are going to need all hands on deck!

[media]https://twitter.com/jordyhansen/status/1190019400096727040[/media]

This is huge! Thanks for sharing.

Back