• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Show me examples.....

Spanky2 said:
Wealthy boosters have a right to whine just like you are Argh

i'm not whining, but it sure sounds like they did - which i agree, is totally their right. and then they can pretend they didn't, and act all pompous and stuff!

ordigger said:
argh! said:
MTGRZ said:
....of a coaching change where the new coach comes in and the program is flipped to national prominence/dominance in one season.

i think you should just be asking for an example of a coach who's team didn't look completely inept two straight games, halfway through the season. one who lobbied for the position, quite possibly speeding the firing of the previous head coach. one who was supported by wealthy boosters, who have been perceived by some to have whined and 'gotten their way'. you know the type - threatening to give up on not only the griz, but the university, if they didn't get their way in terms of who is the head coach. who's blatant hypocrisy is being mocked now that the wheels have slightly fallen off.

there is a reason for the 'rancor' on egriz, and it isn't all about x's and o's.

To much truth here. You will be flamed soon. Me too for agreeing.

Welcome to college coaching.

When I first heard Hauck had actually gotten the job, the first thought that entered my mind is that it was going to be very difficult for Hauck to meet fans' expectations in the amount of time people said it was going to take, and that this was not so fair to Hauck. But many of those same people (and you know who you are) also said point blank that the talent was there and that it was just a matter of coaching.

So I figured it was fair game to: (a) Hold Hauck to the same standards as the last guy, and (b) see if Hauck could actually improve upon the last guy's performance with those same players (or the players Hauck recruited to supplement or replace those players after he was hired).

Is that somehow unfair to Hauck?

MTGRZ said:
...are there many examples of college coaching changes that brought a program to national prominence in one year?

Klieman at UNDSU

Also, I thought there'd be a much larger drop-off with the coaching change at EWU.

The example of NDSU & Eastern is ridiculous. Both programs hired within thus keeping a great program continue. Everything there predesssors started they basically kept it the same! Minor tinkering only. Go Griz! đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Very few examples where a coach has a great first season with a new team, however, the second year that number changes dramatically and the yet again the third year it changes again. After three if they can't show improvement then the odds are not favorable.

BH made the NC game in year TWO! Also against JMU.

Given that I keep reading he took over the program from Glenn that was hardly a sports car, one that lost 3 of 4, including one to the Cats, and built the Griz back from a bad trajectory back then, I'd expect an NC appearance next year.

CDAGRIZ said:

Given that I keep reading he took over the program from Glenn that was hardly a sports car, one that lost 3 of 4, including one to the Cats, and built the Griz back from a bad trajectory back then, I'd expect an NC appearance next year.
are you giving him enough TIME......someone was insisting on giving him more time!

zirge said:
CDAGRIZ said:

are you giving him enough TIME......someone was insisting on giving him more time!

Before this weekend, I thought it would take more time. After reading from those more knowledgeable about how the program wasn't on a good trajectory when BH took over in 2003, and how he built the program once before, I've lowered the amount of time I'm willing to give him.

CDAGRIZ said:
zirge said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Before this weekend, I thought it would take more time. After reading from those more knowledgeable about how the program wasn't on a good trajectory when BH took over in 2003, and how he built the program once before, I've lowered the amount of time I'm willing to give him.

fair enough.......i was there as well through the bobby years and he did take this program to great heights with great memories....especially in 2009. i want him to succeed....when the camera panned over to him during the ND he did resemble a deer in the headlights, as someone already registered on here, and that is not like him to give us the feeling that he does not know what to do. the davis game should give us a read on what he is going to do about it and how the players really feel about letting this slip away when we were so close.....i know it is not over yet.

zirge said:
CDAGRIZ said:
zirge said:
CDAGRIZ said:

fair enough.......i was there as well through the bobby years and he did take this program to great heights with great memories....especially in 2009. i want him to succeed....when the camera panned over to him during the ND he did resemble a deer in the headlights, as someone already registered on here, and that is not like him to give us the feeling that he does not know what to do. the davis game should give us a read on what he is going to do about it and how the players really feel about letting this slip away when we were so close.....i know it is not over yet.

Agreed. I think everyone who says he built this program up once before, and that the program he inherited from Glenn wasn't a Cadillac, would agree that we should all expect a deep run next year. Go Griz! Let's make it happen!

Meanwhile...we can fold up our RTD t-shirts for the year and await the arrival of next year with some serious athletes. That's what it is gonna take.

66volvo said:
Meanwhile...we can fold up our RTD t-shirts for the year and await the arrival of next year with some serious athletes. That's what it is gonna take.

Well, I'm not giving up on this year's team now or ever. I don't care how many say I should.

Back