• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tackling a Culture of Sexism

Love that Bobby is willing to engage. This is how you community build. I also think that this is how Missoula in general starts really healing from the past 8 years. Regardless of any traps laid or not, this will already has had a positive outcome because it shows an interest in not only football but is the community as a whole. Good for him. Either way, it’s going to show what each stakeholder is about.

Funny shit, boys. If there was ever a place to have an enlightened, objective discussion of this issue, a society of withered old trogs like this would be it. Someone should make a transcript of this and take it to the meeting for comic relief. I especially like the soulful crying from all the “macho" victims of feminist fury. And, that guy who suffered all the unwanted come ons … riiiiiiight ... from aggressive women ...

PDXGrizzly said:
Love that Bobby is willing to engage. This is how you community build. I also think that this is how Missoula in general starts really healing from the past 8 years. Regardless of any traps laid or not, this will already has had a positive outcome because it shows an interest in not only football but is the community as a whole. Good for him. Either way, it’s going to show what each stakeholder is about.

I didn’t realize the Missoula community needed healing any more than any Montana community. UM has been ill resulting from inept leadership,not by the culture of sexism which is pure nonsense.

Spanky said:
PDXGrizzly said:

I didn’t realize the Missoula community needed healing any more than any Montana community. UM has been ill resulting from inept leadership,not by the culture of sexism which is pure nonsense.
The sad part is Bobby is in a no win situation. If he engages in this the people putting it on will throw him under the bus and if he declines they will keep attacking. Coach Hauck should do what he was brought to Montana to do and coach football instead of giving credence to a problem that isn't there because it is being fabricated.

Coach: If you had read a few articles in Google, posted over the last few years, 2013-2017, you would find Drew Collings is a female. Mentioned in the Johnson trial, the Krak's book tour visit, and the local bar drugging increase. One of those neutral first names.

tourist said:
Coach: If you had read a few articles in Google, posted over the last few years, 2013-2017, you would find Drew Collings is a female. Mentioned in the Johnson trial, the Krak's book tour visit, and the local bar drugging increase. One of those neutral first names.

Fixed :oops:

My fat old fingers don't type like they used to!

PDXGrizzly said:
grizcountry420 said:
main-qimg-16ade2d0de09bbee645606a7bba728a3

maxresdefault.jpg

Seriously? I’m all about having opinions, but trying to belittle another’s argument in this manner is not cricket. Instead of showing (what I assume you are trying to do) negative stereotypes of different opinions to try and de-legitimize them, try engaging in conversation. What you are doing is making a farcical argument with nothing to give but vitriol. There are better and more respectful ways to make a point.

PDXGrizzly wearing his pussy hat!

3b6eee143842499802f9060a3033adfb--for-men.jpg

Coach said:
Spanky said:
PDXGrizzly said:

The sad part is Bobby is in a no win situation. If he engages in this the people putting it on will throw him under the bus and if he declines they will keep attacking. Coach Hauck should do what he was brought to Montana to do and coach football instead of giving credence to a problem that isn't there because it is being fabricated.

I disagree. He is doing exactly what he needs to do to get to coaching ball. By addressing concerns head-on he is allowing for the opportunity to put many concerns to rest. If the forum is used as a vehicle to attack BH and the team, then those doing so have shown their true colors and deligitimized their position. Either way, it shows a willingness to address concerns and show compassion for differing points of view. It’s a PR win as long as he keeps his head.

grizcountry420 said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizcountry420 said:

Seriously? I’m all about having opinions, but trying to belittle another’s argument in this manner is not cricket. Instead of showing (what I assume you are trying to do) negative stereotypes of different opinions to try and de-legitimize them, try engaging in conversation. What you are doing is making a farcical argument with nothing to give but vitriol. There are better and more respectful ways to make a point.

:lol:

If only I was that skinny! Seriously, I don’t care that people have differing opinions and worldviews, just don’t be a dick. FWIW, I don’t have a pink pussy hat. I think many of the arguments are grossly overblown and sensationalistic on both sides. I just want common f-ing sense and conversation. That’s how you get shit done.

PDXGrizzly said:
grizcountry420 said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizcountry420 said:

:lol:

If only I was that skinny! Seriously, I don’t care that people have differing opinions and worldviews, just don’t be a dick. FWIW, I don’t have a pink pussy hat. I think many of the arguments are grossly overblown and sensationalistic on both sides. I just want common f-ing sense and conversation. That’s how you get shit done.

I agree it’s really overblown but this nothing but a witch hunt. Nothing positive will come about this. These feminists are nothing but agenda driven monsters! Feminism isn’t what it use to be. They are nothing but man haters!

grizcountry420 said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizcountry420 said:
PDXGrizzly said:

[emoji38]

I agree it’s really overblown but this nothing but a witch hunt. Nothing positive will come about this. These feminists are nothing but agenda driven monsters! Feminism isn’t what it use to be. They are nothing but man haters!
Best post in this thread, its exactly like trying to be rational with terrorists.

This 'forum' is going to be a total left wing clusterf*** production, like the Krakaur book show, with a clearly pro-Krak moderator, and a largely pro-Krak obnoxious and hostile crowd, unwilling to tolerate any views but their own. This bunch is not interested in peaceful, rational discussion. It wants confrontation.

tourist said:
This 'forum' is going to be a total left wing clusterf*** production, like the Krakaur book show, with a clearly pro-Krak moderator, and a largely pro-Krak obnoxious and hostile crowd, unwilling to tolerate any views but their own. This bunch is not interested in peaceful, rational discussion. It wants confrontation.

Then that’s what it’s going to be and BH will have taken the high road.

I admire Hauck for doing this, I just don't see anything good coming from it for him.

Young men and women go off to college to get an education and experience life, part of that is to have relationships. Some relationships are for months others for a few hours. Many students not just athletes are hooking up, dating or have a friend with benefits. All students need to learn that no means no and that everyone should be respected (both male and female).
If a group of math majors were hooking up all the time and one of them went too far and committed rape
would the dept head be held accountable?? Would all math majors be seen in a bad light? Would someone write a novel on mathletes and how dangerous they are? "MIssoula Math it don't add up!" A tell all of a calculating group of students! :D

There is no middle ground in America anymore, it is "we are right you are wrong" and neither side will listen
in today's society a meeting like this will go bad.

Mavman said:
I admire Hauck for doing this, I just don't see anything good coming from it for him.

Young men and women go off to college to get an education and experience life, part of that is to have relationships. Some relationships are for months others for a few hours. Many students not just athletes are hooking up, dating or have a friend with benefits. All students need to learn that no means no and that everyone should be respected (both male and female).
If a group of math majors were hooking up all the time and one of them went too far and committed rape
would the dept head be held accountable?? Would all math majors be seen in a bad light? Would someone write a novel on mathletes and how dangerous they are? "MIssoula Math it don't add up!" A tell all of a calculating group of students! :D

There is no middle ground in America anymore, it is "we are right you are wrong" and neither side will listen
Right on!

Mavman said:

Certainly not much middle ground on this forum
But there is some.

If you want people to listen to other sides, then it is best to model that behavior and, in the end, agree to disagree if that is how it ends.

I'm thinking Bobby will know how to be an example of how to stand firmly on what he believes without belittling anyone.

We'll see. I'm certainly not going to prejudge the outcome.

Back