• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WBB vs. Washington State

MTbest said:
Most teams have at least 1-2 players who prove themselves as double digit shooters, most all of the time. If they are not open, they create shots, I just don't see this with the LGriz....yet.

Libby Stump does a fairly decent job of creating her own shot, if you will call it that. Dribble penetrate with a pull-up fade away jump shot, averaging nearly nine points a game coming off the bench.

MTbest said:
Ok, preseason moves onward, the usual mix of big/small school competition. We have a lot of talent banked up, and this team should look good for conference play. But one thing must change, and is a question for me. Just my opinion, we do not have consistent high scorers (other than Gfeller). Is this talent, coaching, or what? Most teams have at least 1-2 players who prove themselves as double digit shooters, most all of the time. If they are not open, they create shots, I just don't see this with the LGriz....yet.
Fatkin and Marxen are very capable of stepping up as consistent high scorers. Marxen is shooting 30% from the floor and Fatkin 39% -- those numbers both the have potential to improve a lot IMO.

Lady Griz have played a pretty tough schedule thus far -- average opponent NET ranking is 116 (second in the Big Sky) and still have NET #20 on the schedule. Two losses to Wichita and NDSU are killers.

Right now Sac State and Montana State are probably the best two teams in the Big Sky. With the talent the Lady Griz have, they'll definitely continue to improve.

OregonStateFan said:
MTbest said:
Ok, preseason moves onward, the usual mix of big/small school competition. We have a lot of talent banked up, and this team should look good for conference play. But one thing must change, and is a question for me. Just my opinion, we do not have consistent high scorers (other than Gfeller). Is this talent, coaching, or what? Most teams have at least 1-2 players who prove themselves as double digit shooters, most all of the time. If they are not open, they create shots, I just don't see this with the LGriz....yet.
Fatkin and Marxen are very capable of stepping up as consistent high scorers. Marxen is shooting 30% from the floor and Fatkin 39% -- those numbers both the have potential to improve a lot IMO.

Lady Griz have played a pretty tough schedule thus far -- average opponent NET ranking is 116 (second in the Big Sky) and still have NET #20 on the schedule. Two losses to Wichita and NDSU are killers.

Right now Sac State and Montana State are probably the best two teams in the Big Sky. With the talent the Lady Griz have, they'll definitely continue to improve.

Seems like E Wash should be up there in the top BSC teams too. They won against some good competition, and their 2 losses are to good teams.

Here's how the Big Sky shakes down as of Dec. 7th in the NCAA 2022 D1 Women's Basketball RPI. Games vs. non-D1 schools are not counted. Strength of schedule is reflected in the numerical ranking. The first number is for this week, the second number is for "previous rank," from last week.

102 -- 91 Sacramento St. Big Sky 6-2
138 -- 139 Northern Ariz. Big Sky 3-5
141 -- 143 Northern Colo. Big Sky 4-2
145 -- 141 Eastern Wash. Big Sky 2-2
172 -- 173 Montana St. Big Sky 4-4
186 -- 183 Idaho St. Big Sky 3-4
242 -- 242 Montana Big Sky 1-5
252 -- 232 Idaho Big Sky 2-5
265 -- 269 Portland St. Big Sky 3-3
292 -- 299 Weber St. Big Sky 4-5

Back