• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ticket Sales Brisk

GrizRick

eGriz Club
DONOR
according to this morning's Missoulian:
"As of 5 p.m. Tuesday over 14,000 tckets had been sold, UM athletic director Jim O'Day said. At this pace the Griz could equal the attendance for last year's first-round game against McNeese State, which was 20,077."

Good job, Griz fans!

I would think that by extending elk season another two weeks for a big chunk of the state that another 1,000 fans will show up for the game. The pressure is off - for now! Ticket sales are even with last year and we had over 20,000 - I will guess we have 21,000 this year!

MTGrizzFan said:
that's awesome...lets get it as loud as possible.

Last year's 1st round game was the loudest game I heard in WA/Griz that year...well, rivaled REALLY close with UMass. DEFINITELY louder than any game so far this year.

#15 Fan said:
MTGrizzFan said:

Last year's 1st round game was the loudest game I heard in WA/Griz that year...well, rivaled REALLY close with UMass. DEFINITELY louder than any game so far this year.

:bubbarubb:

#15 Fan said:
MTGrizzFan said:

That is because it is the diehard fans that go to this first game and not the "sit down in front" fans. :party:

As of yesterday at about 11:30, there were over 17K sold. We were ahead of last year by a ways.

grizpack said:
As of yesterday at about 11:30, there were over 17K sold. We were ahead of last year by a ways.

thanks for the update...a new first round record would be nice.

grizpack said:

NICE! Looking forward to a LOUD AND PROUD crowd!!! :dance: :clap:

GO GRIZ :dance:

The opening round game against Nortwestern State a couple years back was absolutely incredible as well...loudest game I have heard overall.

It had to be the smallest crowd I've seen in WA-Griz.

I think this weekend is a true "Griz Fans Only" type game.

Reason Why the playoff games on this specific Thanksgiving weekend are something special:

- Lot of people home for the Holiday weekend.
- A game almost ever year on Thanksgiving weekend (since 1998)people can plan for it. It's pretty much like rain on Memorial Day Weekend....you can count on it!
- You gotta be a fan to make this game- Cold, Holiday weekend, students are gone, etc.
- First game of the Playoff's - "More excitement" and "better football to watch"

I like our chances - See ya all at the game...let's sell this damn thing out!

Call a friend and tell them to go to the game..then call another, etc etc....and when you have ran out of friends who you can call and talk into going to the game...buy one of the people who can't afford to go a ticket, and pick them up Saturday morning!!

You'll have a friend for life! :thumb:

Go Griz

I attended my first Griz game in over 40 years this year. I had heard about the "loud noise" and excitement of the new stadium...
This was homecoming, and the game was close, but the crowd was hardly intimidating. I have seen high school games with louder and more exciting atmoshpheres. The mascot is cute..the band is dull...the students, thankfully, drunk...just lie in the 60's...but the big noise...it ain't so big as to bother any team that has played a college game...I think all you Griz fans need to get out to other stadiums...Still, I hope it is cold and wet...the Griz like it like that....Go Grizzlies!!! WE don't need no stinkin noise to beat a Southern team!

Homecoming is ALWAYS the lamest crowd of the year. There are too many fans for which this is their only game of the year and they haven't been properly trained. You absolutely cannot judge the GRIZ crowd by attending only the homecoming game!

62GRIZ said:
Homecoming is ALWAYS the lamest crowd of the year. There are too many fans for which this is their only game of the year and they haven't been properly trained. You absolutely cannot judge the GRIZ crowd by attending only the homecoming game!

I agree, Homecoming is a social event for many. while the game is secondary to some. All the places you can count on being able to park are taken by some dude who hasn't been their in ages. I think some of them would like valet parking. :tounge:

We'll definitely break our open-round record a third consecutive time. It's nice to see those numbers.

LAGriz67 said:
I attended my first Griz game in over 40 years this year. I had heard about the "loud noise" and excitement of the new stadium...
This was homecoming, and the game was close, but the crowd was hardly intimidating. I have seen high school games with louder and more exciting atmoshpheres. The mascot is cute..the band is dull...the students, thankfully, drunk...just lie in the 60's...but the big noise...it ain't so big as to bother any team that has played a college game...I think all you Griz fans need to get out to other stadiums...Still, I hope it is cold and wet...the Griz like it like that....Go Grizzlies!!! WE don't need no stinkin noise to beat a Southern team!

I had some old broad that turned around and told me to be quiet when it was 3rd and long, last year at homecoming game, i couldn't believe it!

Aweseome news! I'm jacked there's going to be a great crowd.

Sadly, the wife and I will not be among them as expected. We both got the "bad crud" and elected to stay home. :crybaby:

Sigh. But you're better off, because neither one of us have a voice, anyhow. Just be sure the two people who get our tickets are LOUD!!!!!!!

LAGriz67 said:

nobody gets published with a N of 1. i would suggest you go to a few more games at UM before you start telling the griz fans who show up repeatedly and loudly at wash-griz (and other venues where the griz play) that they need to 'get out more' in order to see what other crowds are like.

in other words, your condescending comments regarding wash-griz lack sophistication, as you are making your conclusions regarding the wash-griz atmosphere on the basis of one game, and ignoring the multiple variables that affect crowd involvement, which change from game to game. maybe you ought to make it to a game every twenty years or so, just to keep more current.

LAGriz67 said:

WA/Griz was louder than UW's stadium when they played Boise State this year, and is louder than Georgia's "hedge" or whatever they call it, when they beat Boise State a couple years ago. The loudest I heard Georgia get was during their "overrated" chant. And a decibal meter showing WA/Griz louder than Qwest stadium (probably THE loudest stadium in the US)...but hey, you are from the south...probably a fan from some SEC conference school where the only noise you hear is when there's a score. We bring the noise all freakin' day long!

argh! said:
LAGriz67 said:

nobody gets published with a N of 1. i would suggest you go to a few more games at UM before you start telling the griz fans who show up repeatedly and loudly at wash-griz (and other venues where the griz play) that they need to 'get out more' in order to see what other crowds are like.

in other words, your condescending comments regarding wash-griz lack sophistication, as you are making your conclusions regarding the wash-griz atmosphere on the basis of one game, and ignoring the multiple variables that affect crowd involvement, which change from game to game. maybe you ought to make it to a game every twenty years or so, just to keep more current.

argh!!! In da house.... :shocked:

Back