• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

the 'fly sweep' of of sales optimization

kemajic said:
Buttegrizzle said:
I’m not sure Delaney left the cupboard as full as you suggest. Stitt had a pretty good Montana connected staff and I think he had, in 2016, 3 QBs better than our current roster, including Reese Phillips who might have been the best since Johnson. I don’t know why people hate on him so much. Bobby bailed. Delaney came out of retirement as a placeholder. Stitt did ok, just not good enough. Christ, is not like he was Rob Ash or Cliff Hysell.
Did you ever meet the arrogant little prick?

I did. Albeit it was in Stocks the night of the NDSU victory….he was in GREAT spirits that night. :lol: :lol:

It was all downhill from there. :oops:

Guess it’s a good thing we don’t have an arrogant coach now. :lol: :lol: Whew!

I have golfed with Coach Stitt several times, he is a very down to earth guy, who is really good at what he does.

Azgriz said it best, don't see why the hatred, he won here like every coach does. Better than Delaney and Phen Phen. This place wouldn't know talent if it fell on their face and wiggled.

Yes I did. And I noted that, unlike some on the current staff he didn’t scream FBombs at the players constantly including at the spring game. He seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Special H said:
I have golfed with Coach Stitt several times, he is a very down to earth guy, who is really good at what he does.

Azgriz said it best, don't see why the hatred, he won here like every coach does. Better than Delaney and Phen Phen. This place wouldn't know talent if it fell on their face and wiggled.

I didn’t say that. And as an early supporter of the hire, I soured on him after witnessing the debacle in Greeley. That team was NOT ready to play. It was only a matter of time after that.

I don’t hate Stitt and the NDSU win was a blast.

But he ended up the quintessential believer in his own bullshit. I have missed about ten home games since 1993 and most of those were under Stitt after his first year. It was no fun to watch. He did not recruit well for defense, the QBs kept getting creamed because of the offensive scheme, and the Griz repeatedly failed going for it on fourth down when it was tactically sound to punt. So I stayed home to avoid enduring miserable games.

I wish Stitt the best in whatever does elsewhere. And I’m not skipping any games these days. Win-Win.

AZGrizFan said:
Special H said:

I didn’t say that. And as an early supporter of the hire, I soured on him after witnessing the debacle in Greeley. That team was NOT ready to play. It was only a matter of time after that.
I believe that Northern Colorado game was the exact moment I also lost faith...

Special H said:

I’ve golfed with Jimmy, the guy who retrieves the shopping carts at Walmart. Solid guy.

kemajic said:
Buttegrizzle said:
I’m not sure Delaney left the cupboard as full as you suggest. Stitt had a pretty good Montana connected staff and I think he had, in 2016, 3 QBs better than our current roster, including Reese Phillips who might have been the best since Johnson. I don’t know why people hate on him so much. Bobby bailed. Delaney came out of retirement as a placeholder. Stitt did ok, just not good enough. Christ, is not like he was Rob Ash or Cliff Hysell.

Which Coach are we talking about? I’m confused.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

I did. Albeit it was in Stocks the night of the NDSU victory….he was in GREAT spirits that night. :lol: :lol:

It was all downhill from there. :oops:

Guess it’s a good thing we don’t have an arrogant coach now. :lol: :lol: Whew!
To be fair, I also only met him once, and wasn't all that impressed with him after the interaction. Also heard from parents of Griz players in other sports that he was...very weird, at best.

That said, there's a difference between "I don't think he was a great coach for Montana" and "I'm going to follow him around, bring it up all the time on eGriz, and hope that he fails in everything he ever does again" like some other people in this thread.

Damn, get over it people! Hard to believe, carrying on hatred and or negativity towards former GRIZ coaches or players. This week alone, Roper and Stitt. They moved on with their lives. We should too.

Ironic, Stitt did bring us 2 dynamic WRs in Toure and Akem. Too bad, Toure left. Who are the other Stitt recruits still with the GRIZ? I'm guessing, a few more Srs.

mtgrizrule said:
Damn, get over it people! Hard to believe, carrying on hatred and or negativity towards former GRIZ coaches or players. This week alone, Roper and Stitt. They moved on with their lives. We should too.

Ironic, Stitt did bring us 2 dynamic WRs in Toure and Akem. Too bad, Toure left. Who are the other Stitt recruits still with the GRIZ? I'm guessing, a few more Srs.

Good post, Rule. Sincerely.

...the stitt green hat story...
...should be made into a movie...
...still got it..still like it..still wear it...

... :cool: ...

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
Man, it's wild to me how personally a lot of you took the fact that Stitt wasn't that good of a coach while he was here. Lots of spite in this thread for a guy that isn't even coaching anymore.

I just shake my head. It’s like he’s the ONLY coach who EVER didn’t have overwhelming success here. The personal hatred for him just baffles me.

Agreed. But there's a lot of energy on this board that is wasted by people w a chip on their shoulders for hard-to-fathom reasons.

Back