• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ty Gregorak on ESPN Roundtable

SoldierGriz said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
84GRIZ said:
No kidding. First 5 main articles on the website are about the Cats? What the hell!!!

Griz player interviews are only available after practice each day, which is between 4:30 and 5. I am on ESPN Radio from 4-6 every day. Pretty hard to have much content of substance besides Coach Hauck if you don't have interviews. There is no flexibility. That is the only time players are available and assistant coaches are not available.

Andrew Houghton, who covered the Griz for us the last two years, is now working at the Idaho State Journal covering ISU. I hired someone else to replace him but that fell through as that young scribe is instead working for Montana sports information as of this week. It's been a bit of a hectic week trying to navigate that storm plus Tootell being gone on vacation, meaning we have not had the Griz content I'd like. I hope to have a solution sooner than later. Thank you for the feedback! I will continue to interview Coach Hauck and post those interviews here in podcast form either on the Big Sky Breakdown or from the archived version of Tootell and Nuanez.
Thanks Colter for the excuse

FIFY

Stop being a dick.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Griz player interviews are only available after practice each day, which is between 4:30 and 5. I am on ESPN Radio from 4-6 every day. Pretty hard to have much content of substance besides Coach Hauck if you don't have interviews. There is no flexibility. That is the only time players are available and assistant coaches are not available.

Andrew Houghton, who covered the Griz for us the last two years, is now working at the Idaho State Journal covering ISU. I hired someone else to replace him but that fell through as that young scribe is instead working for Montana sports information as of this week. It's been a bit of a hectic week trying to navigate that storm plus Tootell being gone on vacation, meaning we have not had the Griz content I'd like. I hope to have a solution sooner than later. Thank you for the feedback! I will continue to interview Coach Hauck and post those interviews here in podcast form either on the Big Sky Breakdown or from the archived version of Tootell and Nuanez.

FIFY

Stop being a dick.

I will do what I want to do when I want to do it. You'll do nothing about it.

If you want to pay for a product that doesn't exist, then go ahead. These guys can't produce consistent Griz content, and they never have.

Next, you'll hear them say they need more subscribers to hire someone to produce Griz content...asking people to pay for a product they can't see. Crazy.

SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
RayWill said:

FIFY

Stop being a dick.

If you want to pay for a product that doesn't exist, then go ahead. These guys can't produce consistent Griz content, and they never have.

Next, you'll hear them say they need more subscribers to hire someone to produce Griz content...asking people to pay for a product they can't see. Crazy.

It is not the critic who counts. ... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly ... who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.

rivercat said:
SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Stop being a dick.

It is not the critic who counts. ... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly ... who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.

I'm having huckleberry pancakes. Mmmmmyum!

rivercat said:
SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Stop being a dick.

Yes. The blogger is the true hero. The blogger.

Why are there some people on here who continuously insist on being a dick to Colter? If you don't like his stuff, don't read it or pay for it.

Honestly, they have more cat stuff at times because Bill Lamberty gets that there is benefit to having mostly positive coverage from a somewhat non traditional media outlet. Meanwhile despite the fact that he has a daily radio show syndicated on TV statewide and produces more total content/air time than any reporter who doesn't work for UM, and the fact that the Big Sky conference routinely partners with him for coverage, Kent Haslam doesn't think Colter is a legitimate media member and that attitude trickles down through the athletic staff. The coaches feel differently, thankfully.

So maybe while you are all busy being keyboard warriors against someone actually trying to bring us more content, you could instead email Kent Haslem and encourage him to make it easier to cover our programs and student athletes...if MSU and NDSU can have their programs more press friendly, there is no excuse for UM not to. Meanwhile it is yet another example of MSU understanding the PR world head and shoulders above UM.

grzz said:
Why are there some people on here who continuously insist on being a dick to Colter? If you don't like his stuff, don't read it or pay for it.

Honestly, they have more cat stuff at times because Bill Lamberty gets that there is benefit to having mostly positive coverage from a somewhat non traditional media outlet. Meanwhile despite the fact that he has a daily radio show syndicated on TV statewide and produces more total content/air time than any reporter who doesn't work for UM, and the fact that the Big Sky conference routinely partners with him for coverage, Kent Haslam doesn't think Colter is a legitimate media member and that attitude trickles down through the athletic staff. The coaches feel differently, thankfully.

So maybe while you are all busy being keyboard warriors against someone actually trying to bring us more content, you could instead email Kent Haslem and encourage him to make it easier to cover our programs and student athletes...if MSU and NDSU can have their programs more press friendly, there is no excuse for UM not to. Meanwhile it is yet another example of MSU understanding the PR world head and shoulders above UM.

This is correct. While Colter is generally supposed to be neutral as a journalist, his Griz roots do shine through from time to time. Accusing him of being a cat fan is really stupid.

go96griz said:
grzz said:

This is correct. While Colter is generally supposed to be neutral as a journalist, his Griz roots do shine through from time to time. Accusing him of being a cat fan is really stupid.

No shit, guy is as big a griz homer as there is, he has picked the griz to win the last 3 Cat/fizz games :roll:

go96griz said:
grzz said:

I was not trying to bash on anyone to be clear. I was really liking some of the coverage he had. Through spring it was great work. Then it just died off. I as a paying customer was just curious why the shift. Colter gave his reasons and others piled on.

The.Real.2506 said:
go96griz said:
grzz said:

No shit, guy is as big a griz homer as there is, he has picked the griz to win the last 3 Cat/fizz games :roll:

Well I wish he would start picking you guys, maybe we'd start winning again. :lol: :lol:

1972 said:
The.Real.2506 said:
go96griz said:
grzz said:

Well I wish he would start picking you guys, maybe we'd start winning again. :lol: :lol:

Its the best chance you have :lol:

The.Real.2506 said:
1972 said:
The.Real.2506 said:
go96griz said:

Its the best chance you have :lol:

At this point we'll take it :lol:

RayWill said:
go96griz said:
grzz said:

I was not trying to bash on anyone to be clear. I was really liking some of the coverage he had. Through spring it was great work. Then it just died off. I as a paying customer was just curious why the shift. Colter gave his reasons and others piled on.

Did you get a refund? Getting what you paid for? Business 101 at UM.

SoldierGriz said:
RayWill said:
go96griz said:
grzz said:

Did you get a refund? Getting what you paid for? Business 101 at UM.

No as until about a week ago it was decent coverage for the price. However I will not be renewing.

If the perception is the coverage is +/- Griz or cats, so be it. Just watched the '97 Griz-cat game, again, and the words of former cat linebacker Cavanagh ring true: "In Montana, you're either a cat or a Griz, there's no in-between."

grzz said:

Maybe it’s the paywall thing ... for FCS content ... in 2019 ... just spitballing, here.

grzz said:

Nice post. Agreed.

SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
RayWill said:

FIFY

Stop being a dick.

Okay, keep being a deck. Free country.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Stop being a dick.

Okay, keep being a deck. Free country.

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1164041042334646272

Did 45 minutes to lead the show on the Griz today:

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-august-20-2019-hour-1-griz-football-big-sky-vs-missouri-valley-prep-extra/

Latest posts

Back