• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WAC Looking to Start FCS Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
People keep mentioning this "Grand Forks" place like it actually exists when most people know it's just a fictional town made up for the Twilight series of novels.

Funny how Griz football teams travel to GF and proceed to get their butts kicked by fictional characters.

Funny how the same thing happens with those fictional characters travel to Missoula.

Jaredkuehn said:
UNDfan said:
kemajic said:
UNDfan said:
Texas travel is worse because no Montanas go there. Texas is now the California escape from high taxes. Montana is so expensive to fly too because it is a bumfvck no-where, contrary to your own thoughts.
If Montana is "a bumfvck no-where" what is Grand Forks, ND, the air travel hub of North America?
UND is an official trainer of pilots for multiple airlines such as Delta, United, Sun Country which have offer guaranteed jobs now for grads with a B average. The pilot training program is the best outside the military and airlines are having a severe pilot crunch so enrollment kejeps rising. The Aerospace school is skyrocketing in enrollment because student want those jobs. Aerospace is one of the reasons that UND is only 40% North Dakotan, with Minnesota reciprocity the other. Before it was the engineering and business schools that really saw a massive enrollment increase because of the Bakken. The Areospace school is also a world leader in Unmanned Areonautical Vehicles, with a 1000 jobs being formed and several thousand more to come. A whole industry is being birthed and UND and Grand Forks are at the center of it. Liberal arts are still seeing a decline like U in Missoula.

Grand Forks has one of the busiest airports in the country for small planes with all the practice pilots taking off and landing as even air traffic control personnel are trained there with degrees. There are no mountains to worry the student pilot.

Try again.
Is that why sports teams fly into Fargo and bus up to Grand Forks?
No flights to Salt Lake or Denver, but somehow 8000 UND hockey fans made it to Las Vegas this past weekend to pulverize Minnesota. Before that 10,000 went to Madison Square Garden to see UND beat BC.

Guesss they can afford flights to Minneapolis, Phoenix or Las Vegas.

Next signature game is in Nashville against Penn State.

AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
People keep mentioning this "Grand Forks" place like it actually exists when most people know it's just a fictional town made up for the Twilight series of novels.

Funny how Griz football teams travel to GF and proceed to get their butts kicked by fictional characters.

Funny how the same thing happens with those fictional characters travel to Missoula.

Like UCDavis? :D

UNDfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sacramento isn’t a fictional place like GF. :thumb: Try and keep up.

AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:

But Portland had a fictional FG kicker that absolutely ruined the Griz’s fictional season. Gotcha.

UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Montana is 15-9-1 vs. UND and 5-3 in Grand Forks, so help us understand your unjustified swagger. There must be fictional characters swirling around in your head.

UNDfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

But Portland had a fictional FG kicker that absolutely ruined the Griz’s fictional season. Gotcha.
Was the Weber team that ruined yours in Grand Forks fictional?

UNDfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Portland isn’t a fictional place either. You’re really not very good at this, are you?

AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:

Portland isn’t a fictional place either. You’re really not very good at this, are you?
Having to imagine a fictional Griz unbeaten season is the only thing that keeps eGriz sane. So painful have to quell it with opioids after believing Hauck was the messiah. Gotcha.

I think what's happening here is that the little brother bug is rubbing off a bit farther east...
yes, yes I know und has a winning record vs ndsu, but it's D2 stuff. Now that they are adults, they are basically the older brother getting taken by the younger brother.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46464699/sources-dixie-state-to-go-division-i-will-join-the-western-athletic-conference

Looks like Dixie St to the WAC and FCS Independent is happening. Gives conference teams another western OOC game opportunity. Should also worry Weber, SUU, and NAU, especially SUU which is less than an hour away. This will basically destroy SUU. Dixie St has good facilities (better football and basketball than half the Big Sky) as well as a lot of other things that should make them successful at the D1 level.

SWeberCat02 said:
https://www.ksl.com/article/46464699/sources-dixie-state-to-go-division-i-will-join-the-western-athletic-conference

Looks like Dixie St to the WAC and FCS Independent is happening. Gives conference teams another western OOC game opportunity. Should also worry Weber, SUU, and NAU, especially SUU which is less than an hour away. This will basically destroy SUU. Dixie St has good facilities (better football and basketball than half the Big Sky) as well as a lot of other things that should make them successful at the D1 level.

Interesting. I wonder how long they'll go Independent before they try to join a conference. And at that point, I would hope that the Big Sky will just split and Dixie State would join that new conference.

From what I could briefly find, Dixie State had their first winning season in 2016 in at least 10 years, according to their athletics website.

Here's Dixie State's football stadium:
image_handler.aspx

Mockup of upgrades to stadium announced in 2016. Not sure about the progress on this:
Legend-stadium-ctsy-DSU-FI.jpg

Renovation of the football stadium was completed this past summer, expanding seating to 10,000. Basketball is a nice facility that seats 4,800.

image_handler.aspx

They didn't renew their Head Coach's contract and went with new blood (previous HC of JUCO Snow College) to see them through the transition process too.

kemajic said:
UNDfan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
UNDfan said:
This is just a smokescreen by the WAC to cover for the Big Sky so Big Sky fans don't go apesh*t like on here. But the Big Sky will need more schools when Cal Poly, UCDAVIS and Sac State head toward an FBS WAC and the Griz, Kitties, Spuds and Weber go to an FBS Summit. But I'm just an idiot here among all these profoundly bright Griz fans.

Dixie St wants to be in the Big Sky with SUU and NAU. But the Montanas and Idaho don't want to claim them so the WAC fabricates a story. Ditto for CWU wanting EWU and Metro St wanting UNC and Azusa Pacific wanting the Big Sky for fb.

Montana Presidents are allergic to Texas and the Cali schools aren't.

The WAC and Big Sky and Summit are working together and are not rivals. The Summit has thrown to together mbb challenges against each for the first time.
Ummmm ya think? Travel distance is bad enough to NAU or SUU and recently bumfvck no-where North Dakota.
Texas travel is worse because no Montanas go there. Texas is now the California escape from high taxes. Montana is so expensive to fly too because it is a bumfvck no-where, contrary to your own thoughts.
If Montana is "a bumfvck no-where" what is Grand Forks, ND, the air travel hub of North America?

A pimple on the ass cheek of Montana.

AZGrizFan said:
Wow. Was CERTAIN this thread was started by the UND guy. lol
I thought this was really funny and then I saw the UND guy post which I found even funnier. Then I read the UND guy's post and my humor faded really quickly.

Griz59911 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Wow. Was CERTAIN this thread was started by the UND guy. lol
I thought this was really funny and then I saw the UND guy post which I found even funnier. Then I read the UND guy's post and my humor faded really quickly.

Yup.

UNDfan said:
kemajic said:
UNDfan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Ummmm ya think? Travel distance is bad enough to NAU or SUU and recently bumfvck no-where North Dakota.
UND is an official trainer of pilots for multiple airlines such as Delta, United, Sun Country which have offer guaranteed jobs now for grads with a B average. The pilot training program is the best outside the military and airlines are having a severe pilot crunch so enrollment kejeps rising. The Aerospace school is skyrocketing in enrollment because student want those jobs. Aerospace is one of the reasons that UND is only 40% North Dakotan, with Minnesota reciprocity the other. Before it was the engineering and business schools that really saw a massive enrollment increase because of the Bakken. The Areospace school is also a world leader in Unmanned Areonautical Vehicles, with a 1000 jobs being formed and several thousand more to come. A whole industry is being birthed and UND and Grand Forks are at the center of it. Liberal arts are still seeing a decline like U in Missoula.

Grand Forks has one of the busiest airports in the country for small planes with all the practice pilots taking off and landing as even air traffic control personnel are trained there with degrees. There are no mountains to worry the student pilot.

Try again.

You should try again. Grand Forks is expensive and a pain in the ass to fly into. I know all about your pilot program and small airplane crap. That is not commercial or charter flights. I flew into Grand Forks twice a month for 4 years. Not that busy. You can fly to basically one place out of Grand Forks, Minneapolis. Then take at least one more flight from there to get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back