• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why doesn't the Ncaa ban fans from the conf tourneys?

PlayerRep

If the virus is so huge, why doesn't the ncaa ban fans from the conference tourneys going on now?

What if someone got a mild cough during a conf tourney? What if they tested positive?

PlayerRep said:
If the virus is so huge, why doesn't the ncaa ban fans from the conference tourneys going on now?

What if someone got a mild cough during a conf tourney? What if they tested positive?

You mean like Fred Hoiberg and the Nebraska team currently quarantined in a locker room?

AZGrizFan said:
My guess is because most of them have fewer than 250 fans in attendance anyways....

Exactly. The BSC winner will have the advantage in the tourney as they will play to virtually no one anyway.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

You mean like Fred Hoiberg and the Nebraska team currently quarantined in a locker room?

Holberg has the flu. Influenza A. Overreact much?

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

The one thing about NCAA officials, school officials, local elected officials etc.. in regards to this situation is that they will be heavily criticized for either over-reacting or under-reacting. They just need to go with recommendations of health care providers and experts and live with the criticism. PS Another Utah Jazz player (Donovan Mitchell) tested positive. I see a real possibility the NCAA follows the NBA on this. Which would be very unfortunate.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

But that still makes it worth having a team sit in locker room wondering if they have been exposed during what is now labeled as a pandemic? It is only a matter of time, and the NCAA will cancel.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

But that still makes it worth having a team sit in locker room wondering if they have been exposed during what is now labeled as a pandemic? It is only a matter of time, and the NCAA will cancel.

No, it's just another example of an overreaction. Every time a coach or player coughs, gets a fever, or gets the flu, the team shouldn't be kept in the locker room,. That's my point.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

No, it's just another example of an overreaction. Every time a coach or player coughs, gets a fever, or gets the flu, the team shouldn't be kept in the locker room,. That's my point.

And that is why it will eventually be cancelled

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

And that is why it will eventually be cancelled

Any reaction will be considered an overreaction! Siding on safety of players and spectators is not an overreaction, especially when there are so many unanswered questions! Testing needs to increase, and until then, the NCAA will have no choice but to shut the tournament down! Moving toward a political argument on this thread!

If your statements on this topic are informed by politics rather than expertise on public health issues, you’re doing it wrong.

mtgriz said:
If your statements on this topic are informed by politics rather than expertise on public health issues, you’re doing it wrong.

My views have zero to do with politics. Absolutely, zero.

Factors in addition to views by public health officials need to be taken into account. The economy.
The well-being of people other than health related to the virus. And others.

If health/safety were the only factor for driving cars, no cars would be allowed. They kill a lot of people.

Besides date, experience and intellect, common sense is also necessary.

rocklobster said:
grizindabox said:
... And that is why it will eventually be cancelled
Any reaction will be considered an overreaction! Siding on safety of players and spectators is not an overreaction, especially when there are so many unanswered questions! Testing needs to increase, and until then, the NCAA will have no choice but to shut the tournament down! Moving toward a political argument on this thread!
Getting closer: News just now popped up that most, if not all, of the power-5 conference tournaments have been cancelled.

grizindabox said:
And common sense to me would be to err on the side of caution.
One commentator floated the suggestion that the big tournament be postponed. Seems reasonable to me ... buy some time to learn more about how the virus is really going to spread (or not) in this country. Would be a lot of disruption, but it's never bad to learn more when the stakes could be high.

IdaGriz01 said:
grizindabox said:
One commentator floated the suggestion that the big tournament be postponed. Seems reasonable to me ... buy some time to learn more about how the virus is really going to spread (or not) in this country. Would be a lot of disruption, but it's never bad to learn more when the stakes could be high.

That might be the best route.

UncleRico said:
IdaGriz01 said:
grizindabox said:

That might be the best route.

:thumb:

All this trouble for what the president says is a hoax, fake news, and a plot by Dems to get him.

Latest posts

Back