• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre-Game/Post-Game hangouts

AppState88

Hey all,
Well, I'm coming from App Land to take in a Griz Game this weekend. My brother has gotten us tickets, and is in charge of the itenerary, but is there any particular hangouts/tailgates where y'all gather?

Look forward to putting a face with some of these names!

Awesome. Tailgating is mainly outside the stadium, between it and the river. One would think if you guys just prominently wore your App State gear and strolled around the tailgates, you will be absolutely plied with food and drink.

There alot of pregame hangouts but the Press Box on the North side of the river is the closest to the stadium and probably the best before the game. Then about an hour or two before kickoff I would just head over to the tailgates around the stadium. You can eat, drink, and be grizzy over there. After the game you have a number of places down town to have a cocktail. Red's is probably the best if you can get there early enough to get in. Depending on where you get to stay is going to determine how you want to spend your evening though. Northern Colorado will hopefully not be that exciting of a game so I hope you get the real feel of the environment as it is a special place. Have fun.

Excellent App,

Check out the eGriz tailgate in the west parking lot. You will meet a lot of the posters there and the Re/Max tailgate behind the north endzone!

Make sure you wear your App gear so we can see you! Where are you sitting?

Thanks for the info, really looking forward to it. Will try to get by the egriz tailgate.

Was not planning on wearing App gear simply because I'll be there to cheer for the Griz. (My brother will be wearing Griz gear since he teaches there!)

But, hey, if you all think I should I will pull out my well-worn and disgusting ASU cap!

Hope to see you all on Saturday.

AppState88 said:
Thanks for the info, really looking forward to it. Will try to get by the egriz tailgate.

Was not planning on wearing App gear simply because I'll be there to cheer for the Griz. (My brother will be wearing Griz gear since he teaches there!)

But, hey, if you all think I should I will pull out my well-worn and disgusting ASU cap!

Hope to see you all on Saturday.

Definitely man! If you are an Appy St. man, then there is nothing wrong with supporting it! I've always loved fans from other teams. It gives you something to talk about and everyone has fun... as long as you're not "that guy" that wants to fight everyone. But you seem pretty cool, so support it proudly and we'll be there to razz you a little :beer2:

We have an Appy State alum and another guy who is from Banner Elk, near Boone; on our staff and both are proud wearers of the old Black and Gold right in the middle of our Go Griz Fridays. I say wear it and be proud...it will be a great conversation starter.

Welcome! :party:

AppState88 - Welcome. I'm sure you'll love the enviroment and the fans. I'd like to suggest you leave time for a visit to the Missoula Club ("Mo Club") either Friday or Saturday night. It has a real football atmosphere with lots of good fans. Lots of sports memorabilia. Try a "Mo Burger". They look very ordinary, but are the best. Go Griz!

And please drop by the KGVO Radio pre-game party. Ask aybody. We do a two-hour pre-game and Tom or Pete would love to have you on the air to talk Appy State. Have a great time and tell them Mick sent you.

grizvox said:
And please drop by the KGVO Radio pre-game party. Ask aybody. We do a two-hour pre-game and Tom or Pete would love to have you on the air to talk Appy State. Have a great time and tell them Mick sent you.

Should I come by as well Mick?, I think I'm available that morning.

I could track Grizo down and a few of the other egriz members who like to do autograph sessions.

:laugh:

just kiddin...enjoy appy!!!

P.S. wear all the Appy gear you got, Griz fans will treat you like a celeb! Heck, you've been invited to talk ont he state wide tailgate radio show...only in Missoula, America - Griz Nation!

grizvox said:

i agree, the KGVO tailgate is a good place to hangout. You can listen to the pregame and drink free beer....nothing better. To find it just look for the blimp.

grizvox said:

Love the show and it gets me fired up on the way to town from Helena. I'll be honest though, I could do without Dink Konklin. He is so bad.

loyalgriz said:
grizvox said:

Love the show and it gets me fired up on the way to town from Helena. I'll be honest though, I could do without Dink Konklin. He is so bad.

To be honest I don't listen pre game, just post game and live with Mick and Gurnz instead of TV announcers....but Dink Konklin? Seriously, that's what his name is? Dink Konklin?

griztastic said:
loyalgriz said:
grizvox said:

To be honest I don't listen pre game, just post game and live with Mick and Gurnz instead of TV announcers....but Dink Konklin? Seriously, that's what his name is? Dink Konklin?

I think he may be referring to Dean Conklin

Grizbacker1 said:
griztastic said:
loyalgriz said:
grizvox said:

I think he may be referring to Dean Conklin

Whew! and "dang it" all at the same time :thumb:

Tailbone said:
Bronco said:
Grizzo was wearing his App State t-shirt for the earlier games.

Yeah, but it didn't fool anyone........the dress gave him away.

AppState88,

I don't know what's on the menu, but if you like real good food, and some great conversation, I'd suggest stopping by Grizfnz's tailgate. You'll get to meet the real powers that make eGriz what it is, including me.

Its located directly across from the Adams Center, in Parking Lot P.

If your taste in food leans toward stale chips, and warm beer, I'd suggest visiting Bronco's tailgate. You might get to meet Bronco, BozGriz, and Scapegoat...warm beer, and stale chips in the flesh! :thumb:

This week is pulled pork and porkrinds...and, Bronco found his recipe and will be preparing ICE for our cooler as well!

Come on down! :thumb:

Bacon Wrapped shrimp, coho salmon, and elk tenderloin are some of the usual items on our menu...come on by Appy we are 25 yards North of the egiz tailgate everyone described or 25 yards West of the GSA tailgate. (across the street at that main intersection I described earlier)

Look for the Big man cooking at the BBQ under the big tent in a Griz colored Hawaiin shirt if it's not raining, That be me!....

Glass of red wine in hand at 9:30 AM.

Back