• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Esteemed "Griz Gameday" Working Group??

PlayerRep said:
For me, how one plays the game is much more important than winning. Respecting the game, respecting the other team, competing and playing hard, preparing hard, enjoying sport.

It's not okay to cheat to win.

After the wins and losses are over, what one learned, one's friends from sport, and how one does in life will be much more important the wins (or losses).

I never understood that quote or view. Never made any sense to me.

Are you implying that Henry Russle Sanders or Vince Lombardi were cheaters?

grizpack said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Looks like there's some space for beer gardens in the "grassy knoll" areas to the southwest/southeast!

Except for that Champion's Center thing in the Southwest corner... :thumb:

D'oh!

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
For me, how one plays the game is much more important than winning. Respecting the game, respecting the other team, competing and playing hard, preparing hard, enjoying sport.

After the wins and losses are over, what one learned, one's friends from sport, and how one does in life will be much more important the wins (or losses).

No, never heard of them.

Beer gardens in each of the 4 corners of the stadium, with an expansion in the southwest corner.

When/if a new press box level is done, a large beer garden for the masses.

Beer sales in upper deck on east side.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

No, never heard of them.

Oh sorry, I thought you played the game.

BDizzle said:
Very good chance we see the Big Sky get broken into two conferences sooner rather than later. Another school or two may drop down. "

Do you have any more information pertaining to this subject, such as potential drops downs? Would it be New Mexico State, North Texas?

GlacierGrizX said:
BDizzle said:
Very good chance we see the Big Sky get broken into two conferences sooner rather than later. Another school or two may drop down. "

Do you have any more information pertaining to this subject, such as potential drops downs? Would it be New Mexico State, North Texas?
To carry this thought a bit further, if the Big Sky splits into two conferences, then I'm guessing this would force a conference championship game to determine our automatic entry into the playoffs. Right now we go directly from Griz-Cat game to playoffs, so we would have to eliminate one conference or non-conference game to allow for the conference championship game. Correct???

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

No, never heard of them.

Oh sorry, I thought you played the game.

I did play the game. Did you?

70Griz said:
GlacierGrizX said:
BDizzle said:

To carry this thought a bit further, if the Big Sky splits into two conferences, then I'm guessing this would force a conference championship game to determine our automatic entry into the playoffs. Right now we go directly from Griz-Cat game to playoffs, so we would have to eliminate one conference or non-conference game to allow for the conference championship game. Correct???

Two "conferences", or two "divisions" of one conference?

70Griz said:

Will never happen.

grizindabox said:
70Griz said:

Will never happen.

It can't happen, we were told so. I think it's FCS rules

70Griz said:
GlacierGrizX said:
BDizzle said:
Very good chance we see the Big Sky get broken into two conferences sooner rather than later. Another school or two may drop down.

The current rules don't allow for teams that play in a conference championship game to participate in the playoffs, so they'd have to either have 2 autobids, or find another way.

GlacierGrizX said:
BDizzle said:

NMSU is without a conference, being kicked out of the Sun Belt, like Idaho. Will be interesting to see how they operate independently and if they eventually drop-down or drop football altogether...

Sam A. Blitz said:
GlacierGrizX said:
BDizzle said:

NMSU is without a conference, being kicked out of the Sun Belt, like Idaho. Will be interesting to see how they operate independently and if they eventually drop-down or drop football altogether...

Hauck specifically mentioned NMSU.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Proud Griz Man said:
I like the idea of a beer garden on top of the CC, but doubt it will happen due to "liability reasons".
get'em_griz said:
How about a beer garden on top of the Champions Center? :thumb:

C_fV5rwXsAAtySB.jpg
The UM facilities shortfalls need to be remedied soon. My only complaint ( excluding traffic-bottlenecks) about WaGriz is the horrible restroom situation. I am not talking about a future potential situation where people stay in at halftime, and I am talking about present-day status. Just my opinion.

Beer sales in the stadium, as mentioned, the stadium doesn't have near the amount of concessions, bathrooms, and concourse areas to accommodate keeping 25,000+ people in it at halftimes. Add in the GSA tailgate is a big money maker for scholarships, which is vitally important. Don't expect this to happen, really. It sounds like they want to stay open for options/ideas on this, but there's some bigger complications to just not permitting re-entry and selling beer in the stadium.
If you think the traffic-bottlenecks are bad now, just wait until you see the shit-show the city council just made for game day.

Can you elaborate a bit more?

grzz said:
If you think the traffic-bottlenecks are bad now, just wait until you see the shit-show the city council just made for game day.

Can you elaborate a bit more?
[/quote]

5th and 6th Streets, the two one way streets, are going to be one lane for vehicles with an expanded bike lane. The decision was made in an effort to calm traffic. Yet council did not consider any other options for traffic calming. Picture the post-game traffic on campus drive headed out to 5th only to find one lane, then picture pedestrian traffic on Higgins, which halts cars from turning left. Extend that down to Orange, one car turning left halting for pedestrians, backing up vehicles all the way to Higgins.

Latest posts

Back