• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Softball adds 2 transfers

maroonandsilver

DONOR
Infielder Jocelyn Eisen from Ephrata transfers from UNLV as a Junior.

Pitcher Emmalyn Brinka transfers from New Mexico as a Sophomore. She was born in Missoula and went to middle school in Missoula and played with Grace Hardy. Family then moved to Arizona.

Thanks for the info Maroon & Silver.
The GrizSB roster has not been updated to 2024 at this point, so it's hard to tell what the fall roster will look like. It has been a very stable program under coach Meuchel though, so I expect most players will be returning.
Just a guess at this point, but if soph pitcher Dana Butterfield returns healthy, next year's roster should have 7 pitchers. The New Mexico transfer, Emmalyn Brinka, got considerable action for the Lobos last spring. She went 3-7, with an 8.2 ERA and pitched 47 innings. I'm also curious about the frosh pitcher from Helena Nyeala Herndon. Capital was 2 and out at the Montana AA softball playoffs last spring, but I didn't check any box scores to see how she did. The other incoming frosh pitcher is Rylee Rehbein from Battleground, WA. I have no info on her.
Montana 2023 seniors include Julie Phelps (cf), Jaxie Klucewich (ss) and Kendall Curtis (2b), so the GrizSB lose three solid defenders at their positions, so the team will be pretty young overall.

grizzlyjournal said:
Thanks for the info Maroon & Silver.
The GrizSB roster has not been updated to 2024 at this point, so it's hard to tell what the fall roster will look like. It has been a very stable program under coach Meuchel though, so I expect most players will be returning.
Just a guess at this point, but if soph pitcher Dana Butterfield returns healthy, next year's roster should have 7 pitchers. The New Mexico transfer, Emmalyn Brinka, got considerable action for the Lobos last spring. She went 3-7, with an 8.2 ERA and pitched 47 innings. I'm also curious about the frosh pitcher from Helena Nyeala Herndon. Capital was 2 and out at the Montana AA softball playoffs last spring, but I didn't check any box scores to see how she did. The other incoming frosh pitcher is Rylee Rehbein from Battleground, WA. I have no info on her.
Montana 2023 seniors include Julie Phelps (cf), Jaxie Klucewich (ss) and Kendall Curtis (2b), so the GrizSB lose three solid defenders at their positions, so the team will be pretty young overall.

Herndon got hurt toward the end of the year and didn’t pitch which is why Capital got bounced out of state quickly. I did chat with a few capital folks I know though and the feedback on her has been mixed. Some don’t think she will thrive at this level. Others say the potential is there.

Back