• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WWYD??

I’m on record saying Hauck is going to have real trouble getting the ship righted here. He is a good recruiter and under the right circumstances gets a lot out of his players. But I think he is a terrible coach if you are talking about inspiring a team that has low morale. His style of brow beating players is not going to work with someone else’s recruits. The only thing he knows is pro-style offense with dominant athletes. We don’t have that on this team.
I have no faith the Hauck will change but he does not have the O-line to run his style of offense. He needs to utilize what we do have. We have plenty of athletes that would do better in an offense that runs lots of misdirection, four WR sets, and quick slant over the middle. Nothing slow to develop, no handoffs five yards into your backfield. We are not going to be a ball control, between the tackles type of team. We need to lighten the atmosphere on the kids and encourage them to play loose without fear of making mistakes. Think of a Mike Price type of atmosphere. You can’t recruit a bunch of Stitt type athletes and then bring Hauck in to belittle them. It isn’t going to work for a while.

We don’t have an OL to run any kind of an offense. I’m betting Bobby can correct any morale issues if there are any. He also has some very good assistant coaches to help him.
I look forward to the Griz beating up on the Bobcats in a few weeks!

The subject line of this thread is driving me crazy.

I keep going Western Wyoming - Douglas, which is wrong on so many levels.

indian-outlaw said:
I’m on record saying Hauck is going to have real trouble getting the ship righted here. He is a good recruiter and under the right circumstances gets a lot out of his players. But I think he is a terrible coach if you are talking about inspiring a team that has low morale. His style of brow beating players is not going to work with someone else’s recruits. The only thing he knows is pro-style offense with dominant athletes. We don’t have that on this team.
I have no faith the Hauck will change but he does not have the O-line to run his style of offense. He needs to utilize what we do have. We have plenty of athletes that would do better in an offense that runs lots of misdirection, four WR sets, and quick slant over the middle. Nothing slow to develop, no handoffs five yards into your backfield. We are not going to be a ball control, between the tackles type of team. We need to lighten the atmosphere on the kids and encourage them to play loose without fear of making mistakes. Think of a Mike Price type of atmosphere. You can’t recruit a bunch of Stitt type athletes and then bring Hauck in to belittle them. It isn’t going to work for a while.

This, unfortunately.

'68griz said:
indian-outlaw said:

This, unfortunately.

Where does this brow-beating thing come from? That's not accurate.

Morale has been high on the team. Don't have any read on that since the last 2 losses.

This is a simple fix:

--- Move a LB and put him in at QB!

-- Eliminate the passing game...who needs it!

--- Go to a run only offense!

--- Depend on the QB run screen on 3rd and longs.

--- Take your QB and play him at LB, and your next best QB and put him at WR never to be thrown to with seriousness again.

Help? :thumb:

I believe Brint Wahlberg's post mortem accurately describes the problems, with that said, my 2 cents:

1. Bench Sneed, better yet cut him and build around Humphrey and find some more QBs, not too late yet.
2. Have O line pushing a sled up to the M every day until they figure out blocking is their job, not standing around watching the game like the folks in the stands. Unless they're all walk-ons, they were recruited from high school in these positions, meaning they demonstrated this basic task required of every o lineman I would think.
3. Have receivers running the bleachers all practice until they figure out dropping passes that hit their hands is not acceptable. Even though they seem to run just fine, catching the ball appears to be optional to them in their performance so far. If all they want to do is run, let'em run...
4. Give defensive coordinator two games to get DBs straightened out or send him packing.

Something doesn't change quick, Cats are going to administer an @$$-whipping in WA-Griz stadium that has never been seen before, Gregorak knows Bobby and the program inside/out.

Scott Frost told the Nebraska players last week they look like a team who has begun to like losing, if that doesn't get their attention, I don't know what would.

Even though he is a "Favorite Son", Bobby needs to administer some tough love on coaches AND players alike, or he IS going to have for sale signs in his yard by the end of next season.

Catsrback76 said:
This is a simple fix:

--- Take your QB and play him at LB, and your next best QB and put him at WR never to be thrown to with seriousness again.

And give the coach a three year extension!

PlayerRep said:
'68griz said:
indian-outlaw said:

This, unfortunately.

Where does this brow-beating thing come from? That's not accurate.

Morale has been high on the team. Don't have any read on that since the last 2 losses.
Yea, I'm sure moral is at an all time high among players.

Catsrback76 said:
This is a simple fix:

It seems to be working okay in Bozeman. I am impressed with success coming out of the band aid approach, probably combined with some nice talent, great attitude and good coaching

PlayerRep said:
Catsrback76 said:
This is a simple fix:

It seems to be working okay in Bozeman. I am impressed with success coming out of the band aid approach, probably combined with some nice talent, great attitude and good coaching

Same here. Going to be a tough game come November if TA is still healthy. Also I have liked the Cat dline play so far, our line better get some things figured out or Sneed will be hit/hurried a lot.

ordigger said:
The subject line of this thread is driving me crazy.

I keep going Western Wyoming - Douglas, which is wrong on so many levels.

I am in Douglas, Wyoming - and would have never thought of the subject line that way....
Was more in the thought pattern of Why, Why, Y, dUMb.

Catsrback76 said:
This is a simple fix:

Couldn't hurt...

Catsrback76 said:
This is a simple fix:

this post is great. it makes you my favorite cat fan. :thumb:

Look: These Kids want to win: Trust me. Coaches, you must do what you get paid to do. Teach em, Coach em, Correct em,love em, scold em, But Dammit Coach em. They would lay down their life for you. I know..Go Griz

This is very simple. Run every drill starting with this dictum:
DO NOT TURN OVER THE G..D..N BALL!!

Every single loss this year can be traced to turnovers. The above should be emblazoned on the uniforms, tattooed on the helmets and instead of placards reading Montana ... Grizzlies have them read DO NOT TURN OVER ... THE G..D..N BALL!!

Back