• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber Roll Call

We are officially going now!

+2 for me and my wife, and I know there are an additional 7 of our NEZ crew that are going as well, so there'll be 9 of us in Ogden!

Go Griz!!

Griz til I die said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Nice! Where you skiing?
Haven’t totally decided yet but we’re leaning Snowbird

Cool. Keep an eye on the weather forecast and road conditions. That canyon gets hairy during storms and sometimes they'll close it. Wouldn't want to get stuck up there and miss the game.
Thanks for the heads up, but don’t worry. The priority of this trip is the game. If the weather takes a turn for the worst, I’ll sit in the hotel room all day if I have to. :thumb: :thumb:

Or ski Snowbasin. It's easy to get to and you shouldn't have any problems getting to or from there, even in a storm. Plus it's much closer to Weber St.

Griz til I die said:
Headed down Thursday afternoon and am gonna ski before the game Friday.

I am doing the same thing, but leaving thursday morning. Also will be skiing the day after the game.

tmiller1537 said:
This might be a weird request, but would anybody be willing to pick up an extra Griz fan for their road trip? My buddy and I were going to go but he bailed. I still want to go but not take the trip by myself. If you know of anyone that would want to go or has room for one more please let me know.

https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84626

Son and I headed down, along with several friends. Since there’s no Griz tailgate, we were thinking of just a pregame parking lot party?

Hammer said:
Son and I headed down, along with several friends. Since there’s no Griz tailgate, we were thinking of just a pregame parking lot party?

Us too... SWebercat, are there any "rules" we should be aware of for tailgating in the pay lot by the stadium?

SWeberCat02 said:
BigPapa406 said:
SWeberCat02 said:
BleacherCreature said:
I used to ski at Powder Mountain and would stop at a place about halfway up Ogden Canyon called The Oaks for breakfast. It's right on the Ogden River and had some good breakfast food. Might be worth checking out.

Another place that is popular with locals is Maddox Family Restaurant. They are a little north of Ogden on Hwy 89. If you are interested in great Chinese food, about 30 miles south of Ogden is a restaurant called Mandarin. It is the best Chinese food I've ever had.

The Oaks has closed down. Maddox and Mandarin are both good suggestions. I would highly recommend reservations for both, or Maddox has a drive-in with limited menu. As far as places closer to the stadium, check out Historic 25th St and the surrounding area in downtown Ogden. There isn't a huge tailgate scene, especially on a Friday. School is still in session so you wouldn't be able to park near the stadium without a permit until a few hours before kickoff anyway. Also, important to note that no outside food or drink is permitted in the stadium and no reentry is allowed. Enjoy the trip.

SWeberCat02 would it be better to Uber to the game? Got a motel off of I-15. And is Northern Exposure still in operation? Haven't been there in 20 years. Just want to see if my membership is still valid.

There's usually plenty of parking on campus or along the streets to the south of the stadium. Or, they run a shuttle from the Dee Events Center where you can park as well. There is a pay lot adjacent to the stadium to the north. Think the cost is $10. Guess you could UBER but parking usually isn't a problem.

I'm no expert on strip clubs :D but I believe Nothern Exposure is shut down. There's a Southern Exposure in SLC. Maybe they'll honor your membership.

Thank you very much for the info. Hope it is a great game. No injuries and everyone has a good time.

grzz said:
Hammer said:

Us too... SWebercat, are there any "rules" we should be aware of for tailgating in the pay lot by the stadium?

No rules I know of. I did some tailgating last week and a group next to us were drinking some. I think it's officially a dry campus but as long as you keep it low key and don't cause any problems you should be just fine if you want to drink. I've seen RVs in the lot and last week someone was cooking Dutch oven. So just be cool and you're good. With the game being on Friday probably don't expect to get into the lot much before 2 or 3 hours prior. Might not be a bad idea to call the Weber St police department and ask them if you have questions or concerns. Have a good trip. Hope to bump into some of ya.

SWeberCat02 said:
grzz said:
Hammer said:

No rules I know of. I did some tailgating last week and a group next to us were drinking some. I think it's officially a dry campus but as long as you keep it low key and don't cause any problems you should be just fine if you want to drink. I've seen RVs in the lot and last week someone was cooking Dutch oven. So just be cool and you're good. With the game being on Friday probably don't expect to get into the lot much before 2 or 3 hours prior. Might not be a bad idea to call the Weber St police department and ask them if you have questions or concerns. Have a good trip. Hope to bump into some of ya.

I mean as long as a meals involved/purchased with our booze should be no problem with the PD right, I'll bring my receipt?! 😂😂😂 Sorry had too.

Yeah don't go asking the PD about drinking. What I meant was mainly about when you can get into the lot. Could be tricky with it being Friday and school still in. Actually it's finals week. Pretty strict parking permit rules on campus during the day.

SWeberCat02 said:
Yeah don't go asking the PD about drinking. What I meant was mainly about when you can get into the lot. Could be tricky with it being Friday and school still in. Actually it's finals week. Pretty strict parking permit rules on campus during the day.

Just a little sarcasm, should be a good trip for everyone. Parking might be a little tight for sure but it is a pretty late game hope things aren't too congested

floridagriz15 said:
SWeberCat02 said:

Just a little sarcasm, should be a good trip for everyone. Parking might be a little tight for sure but it is a pretty late game hope things aren't too congested

:thumb: I gotcha. I know Utah alcohol laws are certainly different. But one thing that has changed recently is 5% beer.

SWeberCat02 said:
floridagriz15 said:
SWeberCat02 said:

:thumb: I gotcha. I know Utah alcohol laws are certainly different. But one thing that has changed recently is 5% beer.

I did see that, progress is always good. First time I had a beer in SLC other then the airport, had to ask the tender wtf was wrong with my Budweiser haha

floridagriz15 said:
SWeberCat02 said:

My ticket says there are shuttle busses from the Dee Event Center. Gates open 1 1/2 hours before kickoff.

Back