• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

San Jose St. Transfer Micheal Steadman

NorthEndZoneDan said:
JFC, give it a rest FFS. First its complaining because TDC might leave for a better gig. Then its bitching because TDC brought in a transfer from a losing program. I say trust TDC and his evaluations of what we need.
Akoh came from a "losing program." :thumb:

After watching this highlight video, I am very impressed with Steadman's offense. He is smooth with his left and right jump hooks, solid and quick midrange to 3 point shooter. He also doesn't let collapsing guards rush him. He looks very calm with the ball in his hands. I would like to see his defense and ball handling abilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ARzXPAkLg

I can tell, he moves great and is very coordinated. I don't question his offensive upside at all. Defensively, I see him potentially as a perfect fit in DeCuire's system. Krslovic and Akoh did well with DeCuire's system and hedging. Steadman looks to be quicker, more athletic, and better footwork than each of them. They led the GRIZ in steals in the system. I am not sure how Steadman will do with steals, but he does look like he may be good for a few blocked shots per game. I bet he can get to 230 lbs, and not lose athleticism, quickness, and coordination. I really don't think he needs to get much bigger than that. This guy has the potential to average 15+ ppg, 9+ rpg, 2 blocks pg, and 1.0 steal per game.

I honestly won't be surprised to see this guy emerge like Bolomboy and Wiley did in the Big Sky, then go from there. I hope the GRIZ can get him a waiver for eligibility this season. I really don't want to wait a year to see him dominate the conference. Terrific pick up Coach DeCuire. Welcome to GRIZ NATION, Michael Steadman.

He has a very soft right AND left hand hook down low. He used a reverse pivot at the elbow to create space on a jumper I saw. He has a nice spin move and up and under move near the basket. It also looks like he can shoot the three if left open. The last clips were of Weber State guarding him and he looked like a man playing against boys out there. Great pick up sure hope he can play next season.

How often do you see a player from a “better” conference transfer to “crappy” conference after leading his team in scoring? This says something for how Montana and TD are being viewed nationally. Very excited for Montana Basketball!

alabamagrizzly said:
How often do you see a player from a “better” conference transfer to “crappy” conference after leading his team in scoring? This says something for how Montana and TD are being viewed nationally. Very excited for Montana Basketball!

Excellent point. I was thinking the same thing. Some of us on here might brush off Big Sky Championships but the players sure don't! Excited to see this kid come in and make moves.

GrizWhiz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
JFC, give it a rest FFS. First its complaining because TDC might leave for a better gig. Then its bitching because TDC brought in a transfer from a losing program. I say trust TDC and his evaluations of what we need.

Bingo! :thumb:

GrizWhiz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Was on the Fullerton team at the same time the current msu coach was there.

braves84 said:
GrizWhiz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Sorry

fanofzoo said:
braves84 said:
GrizWhiz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Sorry
Sorry? He was a sophomore on the team, sprinkle was in his 3rd or 4th year. Don't know why your sorry.
They went something like10-20 and last in their league.

braves84 said:
fanofzoo said:
braves84 said:
GrizWhiz said:

Sorry
Sorry? He was a sophomore on the team, sprinkle was in his 3rd or 4th year. Don't know why your sorry.

It's a kitty/GRIZ thing , hope you understand.

braves84 said:
fanofzoo said:
braves84 said:
GrizWhiz said:

Sorry

He was only at San Jose State for last year. Was at City of San Francisco College the two prior years.

MtTarheel said:
braves84 said:
fanofzoo said:
braves84 said:

Sorry

He was only at San Jose State for last year. Was at City of San Francisco College the two prior years.

Was replying to grizwhizs' comment on akoh coming in from a "losing program"

IdahoGrizFan said:
But can he elevate like the other San Jose St transfer? Brandon Clarke?

Can anybody other than Zion Williamson? No, but he's taller and has a soft baby hook over both shoulders. Soon as he's eligible he's immediately the best big in the conference. Great pick-up

casewinter13 said:
rosco said:
Watched the highlights a number of time and I think the man bun is fine, the size is a good thing, but just not seeing D1.
Thank f***[*] God you aren't involved in our recruiting efforts. He's a taller, slightly more skilled Krutwig from Loyola Chicago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good pickup, but hope you're not giving up on Ben Carter who you called "slightly more skilled Krutwig"!

griznative24 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Excellent point. I was thinking the same thing. Some of us on here might brush off Big Sky Championships but the players sure don't! Excited to see this kid come in and make moves.
All good stuff. Be interesting to know why he even went to SJSU, which has been totally crappy in a "second tier" conference (using the phrase loosely), and shows no sign of turning that around.

He might have had hopes of joining a competitive team in another second tier conference, but even that would not give him a credible chance to play in the Big Dance. At Montana, he does have a credible chance of making into the NCAA tournament, or at least into the NIT -- either way, a chance to showcase his skills on a bigger stage.

rosco said:
casewinter13 said:
rosco said:
Watched the highlights a number of time and I think the man bun is fine, the size is a good thing, but just not seeing D1.
Thank f***[*] God you aren't involved in our recruiting efforts. He's a taller, slightly more skilled Krutwig from Loyola Chicago.

Sounds like a good pickup, but hope you're not giving up on Ben Carter who you called "slightly more skilled Krutwig"!

Not only does it not matter if I do or don't give up on him, as Travis hasn't been consulting me lately for some reason, but he's gone now. He's still gonna be a player, and I still like the kid, he just won't be developing at UM. Kelby has a high ceiling too, especially defensively, and will be a nice player wherever he ends up if he develops that shot over both shoulders. Travis continually raises the recruiting bar, it's pretty exciting to watch play out.

casewinter13 said:
rosco said:
Being called out by you as not being able to evaluate basketball players well means nothing. At 18 years old, clearly he's young and should improve, but as a comparison, most Frontier post players this past season were far better.
Evaluating talent is a talent in and of itself, one that watching some games doesn't change. I'm sorry that you're so hurt that you don't have it. I can see it's very frustrating for you to be so clueless about a sport you clearly love. Don't be ashamed and lash out. Embrace your weaknesses. If number of hours sitting on your ass watching games made someone worthy of evaluating talent, ESPN would be considered a job training program. It isn't. You're not good at this. You can continue to share, that's your right. You're only going to illustrate my point further if you continue with the frontier comments. I actually lol'd. Thanks, man

Clearly you're clueless and not good at evaluating players. Just embrace your weakness. Thanks, man

rosco said:
casewinter13 said:
rosco said:
Being called out by you as not being able to evaluate basketball players well means nothing. At 18 years old, clearly he's young and should improve, but as a comparison, most Frontier post players this past season were far better.
Evaluating talent is a talent in and of itself, one that watching some games doesn't change. I'm sorry that you're so hurt that you don't have it. I can see it's very frustrating for you to be so clueless about a sport you clearly love. Don't be ashamed and lash out. Embrace your weaknesses. If number of hours sitting on your ass watching games made someone worthy of evaluating talent, ESPN would be considered a job training program. It isn't. You're not good at this. You can continue to share, that's your right. You're only going to illustrate my point further if you continue with the frontier comments. I actually lol'd. Thanks, man

Clearly you're clueless and not good at evaluating players. Just embrace your weakness. Thanks, man

Better tell my employer that!

Just like that Jake Wylie character, eh? Couldn't play at Montana and transferred, he was a real non talent, wasn't he :)

You live in Montana? I'll be visiting soon, let's have a beer and discuss our weakness.

Back