• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TD New Contract Extension

I've seen some posts saying "Travis is waiting for the right PAC-12 job, not just any job". My question is do we know for a fact that he's looking to move up, or is it just speculation and fear? I know what I'm going to say next is also speculation, but what if Travis actually wants to stay at Montana for the long-haul like what Rob Selvig did with the Lady Griz? I do think we should be paying our coaches more money to help ensure that we can keep them here, but honestly a $175k base salary is a fantastic salary for the quality of life here in Montana.

get'em_griz said:
I've seen some posts saying "Travis is waiting for the right PAC-12 job, not just any job". My question is do we know for a fact that he's looking to move up, or is it just speculation and fear? I know what I'm going to say next is also speculation, but what if Travis actually wants to stay at Montana for the long-haul like what Rob Selvig did with the Lady Griz? I do think we should be paying our coaches more money to help ensure that we can keep them here, but honestly a $175k base salary is a fantastic salary for the quality of life here in Montana.

I am not sure how this last Cal HC search went, but I know for a fact that he was interested the 2 times prior.

get'em_griz said:
I've seen some posts saying "Travis is waiting for the right PAC-12 job, not just any job". My question is do we know for a fact that he's looking to move up, or is it just speculation and fear?

Talented young coaches don't have to "look" for opportunities. Universities who want them come knocking on their doors.

And don't think a 3-year deal at UM will dissuade interested schools from talking to Travis - they'll laugh at any buyout clause in his contract.

get'em_griz said:
A lot of truth to that. Very few places offer what we have here in Western Montana.

NativeGriz said:
A lot of truth to that. Very few places offer what we have here in Western Montana.
You mean, like lower paying jobs, companies paying people less because part of their "perks" is "getting to live in Montana" expensive housing, difficult (well, generally more expensive) to travel (fly) in and out of unless you're driving. :ugeek:

Sure. You're totally correct. :thumb:

PS - winter lasts here for 6 months. Don't tell anybody it is nice here. We're full. :mrgreen: :thumb:

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
NativeGriz said:
You mean, like lower paying jobs, companies paying people less because part of their "perks" is "getting to live in Montana" expensive housing, difficult (well, generally more expensive) to travel (fly) in and out of unless you're driving. :ugeek:

Sure. You're totally correct. :thumb:

PS - winter lasts here for 6 months. Don't tell anybody it is nice here. We're full. :mrgreen: :thumb:
No I was referring to the great skiing-some epic powder this year, hiking, snowshoeing, fishing. Week ago wed. was awesome full moon snowshoeing. Oh did I mention the fabulous mountain biking or Glacier Park or Flathead Lake.....Most of that is free. I'm in my mid 60s, I can only imagine how good it is for some of the younger people. I bet TD has his own "Montana is Awesome" list.

I have never understood why people post all of this.."he's not going anywhere....just signed an extension". How many time have we seen coaches sign an extension and then are gone. Sometimes they sign an extension with a higher base and also a higher buyout. This helps the schools losing the coach with cash. I hope Travis stays as I really believe he can continue to raise Montana Basketball.

putter said:
I have never understood why people post all of this.."he's not going anywhere....just signed an extension". How many time have we seen coaches sign an extension and then are gone. Sometimes they sign an extension with a higher base and also a higher buyout. This helps the schools losing the coach with cash. I hope Travis stays as I really believe he can continue to raise Montana Basketball.

What open jobs do you think have interest in Travis? The two most likely destinations filled their coaching positions. People are allowed to be excited, I don’t see Arizona swooping in anytime soon.

Back