• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

brawl of wild: is it Griz/cat or cat/Griz?!?!?!?

ilovethecats said:
:lol:

not sure if this is funny or embarrassing. do any of you REALLY give a rats ass? seriously, do you really care? or is this just another in the long list of petty crap cat fans and griz fans, (oops sorry.....griz fans and cat fans) insist on bitching about?

personally, i don't give a crap what anyone calls it. call it GRIZ-pussy if that's what makes you feel good. doesn't change a thing for me.

not sure what is lamer.....people calling it something retarded as a "slam" against the other team......or people whining about people calling it something retarded as a "slam" against the other team....

:cool:
Why do you insist on posting rational thoughts here? You are a buzz kill and you must be stopped!

GoosetownGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
:lol:

not sure if this is funny or embarrassing. do any of you REALLY give a rats ass? seriously, do you really care? or is this just another in the long list of petty crap cat fans and griz fans, (oops sorry.....griz fans and cat fans) insist on bitching about?

personally, i don't give a crap what anyone calls it. call it GRIZ-pussy if that's what makes you feel good. doesn't change a thing for me.

not sure what is lamer.....people calling it something retarded as a "slam" against the other team......or people whining about people calling it something retarded as a "slam" against the other team....

:cool:
Why do you insist on posting rational thoughts here? You are a buzz kill and you must be stopped!

i'm a VERY slow learner..... :msugrad:

When the game is in Bozeman it's "CAT/griz" and when in Missoula it's "GRIZ/cat".

There it's settled! Quit your baby ass whining and complain about something that matters. Like the crappy beer your buddy brought to the last tailgate!

This is simple.

It is MONTANA - MONTANA STATE. It has always been MONTANA - MONTANA STATE. It always will be MONTANA - MONTANA STATE.

Now can we move on?

I grew up in Libby. Have always been a Griz fan. Have always called it Cat/Griz. (the other way sounds stupid). Did not know anybody called it Griz/Cat until I saw it on egriz.

Shakermaker said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:
Jaredkuehn said:
Its been Griz/Cat my entire life :thumb:

and it's been a great 8 years.... hasn't it?

Judging by your screen name, and his apparent age, you want to go out on a date with him, don't you.

:eek:

I'm not Jerry Sandusky, if that's what you're implying. But to clarify, my name is nothing more than a tribute to my all-time favorite egrizzer and the fact that he used to call me hurtful little names all the time. :hater: Plus, I'm straight but not narrow.... (see if you're smart enough to figure that one out). I ought to commend you though, you seem to have more intestinal fortitude (i'll explain that too, if you need help) than that ratbastard McQueary did at Penn State, for sticking up for poor little 8-year old JaredKuehn.

oh, and by the way, I don't care what you call it, but Griz/Cat just sounds f-ing stupid. Fitting, perhaps...

I have tons of friends who are Griz fans, and even a few misguided family members, and literally none of them refer to it as Griz-Cat. For whatever reason, maybe alphabetical or maybe something else, that's what it's always been called, and that's what sounds better, just like with Army-Navy. FWIW, if you use the name of the schools, rather than the nicknames, then it should be Montana-Montana State, because that sounds better.

Montana is 69-36-5 all time in the rivalry. As long as the Griz hold a 2-1 margin of victory, it will be referred to as Griz-Cat...Simple as that.

From what I was told, By a griz booster with close ties, is this.
Awhile ago lets say early 90's, there was a meeting with big wigs for the UM. They made it a point that whenever they are mentioning the UM on anything, ie. literature, merchandise, signs, or just talking, that they should use griz first. Why promote another school first. So it started and spread. that being said, this person is also in broadcasting and said, while working on air they would only call it cat griz, because it is gramatically correct, but any other time it is griz cat for them.

So weather it is for a university thing or a griz ego thing, it is what it is. dUMb!

Jaredkuehn said:
Montana is 69-36-5 all time in the rivalry. As long as the Griz hold a 2-1 margin of victory, it will be referred to as Griz-Cat...Simple as that.

But that point is, that it's NOT referred to as Griz-Cat, even among the overwhelming majority of Griz fans. Do you still claim that the sun rises in the west, even after watching it rise in the east every day of your life? I know....but it SHOULD rise in the west....right!!?? :roll:

knhoj said:
Jaredkuehn said:

But that point is, that it's NOT referred to as Griz-Cat, even among the overwhelming majority of Griz fans. Do you still claim that the sun rises in the west, even after watching it rise in the east every day of your life? I know....but it SHOULD rise in the west....right!!?? :roll:
Hmmm, point taken...Though it appears to me that since 1897 the sun both rises and sets in the west. At least in the great state of Montana. :cool:

GRZFTBL said:
Ugh, I've said this hundreds, if not thousands of times. Ladies first, Cat-Griz. :thumb:

Griz fan here. +1.

I've always called it Cat-Griz. It sounds better to me.

Cat-Griz sounds better.

Who really gives a fuck how it goes though? The days need to go faster. It needs to be the 19th already, too many dumbass threads that are pointless and boring.

Back