TV - What's the deal?

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

TV - What's the deal?

Postby Sundown » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:55 am

So, I've been offline a lot since last fall and didn't see what the problem was between the athletic department and KPAX in respect to why they arn't broadcasting football this season. This surfing from broadcaster to broadcaster is f*cking lame and pathetic. It doesnt help that we don't get any of the channels the games are on this season with our current Dish sub.
“You can do all this crap-spread; you know two backs, four backs, six backs, nine receivers, whatever you want to do...” - Mick Delaney
eGriz: the Mos Eisley of internet sports forums.
Sundown
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: University of Montana

Re: TV - What's the deal?

Postby OleGriz » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 am

What happened was the Big Sky Conference signed a deal with Root Sports to televise a certain number of conference games. They chose to show 7 of the 8 conference games the Griz are in, including the Bobcat game. Without the Big Sky games (especially Cat-Griz), it wasn't worth it to KPAX to bid on the remaining games. (This also may be a bit of a hissy fit over no longer having the main broadcast rights). The games thus have various other broadcasters covering them; (I think today's game is being covered by Liberty's regular TV broadcasters and picked up by Altitude, for example)
UM YAH YAH!
OleGriz
eGriz Newbie

Postby griznation23 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:51 am

dishnetwork has it on channel 412- Alt. if u dishnetwork
We R Montana!!!
griznation23
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Griz Nation

Postby grizfromhel » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:56 am

non-conference games have always been a crapshoot, just be thankful it's on something as accessable as Altitude.
Disclaimer: When it comes to the Griz, my cup is half full (and, yes, it is koolaid).
grizfromhel
Full time eGrizzer

Postby Sundown » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:26 am

OleGriz wrote:What happened was the Big Sky Conference signed a deal with Root Sports to televise a certain number of conference games. They chose to show 7 of the 8 conference games the Griz are in, including the Bobcat game. Without the Big Sky games (especially Cat-Griz), it wasn't worth it to KPAX to bid on the remaining games. (This also may be a bit of a hissy fit over no longer having the main broadcast rights). The games thus have various other broadcasters covering them; (I think today's game is being covered by Liberty's regular TV broadcasters and picked up by Altitude, for example)

OK, I think I remember something of that now. Basically by going along with the BS's tv contract, UM has created the equivalent of its own NFL blackout dates during the non-conference games in order to increase ticket revenue.

Anyone know how long the tv deal was inked for?
“You can do all this crap-spread; you know two backs, four backs, six backs, nine receivers, whatever you want to do...” - Mick Delaney
eGriz: the Mos Eisley of internet sports forums.
Sundown
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: University of Montana

Postby havgrizfan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:38 am

Sundown, NO, you're wrong. The new TV contract had NOTING to do with tickets sales. As stated earlier, the BIG SKY CONFERENCE chose to sign the deal with Root, and Root is actually considered a national sports channel at this point, as both Dish and DirecTV offer it, as does Montana's main cable provider, Bresnan/Optimum. Secondly, NOT one single Griz game is "blacked out" as you say. All three of the aformentioned providers carry Altitude as well, which today's game is being broadcast. IF you have Dish or DirecTV and you DON'T have Altitude, either you are too cheap to pay for the sports package, which is like an additional 7 dollars a month, or your programming is screwed up and you should be angry at your service provider. In ANY event, NONE of the Griz games are "blacked out" or are not available to a market. IN FACT, the games on Root and today's Liberty game are available to a much LARGER audience then if it were broadcast on KPAX.
havgrizfan
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby keena52 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:46 am

Anyone know what channel altitude is on direct tv. Gotto introduce the sports bar here in big 12 country who the griz are!!
keena52
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby mtgrizrule » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 pm

keena52 wrote:Anyone know what channel altitude is on direct tv. Gotto introduce the sports bar here in big 12 country who the griz are!!

681 :thumb:
I am passionate for: God, family, friends, US Military, GRIZ, Protandim, Truescience, and Lifevantage (great products for aging, health, and skin)
video: http://www.abcliveit.com/site/ABC_Primetime_Report.html. http://www.mylifevantage.com/271791 We are also looking for more partners. Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
mtgrizrule
eGriz Elite

I am a fan of: DA GRIZ

Postby grizfanatic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey, someone said you could view the game on DISH at channel 142, but I'm not even finding that channel listed--even in those I don't subscribe to. Anyone know where to find it on Dish?
Touchdowwwwnnnn MONTANA!
grizfanatic
eGrizzer

Postby maroon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Let's hope the UL Monroe Auburn game ends soon. It's 28-21 Auburn with 3:17 left. ULM is driving to tie it up.
maroon
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby deputygrizbro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:37 pm

maroon wrote:Let's hope the UL Monroe Auburn game ends soon. It's 28-21 Auburn with 3:17 left. ULM is driving to tie it up.

Hopefully with a game-winning TD for UL Monroe!!!

Since the Griz game telecast is waiting, I was hoping the same for the bobcat game because watching Ohio State look like crap against Cal was very amusing
deputygrizbro
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: Griz

Postby Blgs Griz Fan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:41 pm

I presume the Griz game starts with or without Altitude being ready to broadcast. Is that correct?
Blgs Griz Fan
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby cannonball » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Blgs Griz Fan wrote:I presume the Griz game starts with or without Altitude being ready to broadcast. Is that correct?

Yes the game is going on. Griz 3 and out, but Liberty just punted back to them.
cannonball
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby maroon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Auburn wins in OT. Now we will get 5 minutes of commercials.
maroon
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby F.T.C. » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:58 pm

grizfanatic wrote:Hey, someone said you could view the game on DISH at channel 142, but I'm not even finding that channel listed--even in those I don't subscribe to. Anyone know where to find it on Dish?

I've got it on Dish channel 410.
F.T.C.
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby pepperbear » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:06 pm

I have ATT U-Verse, and it looks like they don't carry the Root channels at all... well, crap. Does Fox's college sports channels ever play the games? I really want to watch the games on TV, not my computer...
pepperbear
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: Montana

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS