• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UC Davis to change Mascot to a cow

kemajic said:
The change is what's most puzzling.

Yeah, I can’t believe them. What nerve! I bet it’s mostly due to texting and watching too much of the boob tube.

brootgrizr said:
I'll be glad when football starts, philosophizing about other school's mascots doesn't cut it.

I’m afraid you may have an inflated sense of value of this board’s in-season posts.

They don't need a cow mascot, just the abbreviated form: Ronald McDonald, Mayor McCheese, Officer BigMac. Hamburger sales at away games should soar. It is claimed MdDonald stole the mascot anyway: :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdk8H981KmY

Mascots don't play football! Whatever. Its their business.
LOCAL NEWS
Holy Cow! UC Davis students vote to change mascot
by: Megan Camponovo

Posted: May 17, 2022 / 11:53 AM PDT

Updated: May 17, 2022 / 11:53 AM PDT

DAVIS, Calif. (KTXL) — University of California, Davis students officially voted to change their mascot from a mustang to a cow Monday.

Gunrock the Mustang has been the UC Davis mascot since the 1920’s, however, this is not the first time the mustang has been voted out. According to the UC Davis cow4mascot Instagram page, in 1993 students voted for the cow to become the official UC Davis mascot, but then Chancellor Theodore L. Hullar and the administration rejected the decision.

UC Davis police celebrate Pride with special patches
“Everything else is pretty honestly up in the air as of right now. We got 73% in favor of the vote with for of 2,532 votes and against of 936 votes,” said Mick Hashimoto, the founder and chief of staff for the Make UC Davis Mascot a Cow campaign.

ADVERTISING

At 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, there will be a meeting with the Cal Aggie Alumni Association and if that meeting is successful, it will then move to an administration decision.

“We have no idea what the administration stance is. We are worried they may ignore the vote as they have in the past due to possible athletics department pressure and/or alumni pressure,” said Hashimoto.

Latest posts

Back