• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2019 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Griz90 said:
Sidney's Carter Hughes will not be playing football in college. He is fielding scholarship offers as a track and field athlete and will take one of them, possibly in the FBS.

Yup...doesn't me he still shouldn't be listed as a good football prospect on the offensive line this fall.

I believe the Bobcats got a commitment from OL Holden Sampson (Helena High) today on the final day of the Cats Team Camp. He's my #1 offensive lineman in the state this year. Bobcat family so no real surprise. Anyway, here is what I wrote about him back in February:

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?p=1299210#p1299210

Curious to know what Lonergan will do, I see he just got an offer from the cats, his sister played at Msu and then transferred to UM which way will he go?

grizfan1984 said:
Curious to know what Lonergan will do, I see he just got an offer from the cats, his sister played at Msu and then transferred to UM which way will he go?

Caitlin quit the UM basketball team this spring and last I heard she was going to just focus on school...possibly back at MSU. As for Ryan, both teams want him at TE and he has a high ceiling at the position. A natural receiver who really just needs to get stronger and become a better blocker.

VimSince03 said:
I believe the Bobcats got a commitment from OL Holden Sampson (Helena High) today on the final day of the Cats Team Camp. He's my #1 offensive lineman in the state this year. Bobcat family so no real surprise. Anyway, here is what I wrote about him back in February:

Bobcat family? In what way?

getgrizzy said:
VimSince03 said:

Read that thread I posted above. Shaun Sampson is his cousin who was an All-Big Sky center for the Cats during the McGhee years.

VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
VimSince03 said:

Read that thread I posted above. Shaun Sampson is his cousin who was an All-Big Sky center for the Cats during the McGhee years.

Any insight to the other Bozeman guys? Simpson and Olson, are they bobcat fans? Also do you think Dixon will stay instate or go out of state, his brother is at Utah now.

grizfan1984 said:
VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
VimSince03 said:

Any insight to the other Bozeman guys? Simpson and Olson, are they bobcat fans? Also do you think Dixon will stay instate or go out of state, his brother is at Utah now.

I do not know about Simpson or Olson's fandom. I think its natural to assume kids from either Bozeman or Missoula grew up cheering for the hometown college team at one point or another. But when they start to get recruited for college, things can change...fast. Simpson is in the mix as one of the Top 5 receivers in a deep group of pass catchers in the 2019 Montana Recruit class. His height obviously stands out and he played well against top competition last year. Joe is a player with good versatility as he is getting recruited on both sides of the ball. Still unsure about what offer these two will eventually garner from both in-state schools.

As far as Dixon, if he stays in Montana and plays football for one of the two in-state FCS schools, I would be very surprised.

grizfan1984 said:
VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
VimSince03 said:

what's dixons' brother name?

braves84 said:
grizfan1984 said:
VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:

Travon Dixon used to play CB for the scats but transferred out and is now playing for University of Utah. His younger brother is the top prospect this year Chrishon Dixon (Plays for Billings Central) probably will end up going out of state also, also their is a younger brother I believe who will be very good. Vim I know its very very early but any insight to top players for 2020, top 3 guys I've looked at so far are:
1. Carson Rostad QB Hamilton
2. Demarcus Carr RB Billings West
3. Tommy Mellott QB Glacier
Any others to keep an eye on?

VimSince03 said:

He’s like 6’2” right? I think he’d have to play center almost at the FCS level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
VimSince03 said:

He’s like 6’2” right? I think he’d have to play center almost at the FCS level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6'3". Center, either guard spot, or right tackle.

grizfan1984 said:
braves84 said:
grizfan1984 said:
VimSince03 said:

Travon Dixon used to play CB for the scats but transferred out and is now playing for University of Utah. His younger brother is the top prospect this year Chrishon Dixon (Plays for Billings Central) probably will end up going out of state also, also their is a younger brother I believe who will be very good. Vim I know its very very early but any insight to top players for 2020, top 3 guys I've looked at so far are:

Wasn't that Trevon Strong that you're referring to who was a Cats CB who left and went to Utah?

grizfan1984 said:
braves84 said:
grizfan1984 said:
VimSince03 said:

Aaron Richards DL Butte Central

https://twitter.com/tgradney7/status/1009936695704236032

Not very often does the state of Montana produce any FCS talent at defensive back. But Dixon and Gradney are Top 10 talents on my board and both excel at corner. Trevin is a smooth operator in the secondary with good technique and instincts. His ball skills are solid and he can cover the field well with his speed. He can run sub 50 second 400m which translates to being able to run with receivers down field. Anyway, Top 10 talent who may be higher on my board when its all said and done. I felt he deserved 1st-Team All-State honors at cornerback last year but he ended up on the 2nd-Team.

https://twitter.com/Jeezus3/status/1010199400407183360

Another Billings West Golden Bear gets an offer from Montana. I'm not as high on Jesse as Howard is but he can play any of the three main WR positions. Also could convert into a corner. Has decent speed. Reminds me a lot of Karl Tucker (currently a junior RB/WR for the Cats). They have similar high school tape from the WR position.

garizzalies said:
Jaxon Lee WR Granite

I believe Jaxon will only be a junior this upcoming year. I watched him play three times last year and he's legit. I felt he was easily the best player on the field and that's saying something as he played with Colton Grange (going to Tech and was MVP of Class C All Star game) and both Riley Allen & Colby Manley (who are both in top 50).

Back