• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
I asked this before and never got an answer: when have the scats ever lived up to the hype?

What is....1984, Alex?
That’s the response I always hear but it makes no sense to me. Maybe it’s because that book made no sense to me. Do cat people refer to it to mean that they will finally live up to the hype when the world ends and Armageddon is upon us?

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
I asked this before and never got an answer: when have the scats ever lived up to the hype?

What is....1984, Alex?
That’s the response I always hear but it makes no sense to me. Maybe it’s because that book made no sense to me. Do cat people refer to it to mean that they will finally live up to the hype when the world ends and Armageddon is upon us?

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

What is....1984, Alex?

Waste of space.

Woahs. 2day old member and already challenging tackling drills? That’s gotta be a new record, even for a cat troll, right?
Alrighty then, we’ll settle it THE USUAL WAY!!!....

Oklahoma drill in the Mo-club Alley

garizzalies said:
Woahs. 2day old member and already challenging tackling drills? That’s gotta be a new record, even for a cat troll, right?

About damn time we had an e-Griz Mo Club duel! Nice work Grizzalies! :clap: :clap:

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

About damn time we had an e-Griz Mo Club duel! Nice work Grizzalies! :clap: :clap:

I promised myself I would stay on the conservative side here. I apologize for my comment. I hate the lack of respect, but I will move on.

catfan406 said:
Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

I promised myself I would stay on the conservative side here. I apologize for my comment. I hate the lack of respect, but I will move on.

:(

poorgriz said:
What I should have said is, I put more stock in what I've seen personally, what some of my friends have told me, and what the coaches have said about CM's development.

“I can see a level of leadership that I haven’t seen up to this point from Chris in terms of taking charge and saying ‘this is when we’re going to throw, this is when we’re going to get together.”

Choate was impressed with the continued development of Murray, who enters his third season entrenched as the team's starting quarterback. "Chris is a pretty good player, he's able to make some things happen with the ball in his hands, but I also thought he pushed the ball down the field vertically. He had a couple drops, but I thought the ball was in good spots. I'm very pleased with what he did."

MSU's pass game was productive "The one thing I was pleased with was that Chris in particular didn't force the ball," Choate said, adding that Murray's physical improvements have transferred to the field. "Chris is stronger, and I think that's noticeable. He is pushing the ball more, he's got more velocity on his throws, and I really was pleased with his poise and the way we've run the offense.”
Really? You put a lot of stock in coachtalk? What else might Choate say, that Murray is a one-dimensional QB and if we don't generate a better passing game, we are once again destined for a losing record? That would fire everyone up. Didn't realize you were that naive looking through your blue-colored glasses.

Yes, I listen to what the coaches say. Choate isn't a sugarcoater. He tells it like it is and in the past he has called out Chris and flat out said we need to improve at the QB position and be more consistent. When he says Chris has improved, is putting the ball where it needs to be, and is getting more velocity on the ball and better at pushing it down the field, I believe him. Once again though, you guys can feel free to sit back and assume he isn't improving at all for some strange reason. I know it's a hard concept for you to grasp, but typically players that put in the effort and have good coaches, actually do improve their game year to year.

poorgriz said:
Yes, I listen to what the coaches say. Choate isn't a sugarcoater. He tells it like it is and in the past he has called out Chris and flat out said we need to improve at the QB position and be more consistent. When he says Chris has improved, is putting the ball where it needs to be, and is getting more velocity on the ball and better at pushing it down the field, I believe him. Once again though, you guys can feel free to sit back and assume he isn't improving at all for some strange reason. I know it's a hard concept for you to grasp, but typically players that put in the effort and have good coaches, actually do improve their game year to year.

He's what? 19, 20? Great athlete. I have to think he would improve with tons of reps, but game situations can be different.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

He's what? 19, 20? Great athlete. I have to think he would improve with tons of reps, but game situations can be different.
The same trolls discount and trash BH comments regarding Sneed's leadership and mastery of the offense and the improving young OL.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

The same trolls discount and trash BH comments regarding Sneed's leadership and mastery of the offense and the improving young OL.

Well, yeah! Everyone knows the musings of an FCS HC who has never, ever, ever, in the history of everdom, had a winning season, ever, should count for a lot more than a 80-17 HC at this level.

None of us can predict the future. If you can and you are posting here - Houston you have a problem!! Probabilities and stats don’t always tell the story, nor do they win games. As someone on here once said - that is why they play the game. Knowing that, it is pretty safe to say a freshman is usually a more confident and productive player as a junior and senior. Those are the years when most collegiate athletes “figure it out”. You have to take Injuries out of the equation and this would be more applicable to someone with a starting role or a backup who gets a lot of time when they are a frosh/sophomore. Murray has seen a lot of playing time and he has put plenty of reps in at QB. Will his passing improve. Probably and he will also get more comfortable in pressure situations. I think he will be better each year he plays. He may never have the arm and passing ability of T Lulay. He has many more skills to compensate for that though. The Cats will be interesting to watch. I am certainly no fan of MSPew. I am a realist and discounting their capabilities would be foolhardy. Traitorack is shoring up their D as well. Bobby has his work cut out for him. I don’t think that is a problem. He has the experience, staff and some of the right players to get the job done. A couple more recruiting cycles and RTD should occur.

catfan406 said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

What is....1984, Alex?

Waste of space.

Hey, Eydie Gorme’ was there from what I’ve been told. That means something....

CV Griz Fan said:
catfan406 said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
What is....1984, Alex?

Waste of space.

Her husband Steve Lawrence was there also but given the 8 gin and tonics he drank at halftime makes his a rather poor historian.

CV Griz Fan said:
catfan406 said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
What is....1984, Alex?

Waste of space.

Her husband Steve Lawrence was there also but given the 8 gin and tonics he drank at halftime makes his a rather poor historian.

catfan406 said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

What is....1984, Alex?

Waste of space.

I dunno much about that. But he ain’t best in it. We know that for DAMN sure.

CDAGRIZ said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Montanabob said:
You are misinformed on MSU OL and passing.
OL is all Big Sky this fall and Deep. Will run for over 250 a game and pass for another 200.

state ag has ONE receiver with more than three catches coming into 2018.

Holy shit.

losing Herbert to graduation and losing Johnson to injury will hurt, and yes, we're hurting a bit at WR. There are some young guys showing good stuff (Willie Patterson, Steel, McCutcheon) and our top threat receiver last year had 0 catches coming into the season, a pleasant surprise but could easily hapen again this season. Guys on the team say Patterson will make a big impact this year.

But I disagree with your stat above - not much better but coming into 2018 there's a few guys with more than 3 catches:
D'Agostino 21 catches
Kassis 21 catches
Sullivan 6 catches
Amos 5 catches

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

I do find it interesting, if not significant to this discussion, to consider the fact that when Dalton Sneed was Chris Murray's age, he hadn't yet played in a college football game. Murry started 16 college games as a 17 and 18 year old kid. Sneed's first game he started at UNLV he was 19.

Back