• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What do you consider Eastern Montana

What do you consider Eastern Montana

• Everything east of the divide.

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Everything east of the Rocky Mountain Front.

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Everything east of Bozeman.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Everything east of 11 miles west of Lewiston, the geographical center of Montana.

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Everything east of Billings.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Everything east of Miles City.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Everything east of Glendive.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everything east of Wibaux.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There is no eastern Montana, it’s actually western North Dakota.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Bobcats suck.

Votes: 66 65.3%
  • Western North Dakota sucks.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • All of North Dakota sucks.

Votes: 47 46.5%

• Total voters
kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
The designation of Eastern Montana College was because there is no other four year college east of Billings.
I have stated my position based on the geology of the area, the demographics of the area, the economy of the area and yes there is an occasional rodeo help in Montana's Exhibition Recreation and Trade Arena, aka The METRA.
Claiming everything east of Lewistown ignores the designation of Central Montana.
And yes, one poster stated everything east of Lewsiton, ID making all of Montana eastern.
Ask someone from the communities in eastern Montana if Billings is indeed part of the east and they will likely respond no.
Maybe Billings should follow Butte's example ( I can't believe I actually said that ) and say Billings, America?
The hub of the Inland Empire, not the hub of Eastern MT.
Billings is the hub of the Midland Empire of Eastern Montana.

MikeyGriz said:
3-7-77 said:
Montana history. Fascinating. Just wondering how many of you out there had the pleasure of K. Ross Toole's 'Montana and the West' class? There has to be a shit load of you. Class was in the Music Building auditorium. All seats were taken and the isles were shoulder to shoulder, SRO to say the least.

When I took the class, there were over 1000 in the class. The rumor was, Toole was retiring and this would be the last one. There were only about 7000 total enrollment at that time. Great class by a great professor. Still have his signed books in my collection.

I took the class, a most entertaining lecturer. I had the chance to ask another historian, Dr. Rollins, head of EMC's history department, about K Ross Tolle. He liked the guy but didn't think much of him as an historian. Said he tended to pass off "legend" as fact, much the same as newspaper writers romanticizing the "Wild West" in the 1800's. I thought his books were great reads.

Well, after this past week, I think Eastern Montana will look a lot like Southern and South Central Montana, at least along the Yellowstone River. A little bit beat up and muddy, but still...may give Miles City, Glendive, and Sidney some class.

Spanky2 said:
kemajic said:
The hub of the Inland Empire, not the hub of Eastern MT.

I think that's right. If you're about a 15-hour drive from the nearest saltwater, I don't think you're in the Inland Empire. Also, don't order the sushi.

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:

I think that's right. If you're about a 15-hour drive from the nearest saltwater, I don't think you're in the Inland Empire. Also, don't order the sushi.

Or the lobster. Or the shrimp.

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:

You can get good fresh seafood anywhere in America today. You know that CDA. You're better than that.

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You can get good fresh seafood anywhere in America today. You know that CDA. You're better than that.

Not like on the coast. It’s different. I’m back and forth from the gulf coast a couple times a year and there’s an obvious difference.

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:

:lol: I’ll allow it.

Back