• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great Falls Tribune Question of the day.

SAVAGE PAW

DONOR
There was a poll published in the Great Falls Tribune (Chrismas Eve paper) my folks told me about and the poll question was about Hauck leaving. I looked for it online but couldn't find it. The poll was not favorable for Bobby to the tune of like 57% being glad or OK with him leaving. Did anyone else see that poll?

SAVAGE PAW said:
There was a poll published in the Great Falls Tribune (Chrismas Eve paper) my folks told me about and the poll question was about Hauck leaving. I looked for it online but couldn't find it. The poll was not favorable for Bobby to the tune of like 57% being glad or OK with him leaving. Did anyone else see that poll?

lotsa kitty fans logged in

Big One 25 said:
SAVAGE PAW said:

Great Falls is not Kittie central by any means. Its a Griz town for the most part.

SAVAGE PAW said:
Big One 25 said:

Great Falls is not Kittie central by any means. Its a Griz town for the most part.

I was wondering about that I know the cats have their spring game there every year and I work with a guy who claims GF is a cat town. I think of all the major cities in Montana GF may be the most cat friendly.

Hammer said:
SAVAGE PAW said:

I was wondering about that I know the cats have their spring game there every year and I work with a guy who claims GF is a cat town. I think of all the major cities in Montana GF may be the most cat friendly.

I don't think so. On game weekends here in Missoula I can go downtown after games and the bars are loaded with folks I know from Great Falls. I mean LOADED with them. Go to Great Falls and look at logo wear in the stores and Griz gear out paces Cat gear on the shelf 3 to 1. I see Griz plates and bumber stickers in GF in droves.

Well when I was working in Havre I drove thru GF and did see alot of Griz plates and signs. I don't think there is one major town in Montana, outside of Bozeman, that is more Cat than Griz. I know Butte is at least 70-30% Griz, maybe more.

Hammer said:
Well when I was working in Havre I drove thru GF and did see alot of Griz plates and signs. I don't think there is one major town in Montana, outside of Bozeman, that is more Cat than Griz. I know Butte is at least 70-30% Griz, maybe more.

Yeah, businesses all over GF paint up their windows with Griz stuff. Funny that the Cats have lost so much ground over the years but they don't admit it on BCN.

Great Falls used to be Cat Central. When I was growing up, it was hard to find a Griz fan. The Cat's owned central Montana. But the Griz weren't very good then either. Funny how those things change.

Just goes to show you how important it is to keep the Griz train on the tracks and moving forward.

grizpack said:
Great Falls used to be Cat Central. When I was growing up, it was hard to find a Griz fan. The Cat's owned central Montana. But the Griz weren't very good then either. Funny how those things change.

Just goes to show you how important it is to keep the Griz train on the tracks and moving forward.

This was/is the case in Billings also. There WAS a predominance of Cat fans over Griz fans here. Yet as the Griz became the dominant team, the Griz bandwagon grew significantly in Billings. It is still probably close to a 50/50 deal here, yet most of the Billings Cat fans are hiding in their closets or quit watching college football altogether. This gives the impression Billings is now about 70/30 Griz. Yet a few good years in Bozeman and their blue & gold will come out of hiding.

grizpack said:

No kidding. Growing up in Power, almost every kid was going to go to school in Bozeman for Business Ag. Glad I was one of the first from Power to "buck" the trend. Started UM in 1986 and they have been winning ever since.

I found it, and in fact voted in it. The "good for him, he deserved it" was winning when I voted by quite a bit. I just looked, and can't find it again though.

grizpack said:
I found it, and in fact voted in it. The "good for him, he deserved it" was winning when I voted by quite a bit. I just looked, and can't find it again though.
Yeah my folks said it was published in the print edition and was not favorable. The sugarcoaters must be going back for mulitiple votes......just kidding.

UofMGrizFan said:
Are you sorry to see UM Coach Bobby Hauck leave?
Yes: 43% No: 57%

Total votes cast: 527
Thanks for digging that up. I heard it the other way around but I still bet that's closer than most fans here thought it would be. I think those numbers in Missoula would be reversed. Thanks UofM.

I have always said the the silent majority of Griz fans did not like Hauck. Egriz is NOT representative of the majority of Griz fans. There are about 50 posters on here who make 90% of the posts, out of thousands of Griz fans. Most posters on here are sugar coaters, who lack an in-depth understanding of the game of football, and who are satisfied with beating up on nobodies during the regular season and losing in the playoffs. Objectivity is not allowed on this board, without the "bad fan" label being thrown around. So, Bobby was a perfect fit for these people.

All any fan had to do was to go to any bar in Missoula the past seven years and bring up the topic of Bobby Hauck. You would then get the true picture of what the majority felt about our head coach.

Hauck will not be a UNLV three years from now.

Back