• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great Falls Tribune Question of the day.

I know almost everyone I work with (and its big employer) were happy about it. One guy told me his family heard of the departure on the radio driving down the bitteroot and almost crashed the car cheering about it.

grizzly high said:
Objectivity is not allowed on this board, without the "bad fan" label being thrown around.
They love to use the term "haters" for anyone expressing any criticism or opinions in conflict with their own.

Grizzlies1982 said:
grizpack said:
Great Falls used to be Cat Central. When I was growing up, it was hard to find a Griz fan. The Cat's owned central Montana. But the Griz weren't very good then either. Funny how those things change.

Just goes to show you how important it is to keep the Griz train on the tracks and moving forward.

This was/is the case in Billings also. There WAS a predominance of Cat fans over Griz fans here. Yet as the Griz became the dominant team, the Griz bandwagon grew significantly in Billings. It is still probably close to a 50/50 deal here, yet most of the Billings Cat fans are hiding in their closets or quit watching college football altogether. This gives the impression Billings is now about 70/30 Griz. Yet a few good years in Bozeman and their blue & gold will come out of hiding.

How true. In the late 70's at Billings West there were very few of us Griz fans around. A large number of my friends went to MSU a few saw the light and transferred to UM. I too suspect that there are a fair number of closet Cats in Billings now waiting to jump on a Cat bandwagon if they ever manage to get the axles fixed.

SAVAGE PAW said:
Hammer said:
Well when I was working in Havre I drove thru GF and did see alot of Griz plates and signs. I don't think there is one major town in Montana, outside of Bozeman, that is more Cat than Griz. I know Butte is at least 70-30% Griz, maybe more.

Yeah, businesses all over GF paint up their windows with Griz stuff. Funny that the Cats have lost so much ground over the years but they don't admit it on BCN.

I live in GF and nowhere are there windows painted up with Griz stuff. As a matter of fact I was bitching to the wife about how we'd not seen one sign anywhere saying "Go Griz", or "Good LucK" the week before the championship game, let alone for any game earlier. The only sign I saw all year was from Pierce Auto saying congrats Griz before the SDSU playoff game.

Speaking of the SDSU game.... Our tribune layed out a full page article (pictures and all) one day before the game about "Kyle Minnett" SDSU's star running back and how he came from a small town and we as Montanans would appreciate his work ethic and all other sorts of BS. I'm sure they could have found plenty of small town kids in Montana to highlight but it so happens the tribune is staffed/ran by big time Kitty fans.

I also work in a shop of 14 and only 2 of us are Griz fans. The others.... all Cats. Point being, there are plenty of Griz fans in GF but we are no way in the majority.

albinogriz said:
SAVAGE PAW said:
Yeah, businesses all over GF paint up their windows with Griz stuff. Funny that the Cats have lost so much ground over the years but they don't admit it on BCN.

I live in GF and nowhere are there windows painted up with Griz stuff. As a matter of fact I was bitching to the wife about how we'd not seen one sign anywhere saying "Go Griz", or "Good LucK" the week before the championship game, let alone for any game earlier. The only sign I saw all year was from Pierce Auto saying congrats Griz before the SDSU playoff game.

Speaking of the SDSU game.... Our tribune layed out a full page article (pictures and all) one day before the game about "Kyle Minnett" SDSU's star running back and how he came from a small town and we as Montanans would appreciate his work ethic and all other sorts of BS. I'm sure they could have found plenty of small town kids in Montana to highlight but it so happens the tribune is staffed/ran by big time Kitty fans.

I also work in a shop of 14 and only 2 of us are Griz fans. The others.... all Cats. Point being, there are plenty of Griz fans in GF but we are no way in the majority.

In 2008 I was in GF and saw businesses windows painted prior to the NC game. Some businesses not all businesses. I was dating a gal in GF who is a big Griz fan and we saw several. Maybe not so much this year. Why go through all the effort when Bobby can't close the deal might have been what they were thinking. If my memory serves me correctly and thats a big if the Ace Hardware on the east end of 10th ave. south was painted, I also seem to remember the Barrel Cafe had a Go Griz window along with a sandwich shop downtown. Maybe your just not paying attention to them.

Back