• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sammy Touchdown

EverettGriz said:
Way to f*** up yet another positive thread about a great player with your own warped agenda, PR.

In what almost certainly will be a futile attempt at bringing this back around, Sammy has had a huge sophomore campaign. He’ll be a force the next two years.

Is this your idea of contributing something positive to the thread? Consider addressing your comment at the culprit who started the crap. Consider making a substantive post sometime.

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
Lots have said he can't throw long. and doesn't. Only short passes. And misses wide open receivers. This despite him having the 2d best completion percentage in the conference.

He had a good game. Good for him. Now he needs to maintain that and not revert back to the previous three. Completion percentage only tells part of the story when it comes to a QB, the fact that that is the only statistic you are hanging on is kind of pathetic. He could go 100 for 100 on 2 yard passes but if they don’t result in any first downs or any points, they are pretty much meaningless

Either learn something about the game, or don't respond to my posts. And don't misrepresent what I have said, or Sneed's stats.

Sneed is a terrific player. He has had multiple good games. Besides a good completion percentage, he is 3d in the conference in passing yardage. He is 2d in total offense. 3d in TD passes. While his 3 picks a couple games ago upped his total picks, he is still not high in the conference in picks per throws.

He is a very good leader. Elected captain in his first year. Very mobile. Avoids sacks. Nice runner. Nice speed.

If you want to play the game, tell us what Sneed is bad at. Otherwise, STFU on this subject.

Here is an idea, GFY

I never said he was a bad player. Stop putting words in people‘s posts and only reading into them what you want to

This is your idea providing something of substance on Sneed, or anything else? Sneed didn't have 3 bad games in a row, by the way. The team lost 3 games. Sneed was good and bad during those games. Sneed has had way more good than bad. That's why he's 2d in the conference in completion percentage and total offense, and 3d in passing TD's and passing yards per game.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Way to f*** up yet another positive thread about a great player with your own warped agenda, PR.

In what almost certainly will be a futile attempt at bringing this back around, Sammy has had a huge sophomore campaign. He’ll be a force the next two years.

Is this your idea of contributing something positive to the thread? Consider addressing your comment at the culprit who started the crap. Consider making a substantive post sometime.

Uhhh, I did just that, thanks.

How can this be? I thought posters said Sneed doesn't throw long, or throw long enough to get TD's, and isn't accurate enough throwing long to make any completions.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

How can this be? I thought posters said Sneed doesn't throw long, or throw long enough to get TD's, and isn't accurate enough throwing long to make any completions.

Nope, it was Fahque. Nice try; you just made the problem worse, as you often do. My post was perfectly fine, and had substance in it.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Nope, it was Fahque. Nice try; you just made the problem worse, as you often do. My post was perfectly fine, and had substance in it.

What?!?! He didn't post until after you'd posted TWICE to derail the thread. You are truly delusional.

That all said, I knew it was silly of me to try to get the thread back on topic with you around.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What?!?! He didn't post until after you'd posted TWICE to derail the thread. You are truly delusional.

That all said, I knew it was silly of me to try to get the thread back on topic with you around.

I didn't detail the thread. Every thread evolves. How much more could have been about the topic of Akem leading the conference in TD's? Answer, almost nothing.

Derailing threads is what people like you who usually attribute no substance, and just complain about the conference and pick at other posters, do. I provide as much substance as any poster on the board. You provide virtually nothing of substance.

Your comments in the new thread regarding the 2 finalists for conference commish were much more of a "derailing" of that thread than mine was here. Consider stopping derailing threads by frequently dissing the conference in dozens of threads. Do you know what the term hypocrite means?

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I didn't detail the thread. Every thread evolves. How much more could have been about the topic of Akem leading the conference in TD's? Answer, almost nothing.

Derailing threads is what people like you who usually attribute no substance, and just complain about the conference and pick at other posters, do. I provide as much substance as any poster on the board. You provide virtually nothing of substance.

Your comments in the new thread regarding the 2 finalists for conference commish were much more of a "derailing" of that thread than mine was here. Consider stopping derailing threads by frequently dissing the conference in dozens of threads. Do you know what the term hypocrite means?

You derail pretty much every thread you post in with your arrogance. :finger:

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Nope, non-substantive posters like yourself derail threads by picking at other posters and posting dumb stuff.

I know that I post my substantive football information than virtually any other poster. I know that many people rely on what I say, because they know I get it from good sources, like the coaches.

PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Nope, non-substantive posters like yourself derail threads by picking at other posters and posting dumb stuff.

I know that I post my substantive football information than virtually any other poster. I know that many people rely on what I say, because they know I get it from good sources, like the coaches.

Whatever you want to believe douche canoe

ARGH (not the egrizzer)!!!!!!!!!! Yet, another derailed thread. Knock it off, please!!!!

As for Sammy Akem, keep it up man. I look forward to see you progressing throughout your GRIZ career. I see a possible NFL future in you. Keep working to reach your potential and that will be reality.

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:

Congrats to Akem.

Not many have said that he can't throw it long. Many are saying he needs to be more consistent, and something he needs to continue to improve on I am not sure how many of Akem's TD's are from long passes. I recall some medium length passes, a few redzone td's, and a few with great YAC. Akem does it from all areas. It is good to see him utilized in the redzone though.

Lots have said he can't throw long. and doesn't. Only short passes. And misses wide open receivers. This despite him having the 2d best completion percentage in the conference.

He had a good game. Good for him. Now he needs to maintain that and not revert back to the previous three. Completion percentage only tells part of the story when it comes to a QB, the fact that that is the only statistic you are hanging on is kind of pathetic. He could go 100 for 100 on 2 yard passes but if they don’t result in any first downs or any points, they are pretty much meaningless
Yards-Per-Attempt = the quintessential stat of a passer's efficiency, IMO.
Similarly for receivers, Yards-Per-Target, when errant passes are excluded. A much better measure of a WR efficiency than yards, receptions, or ypc. Swinging this "stat" debate back onto topic: Does anyone have those kind of numbers for Sammy?

I can’t rememeber who posted recently that Sammy is not all that, but they owe all of Griz Nation a huge apology. Once again, we are insanely fortunate Sammy is a Griz. That’s 12 TDs, 2 each in his last 4 games....and he’s a sophomore!

Dude is a stud. Easy to see. And when they try to take him away....Toure, Curren, JLM, Sulser.... I like it!

MTGRZ said:
Dude is a stud. Easy to see. And when they try to take him away....Toure, Curren, JLM, Sulser.... I like it!

Yep! That same poster said our receiving corps has been a disappointment

Too bad, a few games our passing game has been almost invisible. As for receptions and yardage, his numbers are solid, but he will fall short of a 1000 yard season. Then again, can he get close to 270 yards with a few TD's against the Cats? If he did, that would be one way to end the regular season, and hope for the playoffs.

I feel like Sammy is just scratching the surface of his potential. He seems to be starting to finally grow into his body. The dude is all arms and legs. 2 more years in the strength program under Nicholson and the new Champions Center is a scary thought. His measurables are unreal. The guy must have a 7' wingspan and I think the team has to special order 4XL gloves for him. His catch radius is insane. Add a little more speed, strength and vertical leap over the next 2 years to go with his smarts and work ethic. Something really special is in the works. Akem is going to be scary.

Back