• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

brawl of wild: is it Griz/cat or cat/Griz?!?!?!?

griznation23

so, it's brawl of wild pre-week and noticed a few "cat/Griz" statements or"Griz/cat" statements, which is it and or does it depend on where they play? is it brawl of wild not cat/Griz or Griz/cat... shot...

oh puleeeeeze its always been Cat/Griz and always will be. To call it anything else is juvenile.

After all you don't see Navy running around calling it the Navy/Army game. NO, it just sounds stupid and to all of you idiots that insist on calling it the Griz/Cat game are just plain stupid too. If you have to be first in the name and don't like using Cat/Griz then refer to it as Montana/Montana State.

Is that the response you were looking for when you baited the hook on that hot button issue? LOL

griznation23 said:
so, it's brawl of wild pre-week and noticed a few "cat/Griz" statements or"Griz/cat" statements, which is it and or does it depend on where they play? is it brawl of wild not cat/Griz or Griz/cat... shot...

More than anything I suspect it is a function of "Where" you grew up.

I'm a long time Griz fan and alumni yet it comes out as "cat / Griz" when I say it. It is little "c" and big "G". Yet cat comes out first. I believe it is from growing up on the plains instead of the valleys.
"Brawl of the Wild" is from a relatively recent newspaper advertising campaign and has no street cred (gangsta talk there boys ;) ). "Brawl" was just a safe way to refer to the game without tickin off either fan base and hurting newspaper sales.

By the way, I've never seen any harm in letting the "cats" be named first.
After all, two out of three times the Griz come out first on the scoreboard.
:ugeek:

Griz/sCat. Say it fast, and you'll understand why. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Because Griz "scat" is what the 'Cats will be after 4:00 on Saturday the 19th.

This year I call it a glorified scrimmage for msu. Are you guys bringing your flathead high jv uniforms again?

AZGrizFan said:
Griz/sCat. Say it fast, and you'll understand why. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now THAT'S funny!!

Grizzlies1982 said:
griznation23 said:

More than anything I suspect it is a function of "Where" you grew up.

I'm a long time Griz fan and alumni yet it comes out as "cat / Griz" when I say it. It is little "c" and big "G". Yet cat comes out first. I believe it is from growing up on the plains instead of the valleys.
"Brawl of the Wild" is from a relatively recent newspaper advertising campaign and has no street cred (gangsta talk there boys ;) ). "Brawl" was just a safe way to refer to the game without tickin off either fan base and hurting newspaper sales.
:ugeek:

Right except your capitalization is wrong, its Cat/griz ;)

Jaredkuehn said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Jaredkuehn said:
Its been Griz/Cat my entire life :thumb:

What, are you 12?
Says the Cat fan posting on egriz...

captain-obvious-700x487.jpg

I think the winner of the previous game should get the honor of having their name promoted 1st the next year. As for me, it is GRIZ/Cat.

On a more serious note.....

I think this actually changed during the joe glenn years. Everyone called it cat/griz for years until about 10 years ago or so when um really made a push for people to start calling it griz cat.

It was about this same time that the name brawl of the wild started being used by the media so as to not to offend anyone from either school.

Im going to go eat a jelly and peanut butter sandwich.

last year, over on CS.com, there was a post w/link that provided proof that initially the Brawl started out as Griz/Cat.

wbtfg said:
On a more serious note.....

I think this actually changed during the joe glenn years. Everyone called it cat/griz for years until about 10 years ago or so when um really made a push for people to start calling it griz cat.

It was about this same time that the name brawl of the wild started being used by the media so as to not to offend anyone from either school.

Im going to go eat a jelly and peanut butter sandwich.

AZGrizFan said:
hahaha +1

in Vegas at the moment anywhere griz wear is recognized (Griz hang out)?

Back