• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What happened to the burner twitter account thread?

They shut it down so people would quit sh itting on a kid who may not have done anything. The right thing to do.

dupuyer griz said:
They shut it down so people would quit sh itting on a kid who may not have done anything. The right thing to do.

Not at all accurate, but let's just say the thread got moved to a different forum because there are extremely thoughtful and kind GRIZ fans in this world.

dupuyer griz said:

100% accurate. No proof it was his. Typical eGriz drama, jumping to conclusions. Far more likely it was a troll that did some careful planning.

Let’s move on.

Brint what’s up with you and drama with Cat players during brawl week? :lol:

The rest of you are thin skinned and tried to huff and puff your way into blowing this kids house down

I think it’s much more likely we have a lot of old posters that don’t understand how twitter or burner accounts work so they just write it off to a troll posting but in reality they have no idea how often things like this occur in the landscape of social media.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I think it’s much more likely we have a lot of old posters that don’t understand how twitter or burner accounts work so they just write it off to a troll posting but in reality they have no idea how often things like this occur in the landscape of social media.

Exactly. It was very obvious that it was his and he got caught out.

Da Boyz Mom said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

It appeared as though the person who had the burner account had it for the sole purpose of trolling a team and coaching staff and it’s players. Said person then scored his first touchdown as a bubby and wanted to post about it to his real twitter, and so posted directly from his phone, forgetting that he was still logged into the darn burner account. An attempt at damage control was made, posts were all deleted and a statement was pinned to the top of the burner account basically stating that it’s not what you all think. Again, if this was just a troll trying to mess with a kid, that is one elaborate ass way to go about it, but then why go scorched earth on the account and issue a statement like that? Why not just come out with your true identity to clear it all up? It’s not like the account was posting racist or bigoted stuff, this time around.

There is absolutely no doubt about who's fake account it was. Any suggestion that that is why the thread was moved is completely inaccurate.

Counter Assault said:
I’ve been off the grid hunting. Can someone please catch me up to speed what occurred here?

There was an anonymous troll account called FCS Fanatic

https://x.com/fanaticfcs17781?s=21&t=uXX1eQdIMjM3SGLaLOryeg

The sole purpose of this account was to anonymously troll the UM football program, it’s staff and players. After the bobcat game Saturday the account holder accidentally posted a vid of Zac crews scoring his first touchdown as a bobcat, and thanked the bobcat program and staff for the opportunity. Shortly after the post was made, it was removed, but too late, it had already been noticed, screen shot, and spread throughout the Griz twitter community. Ostensibly it was a burner account for Zac crews, and before posting his thanks to the team and coaches he forgot to log out of the burner account and log back into his personal twitter, which had been dormant for quite some time. After the debacle some damage control was attempted and all of the posts by FCSFanatic were removed and the account holder pinned this tweet.

https://x.com/fanaticfcs17781/status/1723825861994967118?s=46&t=uXX1eQdIMjM3SGLaLOryeg

Needless to say, not many believe the account holder

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

It appeared as though the person who had the burner account had it for the sole purpose of trolling a team and coaching staff and it’s players. Said person then scored his first touchdown as a bubby and wanted to post about it to his real twitter, and so posted directly from his phone, forgetting that he was still logged into the darn burner account. An attempt at damage control was made, posts were all deleted and a statement was pinned to the top of the burner account basically stating that it’s not what you all think. Again, if this was just a troll trying to mess with a kid, that is one elaborate ass way to go about it, but then why go scorched earth on the account and issue a statement like that? Why not just come out with your true identity to clear it all up? It’s not like the account was posting racist or bigoted stuff, this time around.

Right. If it were a troll. Assuming a Griz fan. It would have been a Griz fan that just spends the majority of their time completely blasting the Griz and waiting for the unlikely moment that the defensive player he was trolling scored a Touchdown.

If that’s the case that troll is playing some 5D mind chess and has a crystal ball.

dupuyer griz said:

You have either got to be high as a kite or dumb as a post to believe he had nothing to do with it. Some of you people amaze me. That you can find your way on to the internet alone is something to cheer about.

RobGriz said:
dupuyer griz said:

You have either got to be high as a kite or dumb as a post to believe he had nothing to do with it. Some of you people amaze me. That you can find your way on to the internet alone is something to cheer about.

I couldn't agree with you more. And with your signature!

Back