• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck Response to Coaching Rumors

Copper Griz said:
.... but he should think twice before jumping into the dumpster fire that Bobcat football presents.
The Cats have now managed to develop for themselves a reputation as the graveyard of FCS football coaches. :shock:

Reading this list and taking into account the current salaries of potential candidates, it is glaringly apparent that both Montana universities need to up their pay scale a notch. It's going to be tough for either school to get top notch head coaches when coordinators and position coaches at the next level make more than d-1aa head coaches.

Forget about Hauck.

Cats are close to hiring a coach from Texas!

Forgot his name but he is a very good high school coach.

If Coach Hauck is hired by MSU, Griz are in a lot of trouble. Bobby will coach circles around Stitt. MSU getting a coach that good and qualified is pure poppycock plain and simple. I hate the Cats

Big G said:
If Coach Hauck is hired by MSU, Griz are in a lot of trouble. Bobby will coach circles around Stitt. MSU getting a coach that good and qualified is pure poppycock plain and simple. I hate the Cats

Would that look something like this?

soccer_drill_image115.gif

Big G said:

As long as Phenice does not make the trip, you may be right. If Phen-Phen is the OC... Look out!

There are currently three people being interviewed this week for the MSU job--Tim Cramsey, Jeff Choate, DL coach Washington and Johnny Nansen, Asst. Head Coach and RB coach at USC. Nansen coached RBs at MSU for a year back in 2000. Here is his bio.

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/johnny_nansen_880405.html

Yukon said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Dominic_Shelden/status/671385071761231872[/tweet]

Given the language in the tweet from the SID, referring first to "MSU" and later in the same sentence to "Montana State University", I wonder if Bobby actually referred to MSU and then to "Bozeman State University"--and the SID not being in the know, changed the wording to Montana State University. Seems odd to use MSU first, and then get formal the second time.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Reading this list and taking into account the current salaries of potential candidates, it is glaringly apparent that both Montana universities need to up their pay scale a notch. It's going to be tough for either school to get top notch head coaches when coordinators and position coaches at the next level make more than d-1aa head coaches.

Some truth to this. However, on the flip side... many high profile coaching positions require head coaching experience. Those looking to make the jump to a high major head coaching job may consider a FCS head job for a resume boost.

Don't confuse base salaries with total compensation. Montana coaches make close to a half million IF they produce.

tnt said:
Don't confuse base salaries with total compensation. Montana coaches make close to a half million IF they produce.

No MT coach has ever come close to making a half million dollars. I doubt that any has gotten very close to $300,000.

Well, if we weren't giving the President of each school a bonus of $500,000.00, maybe we could afford more.

PlayerRep said:
tnt said:

No MT coach has ever come close to making a half million dollars. I doubt that any has gotten very close to $300,000.

I said IF they produce. Maybe Ash got paid more more than Montana Coaches. Last year Ash earned $298,538 of a possible $446,038. NOT COUNTING what he earned from camps and outside incentives or car etc.

"For his guidance and leadership of the MSU program, Ash receives a base salary of $174,538 with incremental raises possible each year. He gets guaranteed appearance bonuses totaling $30,000 each for the Cat Chat and Bobcat Pregame radio shows and for the Bobcat Sports Report television show. Each year he participates in fundraising activities, social activities, booster functions (social and golf), public speaking engagements and ticket sales campaigns, the university pays him $21,500, bringing his baseline annual salary to $256,038.

Ash also receives a courtesy automobile and can explore endorsement opportunities to supplement his income. He also receives an undisclosed amount of money from football camps hosted by MSU. He gives all the profits from the camps in their entirety to his assistant coaches. Ash may also supplement his coaches salaries through money raised by the MSU Quarterback Club or the Coaches Excellence account."

The whole contract is explained here:

http://staging.skylinesportsmt.com/contracts-head-coach-rob-ash/

He was short 462.00 of the 300,000 you said no Montana coach was even close too and the figure didn't include money from other sources.... Is Montana paying its coaches that much less than State.

tnt said:
PlayerRep said:
tnt said:

I said IF they produce. Maybe Ash got paid more more than Montana Coaches. Last year Ash earned $298,538 of a possible $446,038. NOT COUNTING what he earned from camps and outside incentives or car etc.

"For his guidance and leadership of the MSU program, Ash receives a base salary of $174,538 with incremental raises possible each year. He gets guaranteed appearance bonuses totaling $30,000 each for the Cat Chat and Bobcat Pregame radio shows and for the Bobcat Sports Report television show. Each year he participates in fundraising activities, social activities, booster functions (social and golf), public speaking engagements and ticket sales campaigns, the university pays him $21,500, bringing his baseline annual salary to $256,038.

Ash also receives a courtesy automobile and can explore endorsement opportunities to supplement his income. He also receives an undisclosed amount of money from football camps hosted by MSU. He gives all the profits from the camps in their entirety to his assistant coaches. Ash may also supplement his coaches salaries through money raised by the MSU Quarterback Club or the Coaches Excellence account."

The whole contract is explained here:

http://staging.skylinesportsmt.com/contracts-head-coach-rob-ash/

He was short 462.00 of the 300,000 you said no Montana coach was even close too and the figure didn't include money from other sources.... Is Montana paying its coaches that much less than State.

You said coaches can make close to a half million dollars. "Produce" to me doesn't mean achieving every conceivable bonus that could be awarded; it means producing mostly in terms of wins. Earning every conceivable bonus just isn't going to happen. In the article you provided, it would not be possible to get close to a half million dollars, even if all bonuses were received. In fact, Ash didn't even get to $300,000. I concede that Ash got close to $300,000.

Back